Unwanted feelings & a super fancy suit. [unedited]

Married Over Night [editing]

The next morning, Hyukjae woke up from a Godzilla roar that caused him a mini heart attack and made him fall out of bed. Fully alarmed, he sat up and gazed through his room until his eyes landed on a certain brunette that was sprawled over the whole mattress. 

He snorted loudly at the younger's position and stood up to wake him, however receiving a swat against his thigh by the leg he just oh so kindly kicked.

"Yah, lazy . Go and take a shower, we have to be down in fifteen minutes," Hyukjae huffed, placing his foot on Donghae's back and shaking him like a fruit tree. "And make this horrible noise stop, it hurts my poor ears."

The brunette flapped around while mumbling some incomprehensible gibberish, slowly cracking his eyes open only to close them again with a whine. The elder sighed at the childish gesture and stepped closer to roll Donghae out of bed, sending him straight into the ground which made the other groan.

Still drowsy with sleep Donghae then scuttled over the carpeted floor on all fours (hit his head against Hyukjae's night table when he crawled too far without looking) and swooped his phone out of his pants pocket to switch off the alarm.

"Who in the world has Godzilla as a freaking buzzer?" Hyukjae scoffed, his neat freak kicking in and him grabbing blanked and pillows to tidily place them onto the mattress.

"Me—obviously," Donghae sleepily pointed out while getting up onto his feet which made his bones crack loudly.

"Someone's getting old, huh?" the elder mocked but the brunette only rolled his eyes and held his open palm out.

Hyukjae eyed him questioningly for a moment and raised an eyebrow when the other sniffed in annoyance.

"Gimme some spare clothes," he deadpanned, both Hyukjae's brows disappearing behind his hairline.

"Didn't you bring any?"

"I did but I would love to wear yours, having your stench with me the whole time."

"The only thing I can smell right now is sarcasm."

"Well duh."

"So you really forgot?"

"What do you think? Now gimme or do you want me to walk around ?"

"Actually-"

"Oh shut up, you ert!"

"Fine, fine, you win," Hyukjae laughed hearty, stepping into his walk-in closet and picking some clothes for the younger. "There you go," he then returned and handed them to Donghae who blew him an exaggerated kiss and left the room.

Once they were done with their morning routines, the couple went downstairs where Mr. Lee greeted them from behind his newspaper, grinning like the Cheshire Cat when he noticed the way too familiar Hard Rock Café T-shirt on Donghae. 

The brunette only gave the elderly a toothless smile before Mrs. Lee came and ushered him into the kitchen, telling him what to do.

Hyukjae stayed in the living-room and took a seat next to his father, both of them snickering like mean high school girls while watching Donghae struggle with cutting vegetables.

"He's a hopeless case, isn't he?" Mr. Lee stated and Hyukjae could only agree with a hum, being too engrossed in observing his (cough fake-or-not-so-fake) husband.

Meanwhile Donghae was cursing endlessly. Not only was he the lousiest cook in the history of lousy cooks but also his damn mind just wouldn't stop giving him flashbacks of yesterday's evening.

Or to be exact—the kiss.

It was only a short and small peck but the way Hyukjae handsomely leaned over the table, gently cupped his cheek and tenderly kissed him made everything within him tingle and the memory of the latter pushing him against the wall suddenly appeared to be such a action.

Groaning out loud at his stupid thoughts and feeling his stomach doing a flip, Donghae blushed madly and tried to focus on the cucumbers he was cutting.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" he whispered to himself.

"Did you say something?" Mrs. Lee turned to the male, causing him to yelp in surprise.

"A-ah, no. I was o-only talking to myself," Donghae awkwardly chuckled as the woman gave him a sceptical look.

"Fix that habit of yours, you're not a maniac."

"I beg to differ," he muttered under his breath and Mrs. Lee frowned in disapproval.

"I will go and bring some kimchi from outside. You can start cubing the lychees," she ordered, Donghae nodding in understanding and waiting for her to leave the kitchen only to release a heavy sigh.

"This family's insanity is catching on to me, I really need to get out of here."

Sighing another time, he then started to absentmindedly peel the lychees, fiddling around with the shell for a moment until he found a good technique. But being too engrossed in his thoughts and not paying attention to where he placed the fruits, the slimy balls bounced down the counter and slipped through the kitchen while greasing the tiles with their juice.

When Donghae's ears finally catched the squishy noises and he looked down, he moaned in consternation and sputtered all kinds of colourful curses as he swept over the ground to pick the lychees up.

