Hide-And-Seek

New Friends

“No.”

“What? Why?” Jimin whines, giving Namjoon a pathetic pout.

Namjoon groans before looking over at Hoseok glaring at the smirk on his mate’s face as the other raises an eyebrow. Namjoon is obviously not getting any help from Hoseok on this matter. Sighing Namjoon turns to look at Jimin again, firmly stating, “No. Jimin.”

“B-But, Papa, why? I just want to-”

“Because I don’t trust them!” Namjoon snarls, eyes flashing blue before he takes a deep breath at the whimper Jimin gives in response to his anger, the smaller flinching away from the elder, hands onto the hem of his shirt, head bowing. Namjoon runs a hand over his face in slight irritation, though at Jimin’s incessant questioning or the vampires’ presence or himself he’s not sure.

“I’ll go with them, Pops.” Taehyung offers lazily, and easy grin spreading across his face when Jimin turns to him happily and Taehyung can practically see Jimin’s tail wagging in excitement.

Namjoon sighs in defeat when Jimin, once again, turns pleading eyes towards him, lower lips pushed out in a begging pout, “Fine. Whatever.”

“Yay!” Jimin grins, throwing his arms in the air as he rushes over to the two vampires watching them curiously, “Let’s go for a run!”

Jungkook grins at Jimin’s excitement, glancing at Taehyung briefly before nodding at Jimin, the werewolf’s excitement getting to him as he starts bouncing from foot to foot while Yoongi shakes his head with a grimace. “Okay! We’ll see who’s faster!”

Jimin’s grin drops a little at the look of annoyance on Yoongi’s face, smile dropping into a pout when Yoongi rolls his eyes at Jungkook’s words. “What? You don’t want to play with us, Yoongi?”

Yoongi’s automatic no dies on his tongue when he looks at Jimin’s sad face, the other’s eyes wide and shimmering with-oh gaia-tears. Yoongi stares at him for another second before mimicking Namjoon in sighing in defeat, “I don’t remember saying that.”

Taehyung shares a grin with Hoseok when Jimin immediately perks up again, smiling widely at the flustered looking vampire as the brunet looks away from Jimin’s smile. Taehyung shakes his head at the two before wandering over to the three, throwing an arm around Jimin’s shoulder, nuzzling the other lightly, sighing softly and closing his eyes when Jimin turns to face him, returning the pressure with a low hum. He reopens them lazily when Hoseok lets out a faint clicking sound with his tongue and Taehyung follows their mother’s gaze to the two vampires staring at them intensely, hiding a grin in Jimin’s neck as he nudges at the junction of Jimin’s neck and shoulder, pulling away way after Jimin lets out a low, confused whine, squeezing Jimin before stepping away from him. He turns to Namjoon when Namjoon calls for his attention, ignoring Hoseok’s poorly covered snicker and Jimin’s confusion, “Yeah, Pops?”

Namjoon rolls his eyes at Taehyung’s actions, looking at him seriously before nodding in Jimin’s direction, “Keep an eye on each other and don’t leave the border.” When Taehyung and Jimin nod in acceptance he cringes before turning to the two vampires, “Its summer so there’s most likely going to be people roaming the woods. Those people are off limits.”

Yoongi raises an eyebrow as Jungkook gags, “That’s not a problem.”

“Ew…ewwwww. Can you imagine that, Yoongi? Ewwwwww.” Jungkook looks at his older brother in disgust before glaring at the pack’s alpha, “We’ve never…indulged in human. Ew. Do you realize the things humans put in their bodies? Ewww. That’s just…no. Ewwww!”

Hoseok looks at the two in surprise, he and Namjoon sharing a curious look before Hoseok turns to the two, smiling slightly at the look of distaste on Yoongi and absolute disgust on Jungkook, “You’re vampires that don’t drink from humans?”

“I find that hard to believe.” Namjoon mutters under his breath, putting his hands up in surrender when Hoseok and Yoongi both glare at him, “What? It’s the first I’ve heard of it. We’ve seen our fair share of them when we migrated, Seok.”

“Our maker got queasy at the sight of blood flowing from humans and he’s only ever drank from animals after his first few months with his maker. We’ve only had animal blood. Though, I’ll be honest. I tried a human once.” Yoongi shrugs nonchalantly, glancing at the horrified look of revolution on Jungkook’s face, “It was bitter. Tasted tainted. I don’t see the draw, personally. Animals are such a purer substance than humans.”

