Adoption

New Friends

I'm so sorry about how late this chapter is. It's holiday season in retail stores ontop of my whole store being liquitaded. I've barely had time to breathe. But seriously guys I'm so so sorry. Forgive me. I luv you guys.


"Hoseok!"

Hoseok jumps, biting back a startled yelp as the door of his new studio is slammed open, turning wide eyes to the brunet standing in the doorway, one of his hands crossed over his chest and the other reaching up to grasp onto a ear of a disgruntled white-haired man. Hoseok blinks, tilting his head in confusion, "Um...yes?"

"Do something about your partner! Please! He's been lying infront of the studio as a wolf since mid-day! Whining and whimpering!" The brunet screeches, dragging the other and releasing his ear only to push him into the room as Hoseok stares at them.

Hoseok looks down at the man sitting by his feet glaring at the brunet, before giving a sigh and slight smile, "...it's almost sun-down, Nam. You could've just come in and waited in here with me instead of being a nuisance."

"I wasn't a nui-"

"You were! It wouldn't have been so bad if you laying on the floor. In your. Wolf. Form." The brunet snarls, throwing his hands in the air in exasperation, before turning to the now amused Hoseok, "Really. Do you know how hard it is to convince the people just moving to our village that Namjoon won't hurt them and that he isn't a dangerous, wild animal?! It's not funny, Hoseok! Stop laughing! Everyone here has grown up with you two; we know that you'd die protecting us. We know you're not wild, dangerous animals unless you feel a threat to us or yourself or-"

"Hoseok! Namjoon!"

Namjoon and Hoseok both jump at the sudden yell, looking at the brunet before bolting out of the door, brunet hot on their trail. Namjoon rushes over to where the yell came from, skidding to a hault infront of the wide-eyed girl, grabbing her by the shoulders quickly, "What happened, Danielle? What's the matter? Are you alright? What-"

"There-there was a man in the-in the forest line! He-he wasn't part of our village or of the new caravan settling in! He-he was scary!" The girl cried, shoving her face into Namjoon's chest, trembling slightly and grabbing at his shirt tightly.

Hoseok shushes her, peeling her fingers away from Namjoon and wrapping his arms around her as Namjoon narrows blue eyes in the direction of the forest. He sways her for a minute before kneeling down to be face-to-face with her, smiling slightly while moving some of her blonde hair from her face, "Can you tell us what he looked like, Dani? Can you do that? You said he was scary, right? Scary like Namjoon and I or-"

"NO! You're family! Family isn't scary! That-That man! He-he had red eyes! And-and red teeth!" Danielle yelled, crying and throwing herself at Hoseok, burying her face in his neck as he picked her up, frowning at Namjoon in worry. Hoseok sighs, smilng at the brunet as he takes Danielle from him, "You'll take her home, Nuit?"

"Of course. Go see what's going on. First you guys smell a different wolf in your territory and now a man with red eyes and red teeth. This can't be good. Go. I'll let everyone know to stay inside until you come back. Might as well go find Oscar and Nikolai. Ra knows if they help everyone will know within seconds! Go. Hurry." Nuit smiles forcibly, waving the other two off with one hand as he walks back into the their village, covering Danielle with one hand as he yells for the aforementioned two.

Namjoon doesn't hesitate, shifting and bounding into the forest a loud howl of anger leaving him as he disappears from view. Hoseok hesitates slightly, glancing back to village before following Namjoon, howling his own response to his alphas call.

-----

Hoseok whines lightly as he paws at the young wolf, nosing against him slightly, tongue darting out to at the stranger's face softly. When he and Namjoon smelt the new wolf they could tell he was young, it was why they left him be in the forest. They couldn't tell how young, though. He can't have been more than yearling. At most. He definitely wasn't old enough to travel alone without his pack, escpecially with how hurt he obviously was. What would make a little one travel alone like this? Hoseok's head snaps up at the outraged roar coming from his mate, looking at the fallen wolf once more before sprinting to where the sound came from.

Hoseok wishes he hadn't.

