Born Haters

We're all right where we should be

Hanbin

  Hanbin was calling someone on the phone straight after the group dance practice.
  "Mino hyung? I think we need to postpone the meeting. At the park, I mean." Hanbin adjusted his snapback with his free hand, while the other occupied on the cellphone.
  "Eh? Why? You already figured it out yourself?" a deep voice come out from the speaker.
  Hanbin frowned. "You mean about our chat yesterday? Hell if I could. Anyway this is about a new Epik High project I'm currently in. Tablo and Tukutz hyung asked me personally so..."
  Hanbin swore he would never talk to Mino again once he heard a loud shriek coming from the older guy. "EEEEEEEEH?! What is it? You got featured in Epik High album? MAN THAT'S AWESOME!"
  "Yes, with a lot of people, anyway I gotta go hyung. I'll keep us in touch."
  Hanbin pressed the red phone icon on the screen and put his phone back into his jeans's pocket. Actually, he wanted to talk more to his rapper hyung, but he saw Bobby coming at his direction, so he couldn't spill whatever was bugging in his mind at that time.
  Yesterday night, Hanbin had a sudden visitor, apparently asking for his assistance in composing a song for their group's comeback. Of course Hanbin couldn't reject the offer. He respect and admire this guy - Tablo of Epik High - and also composing is simply a passion he couldn't live without. But what really irked him though, was the fact that Tablo approached his friend Bobby first, asking him to be one of their featured artists for Epik High title song, and only after several days of no progress, Hanbin then dragged into the picture. Like a backup or something. The last resort.
  He felt like a coward for not man up and swallow the bitter pill of jealousy. Even though it is not about Bobby's achievement and raising popularity that concerned him, per se, but rather the possibility of someday he wouldn't be able to hold his dear friend's wings and must bear the pain sight of Bobby leaving the group - leaving him - just like how netizen prophecied.
  Hanbin remembered a comment about Bobby at one of the articles mentioning his soon to debut group: 
  [+1125] kkkk what is Bobby doing in Ikon? waste of his talent
  

***

 

Bobby

  Bobby was about to go back looking for Hanbin at the practice room when he caught the said boy on YG cafeteria talking on the phone with someone. He made himself be seen by making an eye contact and walk slowly towards Hanbin, so he wouldn't surprise or disturb the boy.
  "Yo, Hanbin-ah!" Bobby greeted after Hanbin ended the call and waved.
  "Have you ate, hyung?" Hanbin asked. He scooted aside to give Bobby a space for sit.
  Bobby casually seated next to Hanbin even though deep inside he was rather anxious. Apparently yesterday's event and discovery still freak the out of him, and he wanted to test just how ed up his feelings were.
  "I had ramen earlier... Err anyway what are you doing here alone? I thought you already went back practicing," Bobby gulped. He needed to act normal.
Hanbin sighed. He rested his head on Bobby's shoulder looking like he just had a rough day. "I don't know hyung. I'm so occupied lately. I even have to work on the melody thing with Tukutz-hyung tonight."
  Bobby unconsciously pushed Hanbin away. Which earned a glare from the younger boy.
  "You gonna be alone with Tukutz-hyung all night then?"
Hanbin frowned upon the question Bobby just asked. "Well yeah? I mean we still have a lot of things to fix. Considering the deadline, I'd say we have to pull off an all-nighter."
  After gave Hanbin an indifferent "Oh," Bobby's stomach started to twist in discomfort. He just discovered that what he feels towards Hanbin was much more complicated than He already thought.
  Bobby bit his bottom lip thinking about the logical reason behind his anxiety and uncomfortable feeling.
  He was jealous. Bobby was jealous of Hanbin being with another guy, other than himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

apparently the new job got me busier than I thought. So once again, sorry for slow updates and Thank you for the subs, upvotes, and comments! You guys are my motivation!