Let the nightmare begin.

Married Over Night [editing]

 25+ subscribers already? Pals you're crazy, thank you so much!♥


"Tell me that's a joke. I'm not going on a plane with you like that," Hyukjae said in a state of shock, eyeing Donghae from head to toe.

"What? Don't you think it's pretty?" the other frowned, looking down to himself and smoothing out the fabric of his neon yellow shirt which was a horrible combination to the pink and green flower trunks he was wearing (the big camera around his neck accomplishing the so-called Asian tourist clichés all the more).

"Pretty?" Hyukjae almost guffawed. "You look as if you had a severe accident with a paint pot."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm serious, never in my life I've seen such a hideous outfit."

"We're nice as ever, I see," Donghae said crossly. "You should work on your communication skills, you know?"

Hyukjae rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Now, please, go change into something normal. My eyes are about to fall out of their sockets."

Donghae narrowed his eyes on him as he slammed his suitcase onto the asphalt and roughly opened it to pull out a new pair of pants and a white v-neck shirt.

"I'll be back in a minute," he muttered and disappeared into the direction of the restrooms.

"Mr Lee," a man in a smart, black suit approached Hyukjae. "Your plane departs soon, please be ready."

"Sure," the businessman nodded in understanding. "We'll wait for my secretary and then we can go. Oh and," he lightly kicked Donghae's suitcase, "this comes with us."

"Understood," the man bowed politely.

Boarding the plane a while after, Hyukjae fell into the comfortable leather seat and instantly grabbed his tablet to check his missed notifications.

"Oh joy, mother wrote me," he snorted to himself.

He skimmed through the what seemed to be an endlessly long mail, his mother writing about her time in a foreign country and telling him about his father's newest achievements and, of course, fretting over him to get married as soon as possible.

It was always the same.

Hyukjae deleted the mail with a shrug of his shoulders, not caring that his mother was probably going to throw a fit that he didn't message her back. Activating the keylock, he threw the device aside and leaned back to relax into the seat, closing his eyes and letting the silence linger around him.

His moment of peace didn't last long though, heavy steps approaching him and a voice sputtering non-family-friendly words. Hyukjae didn't have to guess twice of whom they belonged to. Soon enough, Donghae was there and threw himself next to Hyukjae while panting and wheezing like a rhinoceros.

"I see you've changed?" Hyukjae remarked, only sparing a glance towards the other who gave him a dark glare.

"If you have two well functioning eyes—yes, you would see I did," Donghae huffed. "Do you have any idea how gross those public toilets are? I can't believe how disgusting humans can be."

"Will you stop whining?" Hyukjae sighed, feeling a headache coming.

"You try changing in one of these tiny cabins. See this?" he held his elbows into the latter's face, Hyukjae backing away from the sudden attack. "I even got bruises for bumping against the walls the damn whole time!"

"So? Expect me to kiss them better or what?" Hyukjae deadpanned. 

Donghae looked at him as if he had grown a second head. "No!"

"Then your point in all this fuss is?" the other eyed him questioningly.

Donghae wrinkled his nose.

"Well... just- just be nicer to me!" he exclaimed.

Hyukjae shook his head in disbelief and turned away, closing his eyes again. 

"It's going to be a long flight, keep your mouth shut and just sleep."

 


 

"Holy crap, will you just look at this!? That's the stratosphere of Las Vegas!" Donghae screeched, slapping Hyukjae's arm for the nth time that day and pointing to the said tower that reached up far into the sky.

"For 's sake, keep your hands on the steering wheel!" Hyukjae shouted in horror, grabbing the other's palms to place them back on the handlebar.

Only twenty minutes they had been driving, being on their way to the hotel they would stay at, and Hyukjae had to face death more than he did in his whole life before. It was a terrible mistake to let the secretary drive, given by the way he got distracted by literally everything ("That's a pigeon, Donghae." "It's an American pidgeon.").

Though Hyukjae should have realized that the other was emotionally unstable as soon as they walked through the doors of the McCarran airport where Donghae almost started ugly crying as he was overwhelmed by the blazing sign that greeted them with Welcome to Las Vegas.

After getting lost on the unfamiliar streets a few times, Donghae eventually stopped the car in front of a large building, surrounded by beautiful fountains and fancy looking lanterns. Donghae stuck his head through the car window. 

"I think we're here now," he pointed out the obvious.

"No ," Hyukjae snorted and swung the door opened to jump onto his feet.

