Moving in together & a home run. [unedited]

Married Over Night [editing]

This is a double update so go back to chapter 7 if you haven't stopped by yet.

Done reading? Great, then let's get started!!


Donghae let out an indefinable noise as he threw his body onto the white couch and buried his face into the fluffy cushion. His arms felt sore, his feet were numb and all he wanted to do was to sleep for the next five centuries.

"Feeling rather comfortable there, eh? And I had worries you might become homesick," a voice spoke up, the teasing undertone clearly not going unnoticed by the brunette.

Donghae however felt too tired to let alone utter a word so he only grunted in response which made him earn a snort.

"You can't possibly be that exhausted by just carrying a few boxes, can you? I did most of the work anyway," Hyukjae pointed out but the latter decided to play dead man and let the statement fall onto deaf ears. "Stamina obviously isn't your strong point I see," the raven-head mumbled more to himself, sighing when he heaved the last moving carton from the ground and carried it into the bedroom.

He then opened and started emptying it, sorting some of Donghae's stuff into a drawer and arranging the rest next to his own stuff on the desk.

Once done, he glanced through his now completely filled room and smiled in satisfaction.

"Everything is finally set!" he cheered as he walked back into the living-room, flopping down next to Donghae who groaned from the movement. "No one will ever be able to tell you only moved in today, your mother for sure will think it's been months," Hyukjae remarked proudly only to pout when there was no reaction from the younger. "Yah, Lee Donghae! Wakey wakey!" he yelled and slapped the said male across the back.

"You annoying bastard, let me sleep!" Donghae wailed, rolling over to open his eyes and glare daggers at the elder.

"Sorry, no can do. I'm hungry."

"Then go and eat something!" the brunette exclaimed and flug his arms into the air.

"Aren't you hungry, too?" Hyukjae asked and before Donghae could reply his stomach cried like a whale, causing his face to flush red from embarrassment. "Ah-ha! See? You indeed are! Come on, get up and let us cook dinner," the raven-head grinned, poking the younger's belly and making his way into the kitchen.

"!" Donghae called after him. "And you!" he then pointed at his stomach. "That was totally uncalled for!" he scoled his own body, sulking while jumping onto his feet and shuffling into the other room where Hyukjae already prepared various ingredients.

"Kimchi Stew sounds fine to you?" 

"More than fine actually," Donghae confessed goofily and planted himself on the counter.

"You're not planning to help me, are you?" Hyukjae pointed out after glancing over his shoulder.

"Nope, not really."

"Should've thought so."

"What can I say? Cooking isn't one of my strengths."

"Yeah, it's even worse than your stamina."

"Hey!" Donghae puffed his cheeks and Hyukjae chuckled.

"Seriously though, just how do you survive?" the elder questioned, the latter humming in thought before answering.

"Food delivery or eating outside from home? Kyuhyun also comes by every now and then to make sure I get some 'real food' as he likes to call it."

"Mhm, Kyuhyun," Hyukjae pondered, nodding absentmindedly.

"Yo, Hyuk, I think the oil heated up," Donghae informed, him snapping back to his task and carefully filling the pot with chopped kimchi and some juice. "You know, my mom really likes stews. Maybe you can make one when she's here," the brunette randomly stated and watched how the other added sliced onions, hot pepper paste, green onions, and tuna to the kimchi.

"Yeah, sure, I can do that," Hyukjae agreed. "Does she have anything else she likes?" 

"Fish!" Donghae immediately replied. "Fish is her absolute favorite and mine, too" he snickered, making the latter turn around and give him a knowing smile.

"Then we definitely will have fish this week."

The brunette childishly cheered at this comment, dangling his legs happily through the air only to end up kicking Hyukjae's thigh. The elder scowled and reached over to him to smack his head instead, turning back to the stove while ignoring Donghae's protests.

The pot sizzled loudly when Hyukjae poured water over the fried ingredients until they were submerged and placed a lid on top to let everything boil. He then rested his hip against the shelve, crossed his arms over his chest and watched his secretary for a moment.

"What?" Donghae squinted, wrinkling his nose.

"I just remembered that my mother wants to go shopping with you," he answered and the latter cocked an eyebrow.

"Your mother? With me? Shopping?" the brunette wondered in disbelief. "I might as well jump straight out of the window."