Namjoon is leaning against a tree, shaking his head roughly, a growl of discomfort leaving his throat, trying to regain his bearing. Hoseok tears his gaze from his mate to focus on the small, desperate whines coming from the two small children. He lets out a whine himself when he sees one of the children valiantly throwing anything he can get his hands on at the man-the vampire-despite the tears that are obviously distorting his vision. Hoseok snarls viciously as the man smiles wickedly, hands tightening around the other childs throat enough that the whimpering stops completely. He doesn't hesitate to ram right into the man, giving a slight wince when one hand drags across the boys throat leaving angry red lines. He whines again when the vampire jumps at him with a hiss, raking his nails through the air, just barely missing all of Hoseok's side, just grazing him. Namjoon jumps between the the vampire and Hoseok, snarling at the man, ears folded back in fury. He snaps at the man as he lunges, locking his jaws around the vampire's arm, shaking and growling approvingly at the snap it makes. He yanks at the arm, tearing it from the other, almost smirking at the hiss of irritation as the man stumbles back a step, reaching with his a leg to kick out at the white wolf.

Hoseok looks at his mate as the old blood mixes on his white fur before turning away, nosing at the child laying on the floor cautiously, wincing when the other throws something at him. He looks up at the little boy throwing things, a little curious at the blue eyes narrowed at him, looking down quickly to see the bleeding child's eyes a hazy purple. Hoseok whines at the two, across the wound on the smaller boy's shoulder and neck before looking at Namjoon and the vampire locked in a tangled fight before swtiching to human. Glancing once more at the fighting pair before looking at the blue-eyed child watching him warily, body moving with his hiccupping sobs, hands clenching around a rock, fingertips bloody from the pressure. Hoseok whines lowly, quickly looking to make sure the two were still fighting, the vampire still preoccupied. He leans forward slightly, pressing his thumb and pointer under the smaller boys hai-line at the back of his neck, cooing softly at the pitiful whine the forced trasnformation. He gives a slight smile at the tiny black pup before him. Ignoring the tiny warning growl Hoseok looks at the slightly bigger child, speaking lowly and giving another quick glace over his shoulder, "Can you shift? Are you hurt? I need you to follow me back. Quickly!"

Hoseok didn't wait for an answer as he shifts, grabbing the black pup by the scruff of his neck, rumbling softly when he lets out a whimper, glancing at the other pup as he s beside him, before taking off into the forest, getting further away from Namjoon's angry snarls and the vampire's rage-filled growls.

-----

Hoseok lets out a howl as soon as he reaches the village, skidding to a stop, letting out an amused huff when the pup following him can't stop himself quickly enough and stumbles over his own front paws before landing clumsily infront of the older wolf. He clambers to his feet with a yelp as people suddenly rush around him out of the nearby buildings. He whines at the onslaught of smells, growling at the people as he scrambles under Hoseok, winding around the older wolf's legs to snap his jaws at the approaching people.

Hoseok gently puts the black pup down, at his still bleeding wound, turning to nudge against the aurburn pup before shifting once more, "Nuit!"

The brunet shoves the rest of the people out of his way as he slides downs next to the wounded animal, running his fingers softly across the pup, pressing gently to determine where the wound is deepest. He glares at the auburn pup as he starts to tug on Nuit's sleeve when the black one whimpers, curling into a ball. Nuit looks at Hosoek, "Get him away from me. I'm taking him to the medical building." Nuit gets up, gently craddling the black pup and glaring at the other as he bites at his pants. He rolls his eyes, glancing around the people watching them, some in concern some in fear, glaring once more at the people, "Well? Move! Nikolai! With me! Really? Move, oh my Ra! You people cannot listen to save yourself!"

Hoseok smiles at the auburn pup as he gets up to no-doubt follow the irritated brunet, grabbing him by his scruff, "No, no, little one. Nuit will fix him up, okay? C'mon. Let me bring you home, get you cleaned up while we wait for your brother to get fixed up and Namjoon to get back. Do you want to shift?"

