Drunken kisses & a deal.

Married Over Night [editing]

 


Curses were the only words that left his mouth as Donghae stomped through the hotel with heavy steps that could break the marble underneath his feet, eyes flaming with rage that made people part like the Red Sea to let him through.

Reaching the dining area, Donghae scanned the tables with people happily eating their breakfast until his gaze fell onto his target. If he could have fired laser beams with his eyes he would have had shot at this right moment.

Donghae quickly made his way up to the table, stopping in front of a certain man.

"You!" he exclaimed.

"I told you not to bring your sass, didn't I?" Hyukjae sighed, Donghae giving him the hardest glare he could muster. "Fine, just sit down for now. Wanna have some bacon? It's pretty good here."

Donghae felt his eye twitch dangerously.

"Do I look like I could eat right now!? This—Lee Hyukjae—is a god damn hickey on my neck!" he yelled.

Hyukjae looked somewhat surprised and lifted his eyebrows up to the hairline. "You're freaking out because of that? I thought you rather would-,"

"I wasn't done yet!" Donghae snapped. "And this here—you little piece of narcissistic —is a ing ring on my finger!" he pointed to his left hand. 

Hyukjae eyed his secretary with an amused grin, holding up his own left hand and wiggling with the third finger.

"I know, I have the same," he bluntly said, almost bursting into laughter at the other's speechless expression.

Donghae clenched his jaw and fisted his hands into tight balls, steam on the verge of leaving his nostrils when his face reached an unhealthy colour of red.

"I'm going to kill you so painfully that you-,"

"Wow, wow, wow. Calm down for a second here, okay?"

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down? If this sorry--brain of yours didn't get it until now, we are married. Lee Hyukjae, you're my ing husband!" Donghae yelled, the other sighing yet again. 

"Alright, I get that this is really upsetting for you but will you quiet down? And watch your damn tongue, we're in public."

Judging by the stern look, Hyukjae was serious.

Donghae chewed on his lower lip, starting to feel embarrassed under the gazes of the people around them. He felt his rage level sinking and let out a heavy breath, glancing at his boss before he took a seat in front of him.

"Now, that's more like it," Hyukjae praised. "So," he leaned forward to study Donghae's face, "do you remember everything?"

Donghae shook his head.

"No, only shreds. Like booze-cruising through God knows how many clubs or me doing the ing Sprinkler and the Window Wiper on the dance floor. And I think we danced together at some point? The club was called sphere-something."

Hyukjae tried to hide a grin but failed.

"Actually, you also did the Macarena. And the club was called Queersphere."

Donghae's eyes filled with horror.

"What have I done? What have we done?" he sobbed, running his fingers through his hair and exasperatedly looking at Hyukjae who simply stared back.

It was quiet for a moment as they watched another without uttering a word, Donghae slowly narrowing his eyes at the other.

Hyukjae raised a questioning eyebrow as he lifted a glass of orange juice and placed it on his lips.

"Say," Donghae started, "you don't really seem to be affected by all this. Could it be you kind of actually... like me?"

In the next second, there was a choking noise, a (not so manly) shriek which got followed by pitifully wheezing.

"Did you have to spit all over me? It's sticky, you !" Donghae exclaimed and grabbed a napkin to dry his face, glaring at Hyukjae who was coughing from the juice bursting out of his mouth and getting into the wrong pipe.

"Do you have to say something so ridiculous while I'm drinking?" he snapped back after successfully snorting the juice out of his nose.

"I'm only concerned about my own well being, okay?"

"Your well being? What are you even talking about?"

"Well, maybe this whole thing was planned from the beginning, like you getting me drunk to marry me and everything?" Donghae said.

Hyukjae gave him an are-you-ting-me-expression.

"Don't gimme this look, you never know," Donghae tried to reason.

"You're the proof that God has a sense of humour, you know that?" Hyukjae shook his head in disbelief.

"How about you go and buy concrete shoes and take a bath within the Pacific?"

"Great, then I can tell your family what a stupid fish you are."

"You did not just-" Donghae gasped. "Gosh, my life was so much better without you and now I even have you as my husband. Really, who the hell is actually so dumb and would marry me off to you?"

"Donghae, this is Las Vegas what do you expect? All they want is money as if they would care whom they let marry whom or that people are drunk or out of our minds," Hyukjae said.

"I don't care!" Donghae protested and slammed his fist on the table. "Lee Hyukjae, you will follow me after breakfast! We're going to find this ing church and speak with them since I do not accept this marriage!"

Hyukjae sighed. "I don't think they will hear us out."

"Then give them some money! You aren't a rich for nothing, right?"

"It's not that easy. We're married by law, Donghae."

"Lord, why do you have to be so pessimistic?" Donghae groaned, Hyukjae rolling his eyes.