"Hey, it won't be that bad. You two get along pretty well after all," Hyukjae reassured him. "You had a rough start and I honestly thought my mother would've killed you after your outburst but since then she seems to adore you quite a lot."

"Can't say the same about her, I still think she's horrible," Donghae scoffed but earned a glare. "No offence, by the way" he added with a grin.

"Oh surely not," Hyukjae snorted in sarcasm.

After waiting for twenty minutes, some spiky remarks and Donghae may or may not kicking Hyukjae a few more times ("Oopsy." "You did that on purpose!"), the stew finally was done and the two males settled down to devour their food.

Once dinner was eaten and they got over a fight of who had to clean up ("I cooked so you can wash the dishes!" "No way, I didn't get anything dirty so you're the one who has to clean!"), they watched a movie together before deciding to hit the sack.

Hyukjae cuddled into his blanket while trying to get comfortable on the couch, shifting here and there until he found a good position.

"Are you sure it's okay if I sleep in your bed?" Donghae asked quietly, leaning against the doorframe and watching the elder flip around.

"Of course it is. I'm a gentleman after all," Hyukjae replied through a grin.

"Alright then. Good night," the brunette chuckled and switched off the lights.

"Night and sleep well, Wifey."

Donghae rolled his eyes at the nickname and left the room for good, laying onto the comfy mattress and snuggling his head deep into the pillow which smelled like Hyukjae.

Just like the blanket.

Or everything else within the bed.

And Donghae would have to lie to say he disliked the scent.
 



It was a sunny morning with birds chirping beautiful melodies and Donghae grimaced painfully as he stood in front of the wardrobe.

Seeing his clothes neatly arranged next to Hyukjae's surely was an odd view. 

He wasn't sure if he could ever get used it.

Or this whole marriage to begin with.

Wasn't this going a little too far now?

But then again it was marriage, right?

Groaing and ruffling his hair in frustration, Donghae grabbed a random shirt from the pile and threw it over his head. 

Complicated thoughts clearly weren't the nicest things after waking up.

The brunette waddled out of the bedroom into the kitchen where Hyukjae greeted him with a waving spatula while easily flipping a pancake through the air and catching it with the pan.

"Err... Morning?" Donghae pondered, not knowing what to make out of the situation.

"Go and sit, I'm almost done," the elder simply replied and Donghae could only nod as he went to take a seat at the table. "Did you sleep well?" 

"Yeah. I guess. You?" 

"Except that my neck feels like snapping off every second, pretty good," Hyukjae laughed but the younger frowned as guiltiness built inside of him.

"I told you it's not healthy to sleep on the couch. You could've at least used your guestroom," Donghae mumbled, the other giving him a blinding smile while placing two plates and a tray with pancakes on the table.

"Nah, eventually it's not that bad. Just wanted to guilt trip you," the raven-head confessed.

"Worked damn well, ," the latter narrowed his eyes on him.

"Good," Hyukjae chimed and once he sat down he received a kick against his shin. "Feisty as ever, Lee Donghae."

"Just for good measure, you know?" the said male smiled innocently.

"I know better than anyone else."

After breakfast the bickering couple went after their morning routines to get ready for work and met again at the frontdoor, Hyukjae shoving a whining brunette into the hallway and locking his apartment.

Together they took the elevator down to the parking ramp and once the businessman found his sparkling Audi, he hauled Donghae onto the passenger seat and drove off before the younger could run away.

Sulking, Donghae buried his back into the rest and crossed his arms while glaring at the road in front of them.

"Do you really have make such a gloomy face?" Hyukjae glanced at him and shook his head with a sigh.

"Well excuse you, but you practically kidnapped me!" the brunette exclaimed.

"I'm only being nice. Be happy I'm giving your a ride since I could've just let you take the bus."

"That's excatly what I wanted, you dimwit!"

"Oh because the bus is so much better than a car?"

"No, because you aren't in there and I peacefully can go to work. Now everyone will gawk at us as if we're some kind of zoo animals!"

"Then let them look, it's not like we're doing something wrong. Since when did you care about others anyway?" Hyukjae snapped and the younger went silent, a faint blush striking his cheeks.

Thanking the heavens when the traffic light flashed red, Hyukjae halted the car and turned to face Donghae with a small smile. 

"Hey, there. I know what you're thinking and believe me this is new to me, too, but we've got this," he encouraged the younger. "Let others stare as much as they want, they're ers anyway and don't deserve to be on your mind all the time," he added, making Donghae peek at him.

