001

PSYCHO (ON HIATUS)

 All that mattered to me was Chanyeol; only Chanyeol.


Nara

I arrived at school this morning to find it in a chaos. The hallways were crowded with people, mostly females. Loud and piercing screams could be heard. I had to cover both of my ears with my hands to prevent myself from going deaf.

I need not to turn around to find out what was going on. This was not unusual as such a thing happened everyday. I could say that I had got used to it. I opened the door of my locker and stuffed my pile of books in it.

I looked around for Sooyoung and Eunji, who were my closest friends. I huffed in annoyance when I realized that they had not arrived; which was not unusual at all. They usually turned up at the nick of time before the bell rings. If they ever turned up early, then there would be giants trampling all about the school grounds.

Turning back to my locker, I tidied my hair and smiled at a picture which was stuck inside my locker. I brushed my fingers gently over the person in the picture.

If only you know about my feelings for you…

My smile stretched wider. I held the photo in my hands, the picture over and over again.

“Oh Nara!” A voice called out, causing me to snap out of my daze. The photo slipped out of my grasp. I turned towards the source of the voice and saw that it was just Sooyoung and Eunji.

“What are you thinking about just now? We called you several times and you didn’t budge at all.” Sooyoung frowned.

“Nothing,” I replied promptly. I searched for the photo desperately from the corner of my eyes. They must not see the photo. No one should. If anyone saw it, then I would be doomed for my entire lifetime.

“What’s that thing on the floor?” Eunji asked. She bent down to pick up the photo but my actions were quicker. I snatched the photo off the ground before her finger tips even touched it.

Eunji glanced at me curiously. “What is that? I think I saw you looking at it just now…”

“It’s… It’s just a note.” I said as I simply threw the photo back into my locker. I slammed the door shut and locked it.

 Sooyoung’s face brightened instantly and excitement bubbled in her voice. “A note? Did you get another note from your admirer?”

I rolled my eyes. There was one person who kept leaving me notes in my locker recently, and Sooyoung and Eunji kept calling him my ‘Secret Admirer’. To be honest, I preferred it if he just confessed to me face to face. I disliked secretive people.

But even if he confessed, I still would not accept him. I already had someone else engraved in my heart. Although Eunji and Sooyoung were my best friends, not even they knew about this.

“I just can’t stand all this noise,” I said, changing the topic quickly before they could fire me with questions about my secret admirer. “I wonder why the teachers don’t take any action about this.”

Just then, a scream erupted through the hallway. “He’s coming! Oh my god, he’s just so perfect!!!”

I gave a sigh and rolled my eyes, assuming that was from one of the crazy fangirls.

 Just then, three guys emerged from the crowd. The volume of the screams increased tremendously. I winced and took out my earplug, plugging them into my ears. One day, I really would go deaf.

The guy in the center who towered over his friends wore a grin on his face. He seemed to be enjoying the attention he was gaining tremendously. However, the two guys beside him didn’t look as joyous as him. Their faces were glum as they tried to keep up with his pace, but it wasn’t easy as their hands were filled with piles of presents.

“Chanyeol, can you just carry some? It’s your presents anyway,” the guy on the right, whom I recognized as Baekhyun, whined. He had been Chanyeol’s best friend ever since I could remember.

Chanyeol’s smile widened and he grabbed a few presents off the top of Baekhyun’s pile.

“Hey, what about me?” The third person didn’t seem satisfied. I also knew him. He was Jongdae, but he preferred it when people called him Chen. There was once when I talked to him and accidentally called him Jongdae, and he never paid attention to me. He had stuck with Chanyeol and Baekhyun since he transferred to this school two years ago.

“Carry it yourself,” Baekhyun smirked at him.

Chen rolled his eyes and tried to balance the pile of presents that was toppling over, but failed miserably. The presents tumbled onto the floor.

I winced in pain when one of the presents hit me right in my face.

“I’m sorry!” Chen looked extremely guilty as he apologized. He bent down and began to pick up the presents in an amazing speed.

“It’s alright.” I replied. I bent down and helped him with the presents as I knew that he couldn’t finish picking them up by himself. The amount of presents clearly showed how high Chanyeol’s reputation was in school.

“That’s all.” I said as I placed the last present on top of the newly formed pile of presents.

“Chen, are you alright?” Baekhyun who appeared from nowhere asked as he rushed over. Chanyeol followed him over.

