002

PSYCHO (ON HIATUS)

▼ Of course there would be jealousy – who would have a chance to have lunch with those three guys? The chances were tremendously slim.


Nara

I hummed a song to myself as I stood in front of my locker, waiting for Eunji and Sooyoung as usual. I stuffed my camera into my backpack, slammed my locker shut and turned around. Just then I saw a familiar back view disappearing around the corner.

My eyes brightened instantly.

It was Chanyeol.

I stepped forward, intending to follow him but was forced to stop abruptly when someone grabbed my shoulder from behind. I froze and turned around instantly.

“Did I scare you? I’m so sorry,” Chen apologized. “I didn’t mean to do that.”

“It’s okay,” I replied. Inside, however, I was quite mad as my chance of going after Chanyeol had slipped away.

“Well, I just want to ask if you join us for lunch later,” Chen said. “As you know, it was Chanyeol’s birthday today-“

The rest of Chen’s words went pass in a haze. My mind was only focusing at only one thing – eating lunch with Chanyeol.

“Are you ok with it?” Chen asked, his smile still plastered on his face. I snapped out of my daze.

“Erm, yeah, sure.”I replied, flashing him a smile.

“Good, I’ll see you then,” Chen’s smile grew wider and he turned back and walked away. I glanced forward and saw Chanyeol waving to Chen. I blushed slightly as his glance lingered over me for a while before averting back to Chen.

I took a quick glance at my watch and wondered why Eunji and Sooyoung hadn’t arrived yet. Just then, I jumped in surprise when a pair of hands grabbed me from behind. I suppressed a scream. I whirled around and was about to slap that certain someone before realizing it was Eunji. I put my hand down and put it on my chest, exhaling in relief.

“Eunji! Are you out of your mind?” I scolded, rolling my eyes.

“Well, I wouldn’t do that if you’re not so immersed in talking to Chen just now,” Eunji grinned.

“But you’re so lucky,” Sooyoung pouted, ”Chen just talked to you. I never have such a chance.” She seemed jealous.

I couldn’t help but to snicker when Sooyoung did that; she looked exactly like a hamster. She sent me a glare.

I subsided my snickering abruptly and cleared my throat. “Well, he just invited me to eat with them –“

“Them?” Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

“Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol,” I said as I counted three off my finger.

“Are you serious?! He did that?!” Sooyoung screamed out loud. Every head in the corridor turned and stared at us. Eunji smacked her hard on the shoulder.

“Shut up!” Eunji hissed.

“Sorry,” Sooyoung gave us an apologetic look as she rubbed her shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and began to walk away as fast as I could manage.

“Don’t you ever try to escape,” Eunji said menacingly as she held tightly onto my shoulder and pulled me back.

“I’m not escaping,” I blurted. What an excuse. Everyone knew I was lying. “I just… I just need to get to class.”

“Class doesn’t start in ten minutes,” Eunji smirked.

I just knew that I couldn’t escape from them. This was the disadvantage of having such ‘intelligent’ friends. I sighed and banged my head on the nearest locker.

 

I looked backwards for the thousandth time this hour. Knowing Eunji and Sooyoung’s personality, they would follow me, and I need to watch out for them. I knew what exactly would happen if they knew where I was right at this moment. They would stick by me and try to get a seat at Chanyeol’s table.

I made my way to the dining hall and tried to get a glimpse of Chanyeol.  The huge dining hall was still deserted as lunch time wasn’t here yet. But still, it was quite hard to find someone in such a huge area.

“Nara! Over here!” I turned away when someone called my name. I noticed Chen waving at me from a corner of the dining hall.

I put on a smile and headed towards him.

Chen pulled a chair for me and I sat down before thanking him.

“I need to take care of something, but I’ll be back soon,” Chen told me. Before I could even manage to nod, he left hastily.

I studied the sight before me. A few tables had been pushed together and the tables were crowded with varieties of food and presents. Instantly I knew that those fangirls must have given those presents to Chen, pleading him to give those to Chanyeol. And Chen never refused anyone.

I looked around and made sure that no one was watching me. Satisfied, I took out a present that I had prepared specially for Chanyeol and put it on top of the pile.

I ran my fingers over my camera which was currently in my pocket. After lunch, I’ll do my usual schedule, which was stalking Chanyeol. I smiled to myself, wondering where he would go and do today.

Just then, Chen came back.

“Has Chanyeol arrived?” I asked. I tried to sound casual as not to raise any suspicion.