"I'm so done with . This is all this 's fault! Why let me meet his satan-like parents?  Why bring me here in the first place? Why did I even agree to come!? God, sometimes I can't believe how stupid I am. And then this damn kiss! Right in front of his parents, so embarrassing. I'm gonna kill that bastard for this. Then I will burn his corpse and mix the ash with whitener so I can bleach my lips. No, wait—that means I would rub him against my mouth... Oh holy flipping crap, what the hell Lee Donghae!? Are you a complete nutjob now? I-"

The male's ranting got interrupted by loud throat-clearing, Donghae's whole body freezing.

"So," spoke up a voice which caused a shiver to run down the brunette's spine, "this is your true nature, huh?"

Donghae squeezed his eyes shut and took in a deep breath before he dared to slowly turn around, coming to face Mrs. Lee who wore a murderous expression.

"Ummm," he said dumbly, making the woman smirk darkly.

"I knew that you weren't all innocent and sweet! HA! I found out your secret and now I'm gonna tell Hyukjae!" she announced through wicked laughter and Donghae had to wonder if the woman really was a grown-up adult since she reminded him a little too much of Candace from Phineas and Ferb.

"M-Mrs. Lee, l-let me explain-"

"Yah! Lee Hyukjae!" cut the elderly Donghae's attempt to make up his slip of the tongue and the brunette could only groan when Hyukjae and his father waltzed into the kitchen.

"What's going on?"  Hyukjae asked, being just as puzzled as his father.

"He!" Mrs. Lee pointed a finger at Donghae. "This supposedly kind husband of yours it the spawn of the devil!" she shrieked which made the two males raise their brows and eye Donghae questioningly.

"Alright, you know what?" the brunette started while looking at Hyukjae. "To hell with this . I tried my best to be nice but your mother just won't have that."

"Donghae-"

"Shut up and let me speak," he cut the latter, Mrs. Lee gasping.

"How dare you to talk like this to my precious son?" she screeched but Donghae only narrowed his eyes at her.

"You also shut up!" he snapped, causing even Mr. Lee to gape in shock. "Now that you see my real colours I may allow myself to say that you're such a pesky person, Mrs. Lee! Do you have any idea how hella annoying you can be? Acting all sweet and being that clingy towards your son is pathetic. Get your own damn life and stop forcing him into things he doesn't want! Besides, how can you be so rude? I know that I'm not the most likeable person and I get that you hate me but can you stop looking at me so despisingly? It's not like I'm a fly or some other sort of disgusting bug! And lastly let me tell you that your wild cherry tea is just as lousy as your husband's acting skills!" Donghae ended his rant with a deep breath, blowing the bangs out of his face in frustration and stamming his hands onto his hips as he stared at the flabbergasted family.

"Do... do you feel better now?" Mr. Lee asked carefully and the younger blinked five times before a satisfied grin reached over his lips.

"Yes. Yes, I do. Much better even," Donghae admitted.

At the statement the eldest male began to guffaw like a hyena, laughing until there was no sound anymore and him having to hold onto the doorframe not to faint from the lack of oxygen.

Also Hyukjae started cackling and shook his head half in disbelief, half in amusement.

"You're truly one of a kind, Lee Donghae," he whispered to himself, answering Donghae's questioning expression with a wide smile. "Well what can I say?" he then exclaimed loudly, walking up to the brunette and wrapping his arm around the younger's waist. "Isn't he sassiest ever?" he asked almost proudly, making his father laugh all the more and his mother huff.

Donghae however tightened his grip since the sudden urge to use the kitchen knife as a murder weapon was enormous.
 



"GET OUT!" was the shout that echoed through the hallway before a door loudly slammed shut and a young woman fighting against tears passed Donghae who stood in front of the office while watching the scene in bafflement

Once the woman disappeared into the bathroom, Donghae jolt up and snorted at their boss' antics, daring to enter the lion cage.

"WHAT NOW?" a yell greeted him as soon as he was in, him flinching at the other's furious expression.

"Jesus Christ, are you a fulltime or do I always meet you at the wrong moments?" Donghae joked and grinned when he saw how Hyukjae realized who he was.

The man heaved a deep sigh and went through his dark locks a few times, letting himself fall into the leather chair. "I hate this day so damn much," Hyukjae hissed while closing the eyes to rub his temple. 

"Don't we all?" Donghae pointed out and walked up to the cabinet standing on the left side of the room, taking out a mug to fill it with water and plopping a tablet into it. 

"I don't get how this could happen. Everything is a mess!" his boss exclaimed who took a fistful of papers lying on his desk to throw them through the room. 