“How kind of you to ask. You should have helped me just now,” Chen rolled his eyes, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Baekhyun’s face instantly filled with guilt. “I didn’t notice you just now, so…” 

“Nevermind, let’s go.” Chen told him before turning to me and smiled. “Thanks for helping me.”

I just smiled and nodded at him in return.

Before the trio left, Chanyeol managed to flash me a smile. He had a toothy smile which he flashed everywhere as he was quite proud of it.

“Oh my God, did he just smile at you?!” Sooyoung looked overwhelmed. “You are so lucky!”

“Calm down, it’s just a smile,” I couldn’t help rolling my eyes. I hate it when someone went crazy over Chanyeol and his friends. But I know I couldn’t blame them; it wasn’t they fault anyways. Chanyeol and his friends were like the Kings of the school. Almost every female swooned over them and worshipped the grounds they walked on.

Except me.

But that was not the truth though; I had to admit that I almost died of a heart attack when Chanyeol smiled at me just now, but I knew that I had to keep it in.

I had a major crush on Chanyeol since two years ago, but I did not want to show it. I kept it as my secret and acted cool, pretending that I was not interested in them, although it was the entire opposite inside.

“I still can’t believe that you have no interest in them,” Eunji sighed.

I tried my best to suppress the smile that was threatening to climb up my face. “You have to learn to accept the truth.” I told them, keeping on a straight face.

Sooyoung and Eunji just sighed in frustration as we made our way to our respective classes.

 

The school hours ended in the blink of an eye. Sooyoung and Eunji had suggested coming over to my house to hangout, but I declined their offer.

They shot me curious glances.

“Why?” Eunji asked. She was always the curious one.

“I’ve something else to do this afternoon so I will not be at home,” I tried my best to smile naturally. I felt a bit bad for lying to them, but I really couldn’t help it.

“What a pity, we’re thinking about going out for a drink with you after that.” Sooyoung pulled a long face.

“I’m sorry,” I said apologeticly. “Maybe next time? I really need to go now.”

“See you tomorrow.” Eunji told me and gave me a final wave before departing with Sooyoung.

I smiled at myself as I watched they disappeared from my view. After they left, agitation took place in my heart as I walked back home with the fastest speed I could.

I unlocked the main door of my family’s apartment. “I’m home.” I called out as I took off my shoes.

“Mum and Dad are out,” Instead of my parent’s voice, I was greeted by another voice instead. I looked up and saw my little brother, Sehun.

I nodded, indicating that I understand. Then I made my way towards my room. I took out a key and unlocked the door.

“Noona, why are you always locking your door?” Sehun asked, curiosity filling his face.

“So that you won’t come in and disturb my privacy.” I replied simply. But I know clearly that it was not the truth.

“Alright…” Sehun still had a curious look on his face as he glanced at the door of my room. He must be wondering what was lurking inside. It was normal as no one else had ever stepped into my room since two years ago. But Sehun was quite intelligent and I knew that I could not disdain him.

Although Sehun was still at a young age, he was quite intelligent. He had tried to break into my room once when I was not at home by using a hairpin to pick at my lock. It was lucky that I caught him in time. If not, God knows what will happen if he discovered what was in my room. I would probably be a mental hospital right now.

I entered my room hastily and slammed the door shut, not forgetting to lock it behind me. A smile crept up my face as I dug my ‘game prize’ - a few photos - out of my school bag. I observed them closely, the smile still etched on my face.

The smile on my face grew wider as I each and every of the photos. I took ten pins from a container on the top of my table and used them to stick the photos onto a board on my wall.

After I had done that, I stepped a few steps backwards and admired my work in satisfaction. The four walls of my room were filled with photos. Three of them were already full with photos and I was currently filling up the fourth wall. These were my hard works for two years straight. 

Each of the photos was of Chanyeol. I had spent a lot of time and energy on this, from finding out all about him and taking pictures of him whenever I could to following him around and finding out what he was up to. Thus, I knew almost everything that he did.

If others find out, they may call me a stalker, a stalker who was too obsessed with Chanyeol. However, I wouldn’t deny it. And I wouldn’t care.

Being Chanyeol’s stalker was like my second job besides from being a student. It was my secret job which no one knew about, because I masked myself too cleverly. Others thought me as an ordinary person but in fact I was not.

My thoughts returned to the moment when Chanyeol smiled at me.

I smiled.

All that mattered to me was Chanyeol.

Only Chanyeol.


Here's the first chapter ever! 

Btw, thanks to those who suscribed!! ^^