 "Welcome to the Wellagio Hotel, Gentlemen. May I help you to park your car?" a young western boy in uniform greeted them. 

"Sure, thanks," Hyukjae thanked him with a grin and a wink.

The boy looked uncomfortably flustered. Donghae disapprovingly shook his head, handing the valet the car keys before following Hyukjae into the hotel.

"You disgust me."

Hyukjae send him a glance over his shoulder, chuckling.

"I just want him to be careful with my precious car," he reasoned.

Donghae scoffed, "if it were me I would have crashed it into the nearest tree."

Hyukjae ignored him and headed to the reception, leaning against the counter and flashing a big smile at the front desk girl.

"Unbelievable," Donghae muttered darkly and took his eyes off the sickening sight, gazing around the lobby and its tiled floors, amazingly designed walls and colourful glass-flowers at the ceiling. He suddenly felt giddy again. He really was in Las freaking Vegas.

"You look like you're about to brutally murder someone with that creepy smile of yours," he heard Hyukjae say from behind.

Donghae turned to him, "you better watch out then."

"Ha ha ha," the latter feigned laughter.

Donghae mimicked him mockingly before dropping his smile and holding his hand out, "gimme the key."

"Why in such a hurry?" Hyukjae asked amused, placing a key in his palm.

"Because you're ruining my mood."

"Me? Ruining your mood? I'm the greatest person to be around with," he boasted, Donghae sparing him a glance.

"Is that why you feel the need to shamelessly flirt with everything on two legs?"

A huge grin was plastered on Hyukjae's face. "So that's what it's about," he snickered. "You're jealous."

Donghae couldn't help but laugh out loud in disbelief.

"Jealous he said," he whispered to himself. "What a complete nutjob."

"What did you just call me?"

Staring at his boss for a moment, Donghae pushed Hyukjae into the nearest elevator.

"Let's get to our rooms, I can't deal with any more of your nonsense."

"You're being incredibly rude today, you know?" the latter remarked.

"And you're being incredibly douchy today, the air here doesn't seem to be good for you," Donghae retorted.

"That doesn't even make sense."

"You're not making sense."

Hyukjae sighed in surrender, giving up on trying to understand what was going on inside the other's head.

The elevator stopped at their floor and opened with a ping, Donghae being the first one to exit it and immediately dashing through the corridor only to miss the door to the right room in his hurry.

"It's here, you dolt!" Hyukjae called after him.

Spinning around, Donghae straightened his posture and tried to keep a poker face. "Huh, seems like I missed it," he said almost snobbishly.

"You're a hopeless case, really," Hyukjae teased, opening the door to the suite.

"Hush or your existence will turn into a cold case," Donghae scowled and brushed past the latter. "Holy blue dolphins," he gasped, "this is a suite?"

"Fancy, huh?" Hyukjae grinned at the other's excited expression.

"You sure they gave us the right key? Isn't this like the President's room or something?" 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. "Don't be stupid. I would have booked two smaller rooms but they only had this so I took it."

"What?" Donghae froze and slowly turned to him. "We're sharing a room!?"

 


 

"Good morning~"

"Go to hell."

Hyukjae watched Donghae over his newspaper, grinning at the other's appearanceIron Man pyjama pants, hair wildly sticking into every direction and dark circles under his eyes.

"Jet lag?" he guessed.

Donghae grunted in response and planted himself onto the chair in front Hyukjae who raised an eyebrow at the amount of chocolate syrup he poured over his pancakes.

"Just looking at them gives me diabetes," he remarked.

"Leave me alone, will you?" Donghae muttered, vacuuming his plate.

Hyukjae stared for a second, chuckling.

Donghae looked at him, "what?"

Taking a sip of his coffee and laying the newspaper aside, Hyukjae leaned back into the chair. "You're kinda cute when you're mad," he said.

Donghae almost fell off his chair.

"Did you hit your head last night?"

Hyukjae laughed. "I'm just saying. Though we both have our own bedroom and bathroom so I don't really see your problem in sharing a suite."

"You're my problem. I don't want to see your stupid face so early in the morning so why do I have to sit here and eat breakfast with you?"

"Why indeed," Hyukjae chortled. "Who said you have to sit with me? You easily could have taken your plate to your room and eat there."

Donghae wanted to retort but couldn't think of anything so he gaped like a fish on land.

"I think it's about time you admit that you're hopelessly in love with me," the latter said.

Donghae snorted loudly.