"I'm just being realistic."

"Whatever it may be, you will follow me there. Discussion done," Donghae ended the conversation, quickly standing up to escape into his room and take a long awaited shower.

Hyukjae watched the other walk away, knowing it was pretty much impossible to argue with him once he set his mind on something. He didn't want to leave him in victory though, a grin appearing on his face as he eyed his secretary from head to toe.

"By the way, Donghae!" he called after him, making the other turn around (and pissing off the people around them that were more than done with those two Asian dudes). "They hickey on your neck isn't the only one, maybe you should take a look in a full-length mirror!"

Donghae's expression was priceless.

Hyukjae was literally rofling.

 


 

"So this is it?" Donghae asked warily as he and Hyukjae got out of the latter's car, the desire to burn down the flamboyant pink church instantly bubbling up within him.

Hyukjae guffawed, seeming to enjoy his distress. 

"That you still can laugh about this worries me," Donghae eyed him disapprovingly.

"The imagination of us getting married here is hilarious, don't you think?" Hyukjae clutched his stomach.

"Did you fell down the stairs and hit your head when you were a kid? The hell is wrong with you?" Donghae snapped at him and stalked off into the building. "Hello?" he called out as he looked around, grimacing at the pink decoration all over the place.

Hyukjae came to stand next to him, snorting as he tried to contain his laughter.

"Why hello there!" a high pitched voice greeted them. "Welcome to St. Luv! How can I help you?" the voice continued when a man stepped out of the back room, wearing liturgical clothes—in pink.

"I guess he's the pastor," Donghae deadpanned.

Hyukjae almost lost it.

"Donghae, is that you?" the man then exclaimed in excitement, approaching them and shoving Hyukjae aside to tackle Donghae into a tight hug. "Oh my God, I thought I would never see you again!" he crooned while squeezing the living daylights out of the other.

"Ex-excuse me?" Donghae squeaked, trying to break free from the embrace.

"Yesterday was so much fun with you!" the pastor said happily. "When you said you would come and visit me someday I didn't think it would be so soon!"

"I'm sorry but-" Donghae sighed in despair and tried to wiggle out of the firm hold. "God, Hyukjae! Help me here, will you?"

Hyukjae carefully poked the man's shoulder to gain his attention. When he still didn't let go, Hyukjae forcefully ripped Donghae out of the pastor's hold.

Acting as if nothing had happened, the man giggled. "Oh you," he chortled and pushed Donghae against Hyukjae who held him against his chest to keep him from crashing onto the floor. "So possessive over your sweetheart, aren't you? But don't worry, no need to be jealous! I won't steal him away from you because you're a match made in heaven!"

Donghae and Hyukjae exchanged a long look, Hyukjae's eyes asking the other just what was wrong with this man. Donghae mouthed a too much ecstasy.

"Jesus on earth! Your eye contact is so intense, I can feel pure love surrounding you!" the pastor bursted out.

"Okay, let's calm down here," Hyukjae spoke up. "There is something we'd like to discuss."

"We need a divorce," Donghae said without hesitation.

The pastor gaped at them. "Wha-what? But yesterday you two-"

"Yesterday the two of us were completely wasted and couldn't think straight ...quite literally actually," Hyukjae muttered the last part which earned him a hard glare from Donghae. "Anyway—we need a divorce. This marriage was out of drunkenness and nothing else."

"Well," the man folded his hand in front of his stomach and sadly looked at the ground. "I suppose that's quite the situation you're in right now. But I'm sorry, you can't get a divorce. At least I can't do that here and you do know it takes 60 days after a divorce is filed that a court can finalize it, don't you?" he said.

Hyukjae's gaze went to Donghae who had troubles keeping himself calm.

"But this marriage can't really be lawfully right," Hyukjae tried to argue.

"I think you don't understand, you two are officially married."

"I think you don't understand—I hate him!" Donghae finally snapped. "I have no idea how all this could happen but I won't accept this! This is Las Vegas for God's sake, those kinds of marriages happen all the time so you cannot tell me that this is official!"

The pastor sighed. "Listen, I know this may be a great shock but just think about it. If there weren't any feelings for each other included this idea would have never crossed your minds, right? I can tell that yesterday you were very much in love and I wouldn't have married you off to another if I would have felt that there was hatred between you two."

"I'm going to-"

"-Hold your horses, Lee Donghae." Hyukjae grabbed the other by the hood to keep him away from the pastor who shrank under Donghae's burning gaze.

"Let me go!" the other yelped and struggled against his hold.

"I-I have evi-evidence," the pastor stammered.

"Evidence?" Hyukjae wondered.

The man nodded furiously and handed him his phone.

"Show me," Donghae snatched the phone away and scrolled through the photo folder.

