Not All Vampires Are Bad

New Friends

This is the same time frame as chapter six but as Jimin's POVish. Thank you everyone for your continued support of this story even though I sporadically update.(I'm so sorry for that T.T I love you!)


Jimin frowns as he slows down, lips forming a slight pout, crossing his arms. “Why does Tae have to pick on me all the time? It’s not fair! Taehyung is just as head over heels for his mate!” Jimin blushes slightly, a shy, but still so bright, smile lights up his face at the word.

“Taehyung has a…mate?”

Jumping with a rather unmanly squeal, Jimin turns around to look at Jungkook, not realizing the other has snuck up behind him silently. Breathing out heavily Jimin presses a hand to his chest, “Jungkook! Don’t sneak up on people like that!”

Jungkook just stares at him blankly and Jimin is confused because when Jungkook found out a while ago that Jimin is easily scared he’s made it his mission to freak the other out. Jimin isn’t used to Jungkook not gloating about the sounds Jimin makes. Jungkook is definitely not gloating or even smirking in amusement! No. Jungkook is biting his bottom lip, hands wringing the bottom of his sweater, a weird sorrow Jimin can just barely make out in his eyes. Whining lowly at his friend’s sadness Jimin shuffles closer, wrapping his arms around the suddenly tense Jungkook’s neck, nuzzling against his cheek slightly, another, higher, more desperate, whine escaping him when Jungkook doesn’t respond.

Jungkook doesn’t know how to really respond, still not used to the affection the wolves share with each other(and Yoongi and him, to the brothers’ continuous bemusement). Hesitantly Jungkook wraps his arms around Jimin’s waist, letting his head fall on the werewolf’s shoulder, a somewhat bitter smile on his lips, relaxing most of his weight on the smaller male.

“Jungkook? Jimin?”

Jimin frowns when Jungkook goes tense again, fingers clutching at Jimin’s tank-top before letting Jimin go and smiling at the approaching and confused looking Taehyung, the taller man’s eyebrows furrowed and a frown on his lips as his eyes flick between the two. “Hey. Aren’t we teaching the kids today? Why are you guys standing out here?”

“Waiting for you, Tae.” Jimin answers when Jungkook flinches slightly, eyes moving to the ground as soon as Taehyung focuses solely on Jimin. Jimin decides to ask about it later when Taehyung isn’t around. He’s not sure what just happened and he doesn’t like the thought that Jungkook is sad, even though he doesn’t know the reason for Jungkook’s sadness. He just knows that Jungkook scared him as he was, apparently, ranting aloud about how mean Taehyung is for picking on him about his feelings for Yoongi. Like Taehyung wasn’t completely smitten with his own mate! Jungkook could ask Taehyung to bring him the moon and Taehyung would probably try to build a latter to reach the stars!

Oh. Oh. Okay. Jimin smacks himself in the forehead when he realizes Jungkook had, in fact, asked him a question before giving into the sadness pouring out of him in waves. And Jimin never answered him. And now Jimin feels really, really bad. Jungkook likes Taehyung and Jimin just let him believe that Taehyung has a mate that’s not Jungkook. No.

“Jimin?” Jungkook questions in slight surprise when the smaller werewolf lets out a whimper right after hitting himself. He moves to place a hand on his shoulder, in a breath when Jimin flinches, head snapping up to look at him with wide, frantic looking eyes before he sends Jungkook a bright smile, giggling slightly, waving Jungkook off.

Giggling more at Taehyung when he raises an eyebrow at his brother, Jimin shakes his head, skipping ahead to the studio door, hurriedly unlocking it and flipping the lights on, glancing back to see Taehyung looking at Jungkook and Jungkook still avoiding Taehyung’s gaze. Cute. “C’mon guys! Classes will start soon!”

-----

“Jungkook…are you okay?” Taehyung hesitates, sitting himself next the vampire he thinks is ignoring him. They’ve been in the studio for roughly fifteen minutes and Jungkook hasn’t even said more than four words to Taehyung! And those words were “Can you please move?” Taehyung doesn’t understand what he’s done wrong. His chest hurts with the knowledge of him upsetting his mate. What a great dominant mate he is; making his submissive upset and not even knowing how to rectify it! With a whine Taehyung looks at Jimin for help, eyes narrowing when he sees the slight smile on his brother’s face.

“Jungkookie! Can you come here for a minute, please? I want you to look over this plan for the younger ones’ class and tell me what you think?” Jimin calls, finally taking pity on his brother and deciding to clear up the amusing miscommunication. If Jimin is being honest, though, it stopped being funny when he realized how sad it was making both of them.