"You're insane. Not even in my darkest nightmares," he sneered and threw a napkin at Hyukjae who caught it before it could hit his face.

"I'm ready to accept you at any time," Hyukjae smiled sickeningly sweet.

"You really did hit your head, didn't you? Shall I take you to the hospital?" Donghae deadpanned.

Hyukjae sighed dramatically, "you're ruining our moment here."

"We're not having a moment," the other exclaimed. "I'm taking a shower, your bull is giving me goosebumps."

"Be ready by nine, I'll drive us to the meeting. After yesterday I'm not trusting you with my car nor with my life ever again."

Donghae scoffed.

"Since when did you trust me anyway?"

Hyukjae thought for a moment and nodded.

"True."

 


 

"Cheers!" the mob roared, glasses chinking against another as the alcohol flowed endlessly.

Drunk people were furiously dancing in the middle of the club or fell from their chairs at the bar while loud music boosted through the huge speakers. Hyukjae and Donghae sat in the far corner, slurping tequila by themselves. They both weren't really fond of clubbing but they couldn't possibly turn down the invitation by Mr Stewards who was the CEO of their new investing and partner company.

"Well, at least the contract is done now," Hyukjae said, stretching his neck.

Donghae heaved a breath in agreement and refilled their glasses.

"When do we have to be back?" he asked.

Hyukjae sighed, "in two days. Maybe I should take a few days off and just stay here."

"If only," Donghae smiled at the thought of being able to relax by the pool. 

"There you guys are! I've been searching for you the whole time!"

"Oh, Mr Stewards!" Donghae greeted him with a smile.

"What do you say, will you join us in the next round?" the man patted Hyukjae's shoulder. "I would love to have a drink with you."

Fearing to be rude if he rejected, Hyukjae nodded and grabbed Donghae to drag him along.

 


 

Feeling his throat burning, Donghae snapped his eyes open and sprinted into the bathroom where he bend over the toilet and emptied his stomach. Sinking onto the floor with his back hitting the wall, Donghae massaged his throbbing head and cursed when his every limb hurt by just a little movement.

A hangover. Just great.

Donghae groaned pitifully once he stepped out of the bathroom, holding onto the furniture for support as his legs felt like overcooked noodles. Once he reached the bed he threw himself into it and buried his head under a pillow.

"What the hell," he muttered into the silky fabric of the duvet and squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to remember the past night.

Everything his mind gave him were flashbacks of the contract signing, then in the club while hanging out with his boss until Mr Stewards invited them to some drinking games. The rest was a big question mark that teasingly moonwalked through his blank mind. Again, just great.

Knowing that it was hopeless to try and remember anything further while having a headache, Donghae sighed and crawled over the bed to reach out for the nightstand where he kept a dopp kit. After swallowing a painkiller and half of a water bottle, he slowly felt his nerves calming down.

The sudden sound of his phone caused Donghae to flinch, him having to sweep for the mobile until he eventually found it under the mattress (he started to question his sleeping habits).

"Hello?" he answered, voice still raspy. 

"Hi?"

Donghae frowned at the hesitant reply and took a swift look at the caller ID.

"Hyukjae, why the hell are you calling me?"

"Did you just wake up?"

"Yes, I did."

"Oh."

Donghae drove a hand through his hair and sighed, "seriously, what do you want?"

"Err.. There is a note on the dining table..."

"And?"

"Read it and come down for breakfast."

"What-,"

Hyukjae hung up on him before Donghae could finish his question.

Donghae stared at his phone in disbelief.

"Jackass," he hissed.

His headache forgotten, Donghae rushed out of the bed and angrily stomped into the living room where he grabbed the note from the table.

See me downstairs, we have a lot to talk about. 
PS: leave your sass in the room, I don't want to cause a scene.
PPS: before you look into the mirror, be sure to keep your mouth closed.
PPPS: nice Nemo pyjamas by the way

Donghae crumbled the paper within his fist and threw it on the floor only to crush it underneath his foot, cursing each time he stepped onto it.

"What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. This. . Moron. Prick. Jerk. Narcissist. Doucheface. Cocky Bastard."

Heaving a breath when he kicked the crumpled-up note under the table, Donghae dashed into the bathroom and warily observed himself in front of the mirror. No crazy hair colour or a stupid face tattoo. He had no blue eye or a crooked nose, even his teeth were still in their place. 

His gaze then fell onto his neck.

"OH MY HOLY FISHSTICKS WHAT THE ACTUAL IS THIS!?"