Taehyung tilts his head, he’s read of vampires the first couple of days they met, curious about their new friends, “So, biting and/or drinking from us, would that be drinking from an animal or a human?”

“Taehyung!” Namjoon growls in warning when Hoseok looks horrified at the thought and Jimin-oh sweet gaia, Namjoon can’t deal with this-looks increasingly curious, staring at the vampires with look of interest. The last thing they need is for Taehyung to spike Jimin’s incessant curiosity.

“You know, I’m not sure.” Yoongi grins mockingly at the looks the two older werewolves are sporting before calming when Jungkook roughly pokes him in the side with a glaring pout, “I don’t think you’d count too much as an animal though. So you don’t have to worry. We plan on keeping our teeth to ourselves.”

Jimin pouts at the vampires before glancing at Taehyung when he mutters that’s too bad under his breath, ignoring the look of warning from Namjoon. Grabbing Taehyung’s hand Jimin leads them towards the forest before Taehyung can open his mouth again. He’s finally got Namjoon to agree on letting them run freely with Yoongi and Jungkook, he’ll be damned if Taehyung’s mouth makes Namjoon reconsider his acceptance. Smiling once more at the vampires, Jimin lets out a giggle, “Hurry up! We’ll leave you behind~”

Hoseok shakes his head with a grin as Yoongi and Jungkook glance at each other before sprinting after the already shifted two, Jungkook letting out a happy laugh at being able to actually run without fear. Hoseok watches them until he can’t see them anymore before sighing and turning to a frowning Namjoon, “Nam.”

Namjoon startles, turning wide eyes towards Hoseok, flushing slightly at the soft smile decorating his mate’s lips, shifting slightly when Hoseok wanders closer, draping his arms around Namjoon’s neck, playing with his hair as he leans to nuzzle at Namjoon’s neck, sighing in happiness when Namjoon wraps his arms around Hoseok’s waist. Hoseok rests his head on Namjoon’s shoulder, closing his eyes and just breathing in Namjoon’s scent before pressing a lingering kiss to the other’s neck, pulling away slightly to press a kiss to his lips before pulling away altogether, linking their fingers as he tugs Namjoon away from the wood’s edge with sly grin. “C’mon, Nam. Tae won’t let anything happen to Jimin, or vice versa. Besides, Yoongi seems like he’d be able to help defend against whatever nonsense is going on in that head of yours. They’ll be fine. Let them have fun.”

Namjoon frowns, glancing at spot their pups vanished from, “But what if-”

“You know, the studio is closed down for the day and our children are being entertained elsewhere for an unmentioned amount of time. We’d have the place to ourselves…” Hoseok whispers to Namjoon, pressing up against his alpha’s side and darting his tongue out to at the patch of skin behind Namjoon’s ear, grinning smugly at the growl it gets him before Namjoon drags him in the direction of the studio.

-----

Jimin lowers himself to the forest floor, ears faced forwards as his eyes follow the figure crouching by the river. When the other leans forward to cup his hands in the cool water Jimin jumps out of his hiding spot, pouncing on the other. Only to realize he’s pounced on no one, the person having vanished from his previous spot. Jimin whines when there’s a chuckle from behind him, whipping around to glower at the other but tilting his head in confusion when there’s no one there either.

“Boo.”

Jimin yelps at the voice suddenly right next to him, jumping in shock, losing his footing on the muddy bank before falling in the water.

Yoongi snickers quietly at the look of shock on Jimin’s face, ears drooping with water before crouching next to the water again, not resisting the urge to reach out to Jimin, ruffling the wet fur of his ears. Yoongi gives Jimin a faint smirk, “Gotta be quicker than that to surprise a vampire.”

“Oh?” Jimin grins smugly as he shifts back, sitting in cool water before quickly grabbing Yoongi’s wrist and tugging the vampire into the water, “Like that?”

Yoongi glares at him from behind wet bangs before sighing at the giggle his anger gets him. He splashes Jimin lightly, letting Jimin push his in retaliation, laying in the water and watching the blurry figure of Jimin from just under the water’s surface. He grumbles when he feels his leg being pulled roughly from the bank’s direction. Yoongi sits up to glare at his smirking little brother, scoffing at the way Jungkook raises an eyebrow at him, glancing at a once more wolf Jimin before letting his eyes slowly look back at Yoongi in amusement. Yoongi glares at him in warning, grabbing his hand and flipping him into the deeper part of the river when Jungkook just continues grinning smugly. Yoongi turns to throw Jungkook a triumphant smirk when he resurfaces with an angry pout.