"If you say so," the brunette mumbled and brought his lips into a thin line.

"Yes, I do. Now stop worrying, hmm?" Hyukjae's smile widened when Donghae gave him a coy nod and he couldn't help but to pinch one of the rosy cheeks. "Good boy," he praised cheekily, turning back to the front when the lights changed to green.

Arriving at the company, Hyukjae rested a flashy pair of sunglasses on the bridge of his nose before he heaved his body out of the car and being the gentleman he was, he had to worsen the situation with cooly walking to the other side and opening the door for Donghae.

The brunette could only stare at him in disbelief, wondering if the elder was bat crazy.

"What?" Hyukjae cocked an eyebrow and stemmed his hands onto his hips, leaning down to face other. "Am I that charming?" he teased with a wide grin.

"My ing face you are," Donghae sneered and kicked the raven head out of his way.

"Mother of- Are you bipolar or something?" the businessman hissed, rubbing his aching limbs while the younger gave him a mocking smile and threw the car door shut.

"Nope, it's just that you bring out the best of me," Donghae chortled. "Now, what are you waiting for? Wanna be late?" he asked, casually tucked a strand of hair behind his ear and stalked off.

"Rude little ," Hyukjae muttered darkly, following his secretary and sneaking an arm around the shorter one's waist who almost jumped from the sudden contact. "Payback, . Don't back out or it will seem suspicious," the raven head whispered but Donghae pushed him away though which led even more attention on them.

" off, we're at work," the brunette grunted, watching Hyukjae ridiculously stumbling around until he catched his balance again.

"Someone should lock you up," the elder huffed and smoothly corrected the sunglasses on his nose.

"Yeah, since I'm a y beast," Donghae snorted, seductively wiggling his brows. "Rawrr."

"Cocky bastard," Hyukjae stifled a laughter.

"Get a room!" a voice shouted out of the blue, the two addressed males looking behind and meeting the gaze of a smirking Kyuhyun.

"Shut the hell up or I will poison your food, Cho!" Donghae yelled back, flipping his friend the bird and getting a hold of Hyukjae to drag him into the company building. 

"That wasn't very professional. We're at work, remember?" the elder pointed out teasingly only to receive a swat across his back.

"Shush there," Donghae snarled as he send a hard glare to a groub of female employees that grinned knowingly in their direction, him wanting to crawl into a hole and stay there until he turned into a unhuman creature so no body would be able to recognize him ever again.
 



"You're such a sweetheart, Hyukjae. I really can't thank you enough for paying our depts. Please take care of my Donghae from now on, okay? You know, he sometimes can be a real but inwardly he isn't that strong so be careful not to hurt him. Oh and he has a terrible habit of only eating take-out food so make sure you cook for him every now and then, hmm? But what I wanted to tell you the whole time already is that you're just so good looking. Did you ever consider becoming a model? God, your parents must be so proud of you! And- oh sweet Jesus, will you like at this? I'm totally rambling again. I'm really sorry, it's just that I'm so nervous to meet you and-"

"Mom," Donghae sighed for the nth time that day, "get some air, will you?"

Baffled, Hyukjae watched the elderly woman who apparently was his mother-in-law squirm within her seat and giggle like a high school girl.

"Sorry," she mumbled almost coyly.

"It's okay but you have to calm down," Donghae reassured her, looking at the dumbfounded raven head beside him and encouragingly patting his shoulder. "This will be over soon. She just needs to settle her feels," he whispered and Hyukjae gave him a blank stare.

"Her... feels?"

"Yeah, you know, overwhelming emotions—feelings as in the feels.

"I'm not sure if I understand."

"Never heard of fangirls? Shipping?"

"I'm lost."

"You're not even that old, just what do you do in your free time?"

"Working?"

"How lame."

"It's not as boring as is sounds," Hyukjae huffed in offence, the younger giving him a mocking smile.

"Yeah, right."

"That's the truth!"

"Denial~"

"I'm telling you-"

"Umm, guys? I'm still here so if you don't want me to explode from feels you should stop the flirting," Mrs. Lee interrupted their bickering, Donghae palming his face with embarrassment. 

"We're not flirting, mom," he groaned.

"My eyes say otherwise," she snickered, winking at Hyukjae who awkwardly cleared his throat. "Anyway, I'm hungry. When do I get food?" she then inquired in anticipation.

