It's chronic

We're all right where we should be

* I don't know the exact timeframe between SMTM3 and M&M, this is pure my imagination

 

 

 

Hanbin

Hanbin was sipping his cappucinno in a 24hr coffee shop, talking to someone seated in front of him, with papers and documents scattered across the table. That person was another representative from SM. Hanbin forgot how many times he had been approached by entertainment agencies, asking him to consider moving and quit YG. His answer has always been a "No," even though some of them (usually the big fish) apparently more persistent than he thought. Like this one.

"The CEO & shareholders agreed to double your incentives from our last year proposal, should you reconsider about  joining our company," the rep said.

Hanbin internally sighed. He should've rejected the guerilla approach from the beginning so he wouldn't end up listening to the boring statements from SM rep. "I'm so sorry, but the answer is still the same," Hanbin tried to at least be polite despite the urge to just go back home and sleep off his headache after days of endless composing work for the sake of iKON future, and avoiding unnecessary interactions with the members, especially Bobby.

"Do you have something in mind, that you'd like to add for this deal to happen?" The rep reached his tablet from the briefcase and made a gesture indicating that he was prepared to type in whatever Hanbin has to say.

Hanbin raised his gaze to meet the rep's stare. For a second there, his mind was playing the unpleasant memories and feelings that haunted him since he got eliminated and his friend won the SMTM3 award. He also felt a pang on his chest, when he remembered the time when iKON had to pick rooms at their new dorm. All members know that big room with three beds were reserved to the three kims, the original members. They didn't even have to voice that out. It was some kind of unspoken rules between members that the golden trio is entitled to whatever privileges YG brought for them. So, logically, three kims would end up in the big room. However, strangely, Jinhwan picked another room instead. Hanbin still second guessing Jinhwan's action. Did Jinhwan really avoiding the big room so he wouldn't be stuck in the same room with ongoing cold war between him and Bobby? Or did he just that clueless?

"Guys, please, when we get there, just act like nothing happen between you two," Jinhwan said to both Hanbin and Bobby at that time, privately, before the shooting began.

"But there's nothing, really, right Hanbin?" Bobby nudged Hanbin's shoulder.

Hanbin nodded and faked a smile, "yeah.. we're fine Jinny, don't worry."

Jinhwan looked at Hanbin with concern, and did the same to Bobby before frowning and leaving the boys.

The rep's voice suddenly caught Hanbin off guard, "So, how is it? Tell me what you want."

 

***

 

Bobby

It was just another sleepless night for Bobby. He stared the ceilings of his bedroom as if it was the most exciting view in the whole world. Bobby occasionally let out a sigh. He was confused. The clock from the bedside table showed 2.00 AM yet Hanbin was nowhere to be seen. Usually, Hanbin got home at 1.30 AM the latest. Even after the workforce drama, Hanbin wouldn't be stupid enough and damage his body like that. So, Bobby was partially worried.

"Hyung, don't think too much, just sleep! I can't sleep if you keep making those pathetic noises," Junhoe thrown a  pillow at Bobby.

"Yah, you little!" Bobby retorted back, but smiling internally. This is what he likes about Junhoe the sassy maknae. His manner is oddly refreshing, yet concerning if not carefully filtered.

Bobby wondered why he ended up rooming with Junhoe on the first place. Bobby is awkward with that kid. Maybe because Jinhwan god-knows-why picked another room during the assignment? So he must choose between the newbie and Junhoe, which of course, he would pick Junhoe instead. Bobby never told anyone about his suspicion of Hanbin's strange behavior, nor does he show it when he hangs around with the members, especially on camera. The situation must've been chronic if even Jinhwan the kindest hyung chose to avoid both Bobby and Hanbin. Bobby let out another sigh. This relationship problem is getting out of hand, and clouding Bobby's mind. The cancer of their relationship, what is it? Bobby wished he shouldn't have to participate SMTM3 at all if it is the sole cause of Hanbin's attitude. But boy, he needed the money for his mother.

Yesterday, when the members were browsing netizen comments about the latest M&M episode, Bobby accidentaly caught Junhoe said, "woah! I have a lot of fans now! But why do they hate Hanbin hyung so much though? Well sometimes he is annoying but I can never hate him really."

Was it another reason that triggered Hanbin's odd behavior? Bobby know that he could confront Hanbin again anytime, like he usually did when Hanbin acted strange. But this is an entirely different situation. Before, Bobby was never the cause of Hanbin's agony, however now, he is the exact culprit of this horror. Bobby clenched his fist in anger. He treasured his friendship with Hanbin so much, he hated it that he might be the one who break it into pieces.