"Calm down, will you? Freaking out won't help you in any way," the brunette casually stated and handed Hyukjae the mug. "Drink." 

"How did you-" 

"You always get headache when you're stressed. Just drink." 

Without a second thought the elder took a big gulp from the liquid, followed by others until the mug was left empty. 

"Give it fifteen minutes to work, okay?" Hyukjae only hummed in response while Donghae swooped the over the floor, picking up the papers that just got thrown. "I tried to get Mrs. Choi on the phone but she refused to do so. Her secretary however was nice enough and suggested to make an appointment. I don't know if this will help though since she already made her decision pretty clear."

"Homophobic witch," Hyukjae muttered.

"That she indeed is," Donghae agreed, chuckling. "But well, we have only two possibilities. Either we sue her for breaking our contract without a reasonable cause or we accept it. The choice is yours," the brunette explained, neatly placing the documents back on the desk and smiling softly when the elder peeked up to him. "What's with that look, huh?"

"I don't know whenever our act is worth this whole trouble or not," Hyukjae confessed and Donghae's smile disappeared within a second. "Don't get me wrong but I'm starting to think we were a little immature to start this thing we're doing right now. We didn't even thought about the consequences but only our advantages."

"So you want to blow everything off?" Donghae asked but the other hastily shook his head.

"No, of course not! I just felt like getting this of my chest... or something like that," he mumbled and pursed his lips afterwards.

The brunette stared at him for a moment longer until the smile found its way back to his face, him quietly snickering.

"Well I guess revealing everything would only cause us more troubles, right?"

"Yeah, seems like we're ought to continue this... I seriously don't know what to call it," Hyukjae sheepishly scratched his cheek.

"How about marriage?" Donghae remarked.

"That's... that's a pretty good idea," the elder agreed and the brunette laughed at his awkwardness.

"Marriage it is then," he confirmed happily. "So, what do you plan on doing? Do we sue her or not?"

"As much as I want to spare us from the whole drama I guess we have no other choice. The company needs every penny in nearer future, we lost too many clients to keep us above water," Hyukjae mused, squeezing his eyes together and groaning. " my life."

"Oh don't be a drama queen, we've got this," Donghae encouraged him. "I will give Lawyer Kim a call and then we will crush them!" he beamed confidently, bringing a smile over his boss' gloomy expression.

"Alright, do that then."

"On it!" the brunette saluted and with a last grin he left the office.

Hyukjae sat in silence and felt his headache slowly disappearing when the door bursted open and his supervisor stomped in, face red from what Hyukjae assumed was rage.

"Mr. Lee!" the man hissed through gritted teeth.

And there it goes.

"Mr. Cho, what can I do for you?" the raven-head forced a polite smile.

"What's this rumor with Mrs. Choi canceling the contract? The whole engineering department is a mess!" 

"I'm sorry to say that but this rumor is the truth. I received a letter from Mrs. Choi this morning," Hyukjae replied straightforwardly.

"What!?" Mr. Cho barked. "This- this- this is unacceptable!"

"I'm aware of that and already made my decision. My secretary is contacting Lawyer Kim at the right moment we're talking."

"I can't believe this is happening. Mrs. Choi always had been a trusted client of ours," the old man muttered and palmed his face.

"Seems like that trusted client of ours is letting her homophobia get ahead of herself to maker her forget her professionalism," Hyukjae commented, the other's face darkening at once.

"This is all your fault," he sneered.

"Pardon?" the younger raised an eyebrow.

"This is all your and that stupid kid's fault!" Mr. Cho repeated loudly.

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about, Sir," Hyukjae said innocently.

"You know damn well what I mean! If it wouldn't have been for the two of you then nothing of this would've happened! I gave my whole into this company and now you're ruining everything I worked so hard for in my life!"

"You worked so hard for? I think there is a little misunderstanding because the last time I checked this company was built by my grandfather and not you," Hyukjae corrected the latter who was about to flare up.

"Ah trying to act as a smartass now, huh?" Mr. Cho chuckled cynically. "Let me tell you this you little parasite. Your marriage may count in other countries but here it's unofficial so don't be all too cocky about getting the stocks."

Hyukjae in a deep breath and let the air out as a heavy sigh before stemming his elbows onto the desk and letting his chin rest on them. 