"If I start now in about twenty minutes?" Hyukjae replied and the woman clapped her hands together.

"Wonderful! Donghae dear, help your husband in the kitchen, will you? In the meantime I will go and take look around," she chirped, hopped onto her feet and dashed into the next room as if she has been waiting for this moment her whole life.

"I'm slightly scared,"  Hyukjae confessed.

"You're not the only one," Donghae agreed, chuckling unsurely.

While preparing dinner together (or more like Hyukjae actually cooking and Donghae dumbly standing next to him wondering how cut a pineapple) the latter's mother snooped through every possible room or cupboard, deleting the word 'privacy' entirely out of her inner dictionary.

"Donghae sweety, I didn't knew you still had this shirt. I gave up searching for it like years ago" Mrs. Lee huffed as she came into the kitchen and held a baby blue shirt in her hand, raising an eyebrow and demanding an answer from her son.

"T-this was y-yours?" Donghae stuttered sheepishly.

"Yeah, I lend it to you for your date with Siwon, remember?" she remarked.

"Oh, right," the brunette mused. "Well if you want it back you can take it with you when you go home?"

"Nah, it's not that pretty either way. You can keep it," Mrs. Lee chimed and gave him a sweet smile before leaving again.

The boiling water on the stove was the only sound for a moment, Donghae not having to look at Hyukjae to know what he was thinking which made him feel like falling into a black hole all the more.

"You can let it out, you know?" he mumbled, a great blush striking his cheeks as the other broke into a fit of laughter.

"Why the hell were you wearing your mother's clothes on a date?" Hyukjae almost cried and had to support his shaking body on the counter.

"I was eighteen and in a crises, okay?" Donghae tried to defend himself.

"Then can I ask what happened to the Siwon guy?" the raven head inquired only to make the younger whine.

"Don't even start this!"

"Oww, come on. Now I'm really curious," Hyukjae pouted, the brunette flicking his forehead and commenting how he looked nowhere cute like that. "Please?"

"Fine. In short; I tripped over a chair as he took me to a restaurant, he tried to catch me, like walruses we landed on the table of a couple who just ordered their desserts—flambéed raspberries. He burned his back, I broke my left arm and he never wanted to see me again," Donghae explained and yet again Hyukjae was a laughing mess.

"No ing way! How can this be real?" he hysterically guffawed.

"Believe me, I wish it wasn't," Donghae sighed at the disastrous memory.

"If you would pull such a stunt on a date with me I would marry you all over again," Hyukjae cackled and the younger glared darkly at him.

"In your dreams, dip."
 



With a sigh Hyukjae settled down next to Donghae who held a bunch of snacks and a huge container of coke (two straws ahem) on his lap, grinning so widely that it almost ripped his head in two.

"Are you sure you will be able to eat all of this?" the raven head chuckled and Donghae shrugged.

"Nah, even if I don't Henry is like a freaking vacuum cleaner," the brunette replied, laughing when the said boy leaned over Kyuhyun to give them a thumbs-up.

"Damn straight! Nothing will go to waste thanks to my stomach," the rookie secretary confirmed.

"ing wonderful. Now, get outta my sphere of privacy, you little ," Kyuhyun snarled and placed his palm across the younger's face to push him back into his seat.

"You're spoiling the mood, grumpy ," Henry hissed.

"And you give me headache, overexcited kid," the blonde retorted.

"How about you two shut the hell up and just watch the cheerleader performance?" Sungmin who sat next to Henry hushed them down.

"How about you burn that hideous Jang Won Sam sign and stop embarrassing us?" Kyuhyun shot back.

"Leave me alone, you know I'm a big fan!" the latter defended himself.

"Pcht. Fan, my . You're a ing stan."

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm no-"

"Jesus Christ, keep it down!" Donghae butted in, rolling his eyes in pure annoyance.

"Keep it down yourself, Lee Donghae," Henry sneered which made Kyuhyun snort.

"What a lame comeback was that?"

" you, Cho!"

"Lame~"

"I swear to god, if you don't stop in the next second I will take my invitation back and kick your sorry asses out of here," Sungmin warned with a dark expression.

"Well come at me, bro," Kyuhyun wiggled his eyebrows, shrieking however when the other flung an arm over Henry to grab his collar and shake him like a fruit tree.

"You disrespectful brat, I will teach you a lesson!" he barked.