A loud squealing makes him look over at Taehyung and Jimin, raising an eyebrow at the way Taehyung, still in human form, climbs on top of Jimin only to jump off of his back, diving into the river smoothly. Taehyung floats on his back after swimming back and forth a few times, grinning when he gets close to Jungkook diving back under the water and disappearing.

Jungkook frowns when the bubbles coming from Taehyung vanishes, the deeper water making it harder to see past a few feet under the surface. Glancing over at his brother Jungkook bites his lip. He knows that he and Yoongi can stay under the water for as long as they want, breathing not really necessary, something more of a habit than anything, but he’s unfamiliar with werewolves. They need to breathe properly, right? Jungkook looks over Jimin, noting that the other doesn’t seem too worried about Taehyung’s vanishing act, but it’s hard for Jungkook to tell, seeing as he’s not exactly an expert at wolf body language. Jungkook’s thoughts are cut off when a hand wraps around his ankle, a loud gasp barley having time to leave his lips before he’s being pulled under the water, deep enough that it gets darker, harder to see. Through the dark Jungkook sees glowing blue eyes watching him intently, Jungkook freezing at the look, the feeling of a soft hand brushing across his cheek and down his neck faint, before the both of them are suddenly rushing back to the surface. When Jungkook looks over at Taehyung the other is already next Jimin, urging him to play with him.

“Jungkook?”

Jungkook starts, looking at Yoongi with wide eyes before grinning at how relaxed Yoongi looks splayed out on a hugs rock lazily watching the other three. Jungkook shakes his head at his brother, nonverbally telling him he’s fine. Swimming closer to the pair of arguing werewolves Jungkook glances at Taehyung before looking at Jimin, pulling at him lightly, not sure how werewolves compare in strength and durability to vampires, grinning when Jimin automatically looks at him with a curious smile, ignoring a now whining Taehyung, “Yes, Jungkook?”

“How about we play hide-and-seek?” Jungkook asks, excitement filling his voice at the thought. He and Yoongi never really had the freedom to just be themselves but here, in this woods surrounded town, they don’t need to pretend to be human, free to run and jumps and climb without fear of exposing themselves. They’d had a race earlier and Jungkook almost broke an old oak tree in his attempt to slow down enough to pass as human when he caught sight of a few older townspeople in the forest. Their response?

“Better hurry, youngin’. Taehyung already cheats to win and Jiminnie will never let you live it down if he wins. Go on, go.”

“No, no. Go that way. You’ll get there faster. Go now!”

Yoongi scoffs from his spot, rolling his eyes when Jimin and Jungkook turn as one to pout at him, “Really, Kookie? Hide-and-seek?

“What’s wrong with that?” Jungkook huffs demandingly, crossing his arms in a defense, “We haven’t played that since we were kids. Before…”

Yoongi sighs in irritation when he looks at the pout on Jungkook’s face, knowing that he’s going to cave as soon as his eyes move over to Jimin, seeing the expression mirrored on him as well. “Fine. I’ll be it. Just, both of you, stop looking at me like I’ve taken your soul from you.”

“It’d be the only one you’d have.” Jungkook mumbles under his breath, flashing Yoongi an innocent smile when the older male rumbles a warning. He grabs Jimin’s arm and drags him out of the water, not even looking to see if Taehyung was following or not as Yoongi starts counting obnoxiously. He laughs loudly when Jimin lets out a happy ‘whoop’ detaching himself from Jungkook and grabbing a low branch, swinging himself up and grinning down at Jungkook before recklessly jumping to a tree to his right, disappearing from view. Jungkook looks over at Taehyung with a slightly shy smile, wondering if he’d imagined the feel of the other’s fingers earlier, “Good luck, Taehyung.”

Taehyung beams before shifting forms and making a beeline in the opposite direction, excited howl echoing in the forest.

-----

“One-thousand-nine-hundred-ninety-nine, two-thousand. that was too many numbers.” Yoongi grumbles, sitting up from where he’s till laying on the rock by the river, stretching his arms up and sighing when they pop. He glances at the sky, noting the late position of the sun before closing his eyes and breathing deeply, closing off every other sense. Snapping his eyes open, Yoongi grins jumping down from his rock and running towards the right side of the forest.