“Sure, Jimin. No problem.” Jungkook grins, leaping from his seat and making his way over to look at the binder over Jimin’s shoulder.

“Tae, can you go unlock the front doors please? Let the first class in?” Jimin stares at him pointedly and Taehyung sighs, hoping Jimin can help with whatever problem is going on with Jungkook and himself.

Jimin watches Jungkook watch Taehyung leave the room with a smile, tapping his cheek slightly, “Jungkook, about earlier, when you asked about Taehyung’s mate?”

Jungkook’s grin falters slightly, eyes dimming and moving away from Jimin’s side, voice quiet, “Yeah?”

Turning to nuzzle against Jungkook softly Jimin lets out a low rumble Jungkook recognizes as reassurance, relaxing slightly in the arms Jimin has once more wrapped around him, “It’s you, silly nightwalker.”

Jungkook grips onto Jimin’s shirt, burying his head into Jimin’s shoulder, happy smile on his face as relief washes through him at Jimin’s whispered reassurance, “Not a nightwalker. That’s just a myth.”

“Unless you’re Yoongi. Then it’s completely true.” Jimin giggles, face turning pink at the thought of his mate, smiling happily.

Jungkook pulls away to look at Jimin in amusement, nodding, “Yes. Unless you’re Yoongi. He’s too close to the stereotypical vampire legends. Though, lately, he has been spending more time outside during the day…”

“That’s because Jimin’s a daytime person and he doesn’t want miss a single second of him.” Taehyung cackles, sliding the door open and ushering the children behind him inside, watching them briefly throw their bags at the back of the room before spreading out to stretch, some of them greeting Jimin happily.

“Jimin! Are you teaching us today?” A small brown haired boy asked excitedly as he runs up to Jimin, grabbing him into a quick hug.

Jimin laughs loudly as he hugs him back, crouching to be eyelevel with him, looking into excited brown eyes, “Yes, Jahi. My friend Jungkook and I are going to teach today.”

“Hey! What about me?!” Taehyung pouts as he throws himself onto the floor near the back, out of the way.

A blonde haired little girl giggles at him as she wraps her hands around the flat of feet, turning her head to rest her cheek on her straightened knee, watching Taehyung, “Don’t act like you’re very helpful, Taetae! You always sit in the corner and make faces at Mr.Hobi or Jimin whenever they can’t see you.”

“Alexis! I’m hurt you’ve told them my secret! I thought we were friends!” Dramatically dropping to the floor, Taehyung throws a hand over his heart before curling in on himself and whimpering slightly.

“We’re still friends, Taetae. But Jiminnie is a better teacher than you so…” Alexis shrugs her shoulders with a grin as Jahi comes over to help her with her holding count. Alexis grins in appreciation, before looking over at Jungkook curiously, “What was your name again? And who are you, exactly?”

“Are you human or are you a werewolf, too?” Jahi asks as Alexis finishes, moving away from her to help with another student’s count, eyeing Jungkook questioningly.

Jungkook splutters, eyes wide as he looks around at every curious face in the room staring at him, fidgeting uncomfortably, looking at Jimin and Taehyung quickly, “U-Um…I-I’m not human or a werewolf…”

Jahi frowns in confusion, “Then what are you?”

“A, um, vampire?” Jungkook asks hesitantly, eyeing the child questioningly.

A moment of silence in response to Jungkook’s statement before all the children start to protest. Jahi and Alexi both gasp, eyes darting over to Jimin quickly before narrowing at Jungkook hatefully, Jahi stepping closer to Jimin, “Why are you here?! Vampires aren’t welcomed!”

“Leave! Your kind is evil!” Alexis agrees, standing up with her arms crossing in defiance.

“Jahi! Alexis! Stop this! That’s not very nice of you at all!” Jimin cries out, warily watching Taehyung make his way over to a shocked and hurt Jungkook, wrapping a lose arm around the vampire’s waist protectively.

Jahi looks at Taehyung in betrayal before looking at Jimin in determination, “We’ve heard the stories! Grand Giddo’s told about how Jimin got his scars! We know vampires are evil!”

“Oh. Oh, no, no. No you guys, no. Jahi, Alexis, come here.” Jimin waves the two closer, smiling when every other child comes with them, all eyeing Jungkook with distaste. Sitting on the floor Jimin motions for Taehyung and Jungkook to come closer, before looking at the children staring in confusion as he hugs Jungkook, “Not all vampires are bad. Do you think Papa and Mama would let us be around them or bring him into the studio, with you guys, if he was bad? No, right? Jungkook is Tae’s mate and very nice. Also a very, very good dancer. Just like we tell you that not every werewolf you meet is nice not every vampire is bad, right?”