There were serval photos of the pair, sometimes alone and sometimes together while hugging or posing ridiculously. The last picture was the worst though; the pastor in pink showed a peace sign and grinned widely as if he had accomplished a mission (which he kind of did as he successfully yanked out thousands of dollars from Hyukjae's wallet as the latter noticed later on) while he stood next to the kissing couple.

Kissing. Couple. Or more likely the ravishing-each-other's-mouths-couple.

Donghae screamed in horror—Hyukjae choked on nothing.

 


 

"What do we do now?" Donghae groaned and kicked the air in frustration, thrashing around like a fish and killing his curry sausage all over again as he repeatedly stabbed it with his fork.

Hyukjae watched him with a small smile tugging on his lips.

"What's so funny, huh?" Donghae scowled.

"Good thing I took you away from there before you actually could have murdered someone," Hyukjae replied. "The pastor looked like he was about to cry."

"He deserved that. Seriously, who does he think he is? We being what? In love? I get the creeps just thinking about it," Donghae shuddered.

"Not to mention that we have to go back tomorrow," Hyukjae reminded him, Donghae slamming his forehead on the table.

"You not helping," he hissed and rolled his head over to look at the other. "Really, Hyukjae. Can't you do anything about this? I mean you're rich, your father is rich, your whole family is goddammit. Aren't briberies something that happens often in the rich world?"

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. "Your perception of rich people is really shallow, you know that?"

"That's how they always represent them in dramas at least."

"You watch too much TV."

"And you talk too much," Donghae retorted, stuffing a forkful of fries into Hyukjae's mouth to shut him up.

The latter grinned, teasingly wiggling with his eyebrows. "Feeding me, are we? Are you sure you hate me that much?"

"Shut it, er," Donghae glowered before he turned to face the table again, closing his eyes and trying to get a moment of peace. 

Hyukjae leaned back into the chair and let his gaze roam around their surroundings, a smile forming on his lips when he laid his eyes on a building with the sign arcade.

"Say, Donghae?" he spoke up, the latter grunting in response. "When was the last time we had fun together?"

"Are you being a erted creep while implying to last night?"

"No, you dolt! I mean real fun."

"In this case.. Ah! When you fell down the stairs at the Chinese restaurant and broke your arm?"

"That wasn't funny at all."

"Right. It was hilarious."

"Oh shut up and just come with me."

Hyukjae smacked Donghae's shoulder and stood up to leave, the other raising his head to glare at him.

"Where are you going?" Donghae shouted after him.

Hyukjae send him a smile over his shoulder and pointed to the arcade, "to have some fun!"

Donghae heaved a sigh but followed him though.


 

"Donghae, I've been thinking."

"And you're still alive?" Donghae faked a shocked expression, Hyukjae flicking his forehead as he claimed the seat in front of him at the dining table. "Ow," he yelped, rubbing the hurting spot.

"Don't let your attitude towards me become a habit or we have a problem when we're back in the office," Hyukjae said, Donghae grimacing at his words.

"Whatever. So, what you've been thinking about?"

"Well, about this marriage thing," Hyukjae started and awkwardly scratched his neck. "How about we.. put up a little act or something?"

Donghae stared at him for a moment. "What?"

"I know this is coming out of nowhere but do you mind acting as my husband for a while? Or more likely staying my husband."

"Do I mind to- What the hell, Hyukjae? Are you on crack?"

A sigh. 

"Alright, let me explain, " Hyukjae said. "You see, my grandfather left me stocks of the company as an inheritance before he died. But his condition for me being able to come into the inheritance is to get married. That's the reason why my mother tried to marry me off to someone for the past three years and honestly, I'm really tired of her .

"I wouldn't care about it and ignore her if it weren't for the company and its percents going down. With the stocks of my grandfather, I would hold more rights, even more than Douchey McDouchebag Mr Cho has at the moment and instead of dragging the company down like this idiot is doing, I would be able to bring it back up. That's why I thought-"

"-Okay, I get what you're saying," Donghae interrupted him and Hyukjae nervously bit his lower lip. "Let's say I would agree—what's in it for me?"

"Well, your payment would be higher if the company returns to the top place," Hyukjae pointed out. "And don't you still have to pay off your student loan?"

"So basically you want to persuade me with money?" Donghae remarked.

"Only if it's working?" Hyukjae said with an unsure smile.

The latter narrowed his eyes on him. "You rich kids sure are scary. But fine, what about a mortgage?"

Hyukjae nodded, "I will pay that, too."

"You sure? It's quite a lot," Donghae enquired.

"I will pay off all your debts if you stay my husband and act like one—that is the deal."


 

lol I know the reason for them staying married isn't that creative but whatever, at least they're together, right? 

And holy flying cows, guuuuuuys! The hell is wrong with you, 50+ subs!?♥