“I think he’ll be here in a minute,” Chen replied, planting himself onto a chair beside me. “Why, do you miss him that much?”

I pretended to roll my eyes, ”Can’t I just ask as a friend?”

 “Hey, I’m just joking,” Chen laughed. I laughed along as his laugh was quite contagious.

“Well, there he is,” Chen said, jerking his head towards the dining hall’s entrance. “It’s funny as he always turned up whenever I mentioned him. He is bound to have a long life.” He grinned.

I looked to my right and saw Chanyeol, with Baekhyun trailing after him. Chanyeol looked extremely happy as he waved at both of us.

My pulse accelerated.

Calm down, I told myself firmly.

However, that didn’t work. Especially when Chanyeol sat at my opposite.

“Hi,” he said cheerily as he lay his eyes on me. “Let me guess… Chen invited you?”

“Yup,” I replied.

“I see,” Chanyeol said, and a smile that I couldn’t fathom crept up his lips. “Thanks for coming, anyways.”

“You’re welcome.”

I saw Chen giving Chanyeol a glare from the corner of my eye. However, Chanyeol rewarded him with a grin instead.

“So, is Minah joining us?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol tensed a bit and slapped him hard on the shoulder.

“Ouch!” Baekhyun yelped, and rolled his eyes. “Alright, I understand.” And he said nothing more.

I frowned slightly. Who is Minah? Could she be someone special to Chanyeol? Could she be someone… someone that he liked?

I bit my lip. I must be thinking too much, I decided, and shrugged the thought off.

I glanced around the dining hall which was beginning to become packed with students. Everyone was looking over at our table and muttering excitedly. I spotted some spiteful glances – then I realized that those glances were aimed at me.

Of course there would be jealousy – who would have a chance to have lunch with those three guys? The chances were tremendously slim.

I didn’t know the reason Chen invited me either, but I was thankful for it. Someday I would thank him.

Just then Baekhyun arrived – I didn’t know when he left the table – with two people. A frown made its way up my face. They look quite familiar…

“Nara! We’ve been looking high and low for you!” Sooyoung chirped excitedly, clinging onto Eunji’s sleeve.

I winced silently. I should have known.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with confused eyes, searching for an explanation.

“Well, I’ll explain later,” Baekhyun said. “But let’s eat first. I’m starving.”

Eunji sat down beside Baekhyun. There was something in her eyes that I couldn’t put my fingers on. I noticed that her eyes sparkled whenever she glanced at Baekhyun.

Then I guessed it. Maybe Eunji had a crush on Baekhyun. I smirked to myself.

“Nara, what do you think if Chen finds a girlfriend?” Baekhyun asked me.

“I don’t know. I wonder if he’ll ever have one,” I joked.

Just like that, I joined in their conversation.

“Now, I’ve something to announce,” Baekhyun told us after we had all finished our lunch.

All of us looked up and focused on Baekhyun. Chanyeol had an amused expression on his face.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, awkward that numerous eyes were on him. “Well, I don’t know how to tell you guys this, but…” He trailed off and blushed quite heavily.

I noticed Chanyeol raising an eyebrow enquiringly while he sipped some orange juice.

“Just say it aloud,” Chen quipped. “Don’t act like a girl.”

Baekhyun sent him a quick glare. “Well, alright then, if you want me to be straight forward.” He grabbed Eunji’s hand. “Eunji and I are dating.”

Everyone’s jaw – including mine – clattered to the floor. Chanyeol swallowed his orange juice too quickly and started to choke. Instantly, I went over and patted him on the back until he stopped choking. He looked at me gratefully.

“W-What? How?” Chen sputtered. He seemed as if he couldn’t believe his ears.

“I-I don’t know either. I just confessed to her this morning and she accepted it.” Baekhyun said, and his cheeks tinged red.

“Wow, I’m amazed.” I said after finally founding my voice.

“Please take good care of Eunji then.” Sooyoung teased.

Eunji blushed madly.

“Congratulations,” Chanyeol said with his usual toothy grin.

“Now it’s time for you to find a girlfriend.” Baekhyun smirked.

“The time hasn’t come yet,” Chanyeol replied quickly, and sipped more juice.

Baekhyun averted his eyes to Chen, a sly expression forming on his face. “What about you?”

“No thanks,” Chen replied and looked aside, and our eyes met. The time stopped for a moment as we stared into each other’s eyes. Then he looked away quickly, clearing his throat awkwardly.


So here's the next chapter!!! 

I hope it's good though~ @@

Please tell me if I made any mistakes...