The pup let out an aggrivated growl before dropping and giving a slight nod, Hoseok putting him down and watching the boy shift back, smling wider at the affronted look on his face, eyes narrowed and lips pouting. He looks away from Hoseok, crossing his arms, "....fine."

Hoseok tugs lightly on his sleeve, grabbing his hand when he drops his arms, "C'mon then, pup. This way. When you're clean we'll go see your brother."

"....Taehyung."

Hoseok blinks, before humming slightly, smiling down at the pup, "Is that your name?"
Taehyung nods, fingers tightening around Hoseok's hand when a few people they pass start cooing at him, shuffling closer to the older wolf. He let's out a startled yelp when Hoseok picks him up to hold him closer, snuffling into the older wolf's neck, allowing himself to be soothed by the older's rumbles. Gripping his hands into the elder's shirt Taehyung peeks over to where his brother's scent trails off into the smell of chemicals. He pulls himself closer, "...Minnie goin' be 'kay?"

Hoseok blinks, "'Minnie'? Is that your brother's name?" Taehyung shrugs and Hoseok shakes his head with a smile while opening the door to his home, "Nuit will make him feel better, yes."

Taehyung blinks, tightening his grip, "...wha' 'bout th-the..."

"The scary man in the forest?" Hoseok questions softly, gently setting Taehyung on his bed, kneeling on the floor to be eye-level with him, sighing when the younger nods hesitantly. Hoseok gathers the pup in his arms, running his hands through his hair softly, rumbling lowly as the younger starts to sniffle, gripping onto Hoseok tightly, warm tears soaking Hoseok's shirt as he let out his restrained fear from being attacked and watching the vampire hurt his brother. Hoseok rocks them for a few more seconds before pulling away, smiling sadly at the confused whimper Taehyung lets out, brushing the tears away softly, "Namjoon, my mate and pack Alpha, he's taking care of the scary man, okay? You just worry about getting clean and then getting to your brother. C'mon. I'll help you take a bath okay?"

Taehyung nods, wiping at his eyes with his closed fists, giving Hoseok a watery smile as the older wolf moves to take off his ratty shoes, lifting his arms to allow him to take his shirt off as well.

-----

"Hoseok!"

Hoseok's head whips up from dragging a towel across Taehyung, quickly wrapping him up in the towel and picking him up, walking outside swiftly with the buddle of baby wolf. He looks around frantically before realizing it was Nuit's voice calling to him, making his way over to the medical building. Stepping inside hurriedly, Hoseok almost gags at the way the smell of blood overpowers every other chemical smell. He turns Taehyung's head away from the blood spattering the floor, following the trail to the room Nuit prefers using, giving a silent gasp then a whine when he spots the bloody white wolf breathing heavily on the floor. He looks around for the black pup frantically, sighing when he sees Nuit has him, holding him against himself, covering the small boy's face by holding him against his shoulder.

"Oh thank Ra. Here take the pup and bring him into another room while I work on your idiot mate." Nuit sighs, ing the whimpering child at the stunned wolf before shoving them out of the room and slamming the door behind them.

Hoseok stumbles out of the room, struggling to right himself with the unbalancement of two pups wiggling in his arms. He lets out a slight growl, the two stilling, looking at him with wide, confused eyes. Once they settle Hoseok lets a rumble soothe them, turning to walk out of the medical building and back to his house. He hugs the two closer to himself, "Are you okay, Minnie? Did Nuit help make you feel better? Taehyung was very worried about you, you know."

The black haired child snuffles closer to Hoseok before leaning back a little to smile at Taehyung. Hoseok shakes his head when Taehyung smiles back happily letting a happy rumble of his own before looking up at Hoseok and then over Hoseok's shoulder with wide, curious eyes, "...Papa 'kay?"

Hosoek's eyes widen, his steps faultering slightly at the boy's question, before looking at the younger wolves with wide eyes. He pauses before his door, thinking about the young wolf they found in the forest before finding the two small pups alone, being attacked by a rogue vampire in their territory. Hoseok grins happily, nuzzling the now both curious pups, "Yeah. Yeah, Papa will be okay."