"Don't kill him, Hyung! Here are too many witnesses!" Henry screeched frantically.

"Yah! Yah! Guys!" Donghae panicky tried to pry Kyuhyun out of the elder's claws while Henry pulled on Sungmin's shirt to hold him back.

Hyukjae on the other hand could only watch the scene in stun, not having been aware that his employees had this side on them.

But then again they were friends with Donghae.

Feeling somewhat out of place, Hyukjae adjusted the cap on his head in hope nobody would recognized him and cleared his throat to signal the fighting males that people began staring.

His attempt to earn attention obviously failed.

"I can't believe it always ends up like this when we're out! Can't you get yourself together for once?" Donghae exclaimed once Kyuhyun was freed, blowing his bangs out of his face which Hyukjae carefully brought back into place.

"It's not my fault that Kyuhyun is such a douche," Sungmin sulked like a scoled child.

"Why are you only addressing me? Henry is annoying, too!" the blonde huffed.

"Hey, I'm not-"

"Guys," Hyukjae decided to speak up and the bickering stopped at once. "Just, you know, enjoy the afternoon and try to keep it down, okay?" he said, the three males nodding and instantly sitting up straight.

"Yes, Sir!" Henry even saluted which earned him a nudge into the ribs by Sungmin.

"How did you do this?" Donghae whispered as he leaned close to the raven head, looking up to him as if he would be some kind of god.

"The power of leadership?" Hyukjae randomly guessed.

"From now one you have to join us to everywhere," the younger grinned admiringly.

"Now that's a risky requirement, Lee Donghae." 

"I don't care, as long as they will stay peaceful I will even sell my soul."

"What soul?" Hyukjae remarked, laughing.

"Humm, right. I never had one to begin with," Donghae played along and tapped his chin in thought. "Maybe I will give away a few organs then."

"Very smart idea," the elder snorted.

"Oh well, whatever. I have you," the latter chirped. "Ah, by the way, before I forget it. I told Kyu about us," he added, subtly retreating his gaze from his boss to the front.

"You're really- Wait, what? You told him!?" Hyukjae whisper-shouted, Donghae looking around them with alarmed eyes before settling them back on the other.

"Why not grab a megaphone and repeat that so everyone will know?" he growled. "I just can't keep a secret from him, okay?" he guilty admitted.

"But that's still no reason to simply spill everything out. What if he tells someone?" the raven head hissed.

"I've known him all my life, of course he won't do that. We can trust him," Donghae promised firmly.

"Yo love birdies, the game began already," Kyuhyun butted in, his grin faltering a bit when Hyukjae stared at him with narrowed eyes. "Why is he gawking at me like this?" he asked with an unsure frown.

"I will keep an eye on you, Cho," the elder mumbled and Kyuhyun raised his hands in surrender.

"Umm, okay, sure? Whatever you want, boss?" the blonde replied confused which made Donghae cackle and place a hand on both their shoulders.

"I should have done this way sooner," he sang to himself. "Oh look, No Sung Ho is out!" he then exclaimed, snapping Kyuhyun's and Hyukjae's attention onto the field and successfully making them forget the current topic. 

The whole stadium was engrossed into the game—players hitting balls far over the field and running from base to base, fans cheering and dancing to the catchy music between the different innings.

Sungmin once almost fell out of his seat when his favorite player scored a rather unexpected home run, him screaming so loudly that the people behind and in front of him flinched and Henry having to help him breath normally before he would've hyperventilated.

Reaching the 7th inning, the Samsung Lions were in the lead by two more scores and people were going crazy, repeatedly chanting 'JANG WON SAM HOM-E RUN!' while bashing their thundersticks togther in fully enthusiasm.

"In the name of love, I now would like everyone to participate in our sweet project!" the announcer then rejoiced, music changing from fast to slower beats.

Sixpence None The Richer—Kiss Me.

As if the music hadn't been a giveaway already, a pink frame surrounded by hearts appeared on the screen while the camera zoomed onto the audience.

"Nawwwn, so sweet!" Sungmin squealed when the first couple got picked and the boy placed a sweet peck on his girlfriend's lips.

"Yeah, so sweet," Kyuhyun chimed, sending a sly grin to his right where Donghae and Hyukjae exchanged a small look.

Kiss cam.

Well .


*casually drops the chapter here*  ...yes, love me for this~ *exaggerated wink and awkward heart*