"Mr. Cho," he started calmly. "I'm surprised you know about the inheritance my grandfather left me and that his condition was marriage" he continued and had to hid a victorious grin when the said male grew nervous and cleared his throat. "But to be honest the thought of the stocks never crossed my mind since it was occupied by my husband the whole time. However, now that you mentioned this topic I was reminded of the stocks and I must admit that was a very helpful advice. Please accept when I say I want to express my gratitude towards you," Hyukjae ended his speech with a smile, his innocent expression never wavering. "Now, if you excuse me—I'm very busy."

His supervisor's face reddened all the more (Hyukjae couldn't tell whenever due rage or embarrassment this time) and he uneasily shifted on his spot.

"Y-you- you- you just wait!" was the only thing the poor old man was able to voice out, throwing another glare at the younger before he dashed out of the room and harshly slammed the door shut.

"Wow, was that awesome or was that awesome?" Hyukjae praised himself and finally freed a huge grin. "I should consider becoming an actor."
 



Hyukjae tugged on Donghae's hand as they stepped into the tailor shop, the younger's cheerful expression changing into gaping with mouth flapping open.

"Mother of fishies, I will never get used to these expensive palace-like places," the brunette said breathlessly, Hyukjae snickering.

"Well, what can I say? I grew up in luxury," he casually shrugged. 

"Brag more and I will kick your fancy ."

"Now, that's not how you talk to your husband," Hyukjae faked a sob only to receive a snort.

"And I should care because...?" Donghae raised an eyebrow but before the other could retort, a petite employee greeted them with a huge smile.

"Mr. Lee, it's been a while!" she happily exclaimed, Donghae eyeing Hyukjae who grinned back at the girl and reached his palm out for a handshake.

"It indeed has been, Hyoyeon-sshi," he chuckled.

"I see you've been doing very well?" she teased, looking Donghae up and down. 

"You could say that, yes" Hyukjae sheepishly confessed and Donghae had to hold himself back from scoffing.

"You should've told me you were dating! I always hoped to have a chance with you but now you're married, it's a shame, really," Hyoyeon puffed her cheeks and flug her blonde hair over the shoulder. "But then again, your spouse is super cute so I guess I can live with losing you to him," she added, giggling when Hyukjae laughed loudly and Donghae pursed his lips in slight annoyance.

"I wasn't aware of your feelings for me, I apologize for anything inappropriate I did," the businessman stated but the girl waved him off.

"Nah, no hard feelings," she chimed. "So, how can I help you today?"

"Donghae and I will attend a press conference next week so I thought I could need a new suit for my evening attire", Hyukjae answered and Hyoyeon nodded in understanding.

"Hmm, I see," she mused. "How about taking a look at the newest designs? They arrived just this morning and I must say they're gorgeous" she then suggested.

"Sure, why not?" the raven-head agreed.

"Wonderful!" she beamed and ushered him to follow her. "Will your accompaniment need an outfit, too?"

"Of course, of course," Hyukjae replied, glimpsing behind and giving Donghae a questioning frown when the brunette stayed rooted on his spot. "What are you doing? Go and take a look," he commanded before disappearing into the next room.

"Jerk," Donghae scowled and glared at the place the latter stood a second ago. "Accompaniment? What am I? A freaking kept man?" he muttered and shuffled closer to the nearby clothes rail, admitted that without exception all the suits were beautiful.

The numbers on the price tags however left the secretary speechless, him having to count the zeros over and over again the make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.

"Damned those rich people be, seriously," he whispered and shook his head in disbelief.

Continuing to gawk around Donghae started to feel a little impatient, especially after hearing hearty laughter coming from the sideroom.

Urg. He could feel a green monster making its appearance. 

But no, Donghae wasn't jealous. Why would he ever be, right?

"Hey, Donghae," a voice startled the said male, making him yelp and goofily turn around. 

"W-what?" he stuttered.

"Wow, jumpy much?" Hyukjae rasied a sceptical eyebrow. "You're at the wrong section, by the way."

"Pardon?" the younger asked completely dumbfounded.

 "I said you're at the wrong section," Hyukjae repeated. "Dresses are on the left," he added and pointed to the other side of the room.

Donghae's gaze followed the direction and took in a bunch of sparkling evening dresses, his brain only then registering that Hyukjae was making fun of him.

"Yah!" he bursted out, the elder cackling mischievously.

"Calm down, I was just kidding," Hyukjae grinned and made his way up to him, grasping the other's hand in his own and pulling him along. "Now come with me, I found a few suits for you."

Without any objections Donghae let himself being dragged into the next room, Hyoyeon immediately jumping on him and almost undressing him in front of them.

"D-don't you have something like a changing cubicle?" he shrieked and tightly gripped the buttons of his shirt together before the overly excited tailoress could tear it away from him.

