Prologue.

Married Over Night [editing]

"," Donghae muttered darkly as the door to his office fell shut, throwing the files his boss had handed him across the table knowing they would kill his weekend plans yet again.

Oh, how he hated this man — no, he absolutely loathed him.

Lee Hyukjae, the chief executive officer of Sapphire Company, was a highly respected and admired person within their society. Smart, good-looking, kind and humble. Added to that he was the son of one of South Korea's biggest businessman. And Donghae had the great honour of being his secretary. At least that was what everyone thought.

Donghae knew better though. In the years he had been working for Lee Hyukjae he learned all about the latter's irks and quirks. He was smart and good-looking, Donghae admittedly had to give him that. Kind and humble? Not so much. It was no secret within their company that Lee Hyukjae had a terrible temper and had the tendency to yell at everyone and everything that came amiss. Also, he was an arrogant rich flirt.

Donghae always felt like throwing up at each faked smile or insincere flattery that was directed at his boss who had no idea what really happened behind his back (pointless gossip and nasty rumours to say the least). Not that Donghae felt sorry for him, the narcissist deserved it for his rude attitude, but it were the other people pretending to be nice that had Donghae in rage.

"Hey, Donghae?" a voice interrupted his thoughts, his co-worker peeking into his office.

"Yeah?" he answered, giving the other a toothless smile.

"The boss called for you," Kyuhyun replied.

"What now?" Donghae groaned, his friend chuckling.

"I'm not sure but it seemed pretty urgent so..."

"Fine, I'm on my way!" Donghae exclaimed in surrender and jumped onto his feet, slipping past Kyuhyun.

Cursing under his breath, Donghae headed to Lee Hyukjae's office and once in, he closed the door with a tad more force than needed which made the latter jump within his seat. Donghae had to hide a grin.

"You called?" he said flatly.

"Indeed," Hyukjae grunted, sparing him a glance and motioning for him to sit down. 

"So what's this urgent matter?" Donghae tried not to sound sarcastic. It didn't work. 

Hyukjae's expression hardened. "I don't like your tone, you know?"

"I guess everyone would be quiet annoyed when just a minute ago their boss was in their office to give them a load of work and then he calls them in for an urgent matter, no?" Donghae remarked and he could swear he saw the corner of Hyukjae's lips twitch into a smirk.

Ignoring him though, Hyukjae turned to grab a folder and placed it with a loud smacking noise in front of Donghae.

"We got an offer for an investment contract. It's from the US," Hyukjae explained, the other leaning forward to scan the papers.

"And?" Donghae asked.

The latter rolled his eyes and sighed. "And? Pack some of your unfashionable clothes and meet me at the airport. 6AM sharp."

"Are you for real?" Donghae felt a spark of excitement within his chest.

"You think I would waste my time to joke around with you?"

"But you really want me to come along?"

Another sigh.

"No, I don't want you to come along. But you're working for me so that's that." Hyukjae said. "Now hurry and leave, I don't want to see your face any longer."

Donghae's beam fell into a scowl. "Yes, yes, I'm leaving."

"Oh and Donghae?" Hyukjae called after him as he was about to exit the office. "It would be nice if you could freshen up your English skills overnight since you're in a sore need of it," he added without even looking at him, the invisible dust on his table being oh so interesting.

Donghae clenched the fists and pressed his lips into a thin line, inwardly telling himself to stay calm. Hyukjae was messing with him again. They both knew that Donghae was a university graduate with outstanding marks.

Donghae forced a smile, "but of course, Mr Lee."

"Good," the latter had a satisfied grin on his face, "then you may leave."

The secretary left the room within a second, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"I hate you so much, you prick. I can't believe a human being could ever be that narcissistic and loathsome. God, I just want to suffocate you, chop your body into little pieces and feed you to my piranhas that I'm going to buy just for them to eat you. Then I will burn them, with you in their stomachs, and I spread your ash over the ocean so I will get rid of you forever!"