The Confusion

We're all right where we should be


Hanbin

  When he arrived at the apartment, everybody was sleeping. The whole room was dark, and no sound was heard except a constant ticking noise from the wall clock. Hanbin took off his shoes and walked towards the room he shared with Bobby and Junhoe. Now that everyone was asleep, he shouldn't have any problem sneaking in and rest without unnecessary interrogation either from Bobby or his most caring hyung Jinhwan.
  Hanbin was about to grab the door's handle when it creaked open from the inside.
  "Hanbin-ah." It was Bobby.
  Hanbin seemed surprised for a while before he managed to control his feelings and maintain a calm expression. What the hell was Bobby doing at this hour? Today's training was tiring enough, and tomorrow they have another round of practice waiting.
  "Bobby hyung," Hanbin nodded sternly, "Why aren't you sleeping?"
  "Why do you think?" Bobby retorted back. The room was dark and Hanbin had difficulty in reading Bobby's face clearly.
  Hanbin was not in the mood to play quiz with anyone at this hour. Really, Bobby? Did he try to be civil towards him now? Hanbin wanted to shove the older man aside and just be over with it.
  "I don't know hyung, what, you wait for me?" Hanbin said impatiently.
  "You never call me hyung when the camera is off, Hanbin. I know something's up, we know something's up. Do I even need to ask the obvious question? And yes, for the record I was waiting for you."
  "Tch. Piss off, Bobby, I'm not in the mood for this. We need to practice early tomorrow," Hanbin tried to push the older's chest who blocked his way to the bedroom but Bobby didn't move even for an inch.
  "Don't throw me your leadership bull, please. Listen, Hanbin-ah, if I made you upset, I'm asking for your forgiveness. I can't live like this, having you avoiding me without knowing the reason why," Bobby reasoned.
  Why, indeed. Hanbin was in a state of confusion too, actually. Was it because SMTM? No, something deeper must be the cause. Losing from that show was nothing compared to the heartbreaking suffering from losing WIN. If he can move on from WIN, he can move on from everything. Maybe SMTM was only the trigger. What was it that make him throwing all the rage towards Bobby?
  Hanbin sighed in disbelief. "If we keep this conversation going, we're gonna make everyone wake up and they'll be worried as and God knows when until one of them start crying and we will get ourselves scolded by YG. Ok, Kim Jiwon? If you won't let me in I'll just go back to--" Hanbin words were cut off.
  Bobby leaned into the doorframe, making a way for Hanbin to enter the room. "God, Hanbin. Why are you being so difficult? Fine. Fine. Don't you dare running away tomorrow. We will talk and we will figure the out."
  "Good. I'm proud of you, hyung. Now, if you'll excuse me." with that sarcastic remark, Hanbin walked inside and crash his body into the bed.

 

***

 

Bobby

  Bobby glanced at his best friend from afar. Hanbin was having a rather engaging conversation with Mino at the convenient store in front of YG building. Not the first time he saw this phenomenon, actually. It was the fifth times or so. Bobby let out a depressed laugh. Wow, now that Hanbin was avoiding him, he also found a replacement too? What is Bobby for Hanbin, really? Something he could keep and trash when not used anymore? Bobby tried to think positive. Maybe Hanbin just asking for Mino's advice. But then the only person Hanbin ever asked is Bobby. Or maybe they have a project together? No way, YG would've announced and there was no way B.I. paired with Mino. For God sake, they are THE Double B. They already seen as an unit even if it is not official. Besides, public would rather demand Bobby with Mino, so B.I should be out of the equation.
  "Yo. Look's who's creepin!" Junhoe suddenly appeared behind Bobby with a knowing smirk.
  "Jesus, Junhoe. You scared me. What are you doing here?"
  "Nah, what are YOU doing hyung? See something interesting hmm?"
  Sneaky bastard. Now Bobby must think a good and logical excuse.
  "No, no. I was just passing when I saw both of them. I mean they are not close, but their convos seems interesting. I wanna know what it is."
 Junhoe laughed mockingly. "Yah, hyung. Are you curious of the topic they're talking or are you jealous of Hanbin hyung?"
 Bobby smacked Junhoe's shoulder, earning an, "OW!" From the maknae before saying, "You watch too much drama. I'm just curious of the topic, OK?"
  "Keep telling yourself that!" Junhoe mocked him again, "If it helps, I caught them talking about going to the park or something. Now, I'll just leave it here, I have to practice. Bye loser!"
  Before Bobby was able to smack Junhoe for the second time, the sassy maknae already left running.
  Bobby felt uneasy. He really wanted to wait for them and maybe tried to listen what they were talking but he decided to leave them be. Besides, Hanbin promised that they would talk tonight after practice. So Bobby went back to the YG building and hope the practice would end up quickly.