Jahi stares at him, glancing at a sad looking Jungkook staring at the floor despite Taehyung’s arm around his waist, before looking at the rest of the children, seemingly communicating with their eyes. “You said ‘them’. Are there more?”

Jimin flushes at him, turning even redder when Alexis gives him a sly smile, “Th-there’s one more, only. Jungkook’s older brother, Yoongi…my…mate.”

Alexis jumps up, pointing a finger at Jahi, “I told you Jiminnie was in love! I told you! And you didn’t believe me! Ha!”

“Shut up, Lex.” Jahi frowns, ignoring his red cheeks as the other children snicker.

Jimin shakes his head, not even asking what the two mean by their mini-convo, learning it’s best to not bother. “Now that that’s settled, I expect you to treat Jungkook like a teacher if you can’t treat him like a friend. Do you understand? Yes? Good. Up! Up! Class is starting.”

-----

“Good job everyone! The class did well!” Jimin smiles as Jungkook openly praises the children for their hard work, smiling brightly at them when they turn their exhausted smiles back to him. After thirty minutes of warily following Jungkook’s hesitant dance routine orders the children were fast to open up to him when he and Jimin danced together so effortlessly, screaming about wanting Jungkook’s help more than Taehyung’s.

“I’ll walk you guys to the pavilion instead of Jiminnie, okay? So that Jimin and Jungkook can set up for the next class. C’mon. Up you get!” Taehyung smiles, bouncing on his feet as the children all gather around him at the door. Waving quickly at Jungkook and Jimin, Taehyung s his closed fist in the air, “Following the leader, the leader~”

Jungkook grins at Taehyung’s exit, smile turning shyer when Jimin nudges him in the back with a sweaty elbow, “Stop that. I’m happy. Let me be happy. Actually. Let me go grab you some water. Over there.”

Jimin giggles at the flustered vampire, watching him scurry off out of the room quickly, shaking his head at how cute Jungkook is. He’s happy for Taehyung and Jungkook, though. Knowing that Taehyung used to often wonder about what kind of mate he’d have, would he be good enough for his mate, would his mate like him and want him as their Alpha. Jimin can honestly say he’s so, so happy for his brother. He doesn’t know what Taehyung wants to do now that they’ve admitted to being mates and he doesn’t know what Yoongi plans on doing with himself. Jimin will follow Yoongi anywhere the vampire wants to go, Jimin knows this, but he’ll be honest about how sad he’ll be to have to say goodbye to his pack…

“Hello?”

Jimin startles, a smile already on his lips as he looks up at the man shifting in the doorway, “Yes? How can I help you?”

“You are…Jimin yes?”

Jimin pauses mid getting up, looking at the man curiously, every instinct in his body recoiling from the smile on his face. Mentally shaking himself, Jimin lets his eyes flicker over to the doorway behind the suddenly closer man, willing Jungkook to come back quickly, “Yes. Yes, I am. I’m sorry, do I….know you?”

The man’s grin widens, head shaking slowly as he advances on the now panicking Jimin, “No. No you don’t. But your Alpha does. We met quite a few years ago.”

“O-oh? P-Papa’s never mentioned having friends outside of the town…” Jimin stutters, willing his heart beat down so he doesn’t light up and let this odd smelling man know he’s scared.

The man laughs, “No. I don’t suppose he would. I’m actually quite sure he hates me. I don’t blame him, of course. But…” He leans in closer to Jimin, smirking at the whimper it draws out as he noses along Jimin’s neck, breathing in deeply, “You still smell so good.

Jimin bites his lip as he looks at the man, gasping slightly, “Wh-what’s wrong with your eyes?”

Narrowing said eyes the man backhands Jimin roughly, snarling at the smaller on the floor, grabbing him by the hair and pulling back up, “It’s not polite to ask such things.”

Jimin looks into the deformed coloring, half of the man’s eye is purple and the other half is pink, split right down the middle on each eye. Jimin realizes they’re the same shades as his own and Jungkook’s eyes. in a quick breath, Jimin knees the man as hard as he can, sprinting around the groaning person and out of the door, almost running into a frantic looking Taehyung as the taller comes skidding through the studio door, eyes lit up and wild looking. “Taehyung!”

“Jimin! There’s an odd smell in the village and I can’t find Jungkook anywhere! I told everyone I passed to stay inside but Jungkook-”

“You little ! If Master didn’t want you, I’d kill you myself!” The man snarls, appearing behind Jimin and grabbing his arm roughly only to be shoved violently away by an angry Taehyung, breath leaving him as Taehyung slams him into a wall, teeth bared and eyes glowing dangerously.