"If you insist," Hyoyeon's voice sounded a tad disappointed as she pushed him into a small room and shoved a mountain of clothes against his chest. "Here, try them on," she ordered, closing the curtain before turning to Hyukjae and fretting over him to get dressed, too.

Once brushing his clothes off and slipping into one of the fancy suits, Donghae looked at the mirror and scanned his reflection with satisfied smile.

"I think I'm done," he announced and within a second the curtain ripped open.

"Holy frick, you're dashing!" Hyoyeon squealed. "Go and show yourself to your husband," she then nudge him and somewhat bashfully Donghae stepped out of the cubicle, meeting Hyukjae's curious gaze right away.

"H-how do I-I look?" Donghae found himself asking and blushed when he realized how awfully girlfriend-like he sounded.

"Not bad, Honey," the elder replied slyly.

"Not bad? Are you kidding me? He's bloody stunning!" Hyoyeon exclaimed, running around the brunette while fastening a thing here and there. "The jacket is a little too big but I can fix that in no time. The shirt fits perfectly, the pants may be a little too tight but that only brings out the best from your thighs and ," she mumled, eyeing Donghae weirdly when the latter let out a choking cough. "Well, if it's too uncomfortable I can change it of course," she continued to reassure him.

"I like it how it is," Hyukjae hinted, his grin widening when Donghae's blush became a shade deeper.

"Shut up," the brunette growled in embarrassment.

"But babe, you didn't say anything about my outfit yet," the elder whined and straightened out his jacket, even swirling around and striking a ridiculous pose. "And?"

"The only thing I can think of right now is to wonder who let you out of the zoo," Donghae retorted and Hyoyeon barked in laughter.

"You two are just perfect for each other."

"Of course we are, what do you think?" Hyukjae feigned indignation.

"Whatever. I'm gonna get some needles so don't let me see anything that could scar me for life when I come back, you hear me?" she mocked and left the room with a wink.

"So?" the raven-head inquired, watching the other with anticipation.

"So what?" Donghae snapped.

"How do I look?" Hyukjae pointed out and the younger awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Pretty good?" he squeaked but earned an offended huff.

"That's all? I expected something better."

"Well excuse me, Mr. Narcissist but you were not one who called me 'not bad'!" Donghae yelled which made the latter grin once more.

"Mhm, I see how it is then," Hyukjae teasingly chimed.

"How is what?" the brunette asked puzzled.

"Oh, you know..."

"Know what?"

"Ah, nothing."

"Yah!"

"No, forget it."

"Lee Hyukjae, you better speak up or I swear to god I will-" Donghae's rant stopped abruptly as Hyukjae walked up to him and made them stand side by side in front of a huge mirror.

"Looks nice," Hyukjae nodded in satisfaction, proudly smiling.

"What's so nice, huh?" Donghae sneered lowly.

"Just," the other one sighed happily and chuckled when he saw how the younger narrowed his eyes on him. 

"Prick."

"Yes, yes, I'm a prick alright."

"What's with you today?" Donghae frowned, confused by the latter's behaviour and surprised that he accepted the insult without a comeback.

"I'm just in a good mood," Hyukjae replied while shrugging.

"But you're creepy like that. Maybe I should piss you off so you'll turn into your usual self," the brunette muttered in thought.

"Believe me, nothing will piss me off today and certainly not you."

"What's this supposed to mean now?"

"Oh, nothing~"

"Arg, you're so irritating!"

"You mean ingratiating?"

"Pcht, ingratiating, my face."

"Thought so."

Hyukjae guffawed when Donghae's left eye twitched, wrapping his arm around the younger's shoulder to bring him closer and gently bump their heads together.

Donghae scowled at the gesture and tried to pry out of the elder's grip only to fail helplessly when the latter pressed they sides even tighter together. Another growl escaped from the brunette, accepting their position for a brief moment until his gaze fell onto their suits and he compared them.

"Wait a moment," he spoke up again. "Why do you get to wear black and I white?" he questioned and Hyukjae leaned down to laugh into his brown hair, his breath tickling Donghae's neck.

"What do you think, hmm?" Hyukjae snickered, Donghae needing a moment to get what he was implying to.

"Way to let me look submissive, thank you very much."

"Most welcome, Wifey."

"Lee Hyukjae!!"
 



"Big trouble! Big fat trouble!" Donghae announced as he stumbled through the door, looking as if he just broke out of an asylum with hair sticking in every possible direction and alarmed eyes.

"Sorry what?" Hyukjae asked baffled and warily