“Don’t touch my brother!” Taehyung snarls, “Jimin. Jungkook. Home.”

“But, Tae-”

“NOW!” Taehyung snarls, as the man pushes against him desperately, eyes fixed on Jimin as the younger flinches, backing away and running through the studio door, listening intently for any sound of Jungkook at all.

“Jungkook! Jungkook where are-” Jimin screams when a hand wraps around his wrist, eyes glowing and teeth barring as he whips around, automatic defensives dropping when he sees Jungkook’s wide pink eyes, “Jungkook! Thank Gaia! We need to get back to the house! Let’s go!”

Jungkook shakes his head slightly, “What about Taehyung?”

“Tae’s holding this weird guy off, at the studio. He was looking for me…he knew my name and said that Papa knew him…But his eyes… they were weird…” Jimin gasps, running through the forest with Jungkook’s wrist still in his grip.

“But-But Taehyung is-we have to help him! Jimin, let go!” Jungkook struggles with Jimin, not understanding why they were leaving Taehyung to fight on his own.

Jimin whirls around to snarl at Jungkook, eyes a vivid purple and Jungkook can still make out the rising panic in them despite the anger being aimed at him, “He’s an Alpha Jungkook! He’s supposed to protect his pack by himself! We do not get in the way of an Alpha and his fight! I understand that as vampires your rules are different but you can. Not. Interfere! The best way for us to help is by getting home and sending Papa and Yoongi out to help! Not by getting in their way!”

Jungkook’s lower lips trembles before he bites it, staring at Jimin and just now realizing the werewolf is shaking even as his grip on Jungkook’s wrist stays firm. Jimin is scared, too. And neither of them want to leave Taehyung alone but Jimin is right. He knows Jimin is right, “Wh-what’s wrong with his eyes?”

Jimin gives him a forced smile as the pick up their pace again, “They were the color of your eyes and my eyes but, like, they were perfectly split down the middle, color wise. Like…”

“Like he’s a mixed breed...” Jungkook finishes, eyes going wide as Jimin looks back at him with fear, “We need to get back quicker. Jimin, shift. We’ll run faster that way. Hurry. You said he knew your name, right? That’s not good. Yoongi…Yoongi will protect you, Jimin.”

Jimin smiles at him and Jungkook can see the brief flare of love flicker through Jimin’s eyes before he shifts and suddenly Jungkook is running through the woods alongside a black wolf. Jungkook can smell something odd in the air, like blood and dirt, though he can’t seem to figure out where it’s coming from. “Jimin. Can you smell that? Be caref-Ah!”

Jimin whips around a snarl tearing through him as he sees someone land on top of Jungkook, the other struggling to free himself as the manlike creature’s mouth opens, canines lengthening as he lowers himself to Jungkook’s neck. Jimin doesn’t think as he throws his body at the creature, Jungkook swiftly standing and pouncing on the staggering man-thing, hands wrapping around his neck and tearing viciously. Jimin doesn’t have time to wince at the sound as they’re suddenly surrounded by more things with the same weird eyes as the man from the studio, though these people look more...hollow.

“Oh my gods…They…they smell like fledglings and-and werewolf…Jimin…Jimin, run! Run!” Jungkook pushes at Jimin’s frozen body, the sounds and smells from the freshly turned vampire-werewolf-things putting him on edge as he and Jimin race through the forest.

Jimin looks over at Jungkook, meeting the other’s panic-filled pink eyes as they weave around trees and jump over fallen logs. Jimin sees Jungkook glancing behind them, just barely hearing the curse that he lets out before picking up speed. “Faster, Jimin! Faster!”

Jimin can feel the breath of something close by, the smell over running most of the forests’ natural comfort. Yelping when something grabs his tails, Jimin stumbles over his feet before scrambling back up, desperately trying to find his traction again, whimpering when he feels teeth sinking into his back left leg. Turning Jimin locks his jaws onto the creature, the dried blood leaving a bitter taste in his mouth as he hears more of them catching up and Jungkook running back towards them. Whining again when one jumps on his back, teeth dangerously close to neck and another at the base of his tail, Jimin sees Jungkook tearing the arm off of one before another wraps around Jungkook’s neck from behind. Biting down on the leg of the thing biting his tail Jimin throws himself backwards on the ground, scrambling to his feet when the creature on his back lets go, jogging away from the things, Jimin lets instinct take over, desperation coloring his voice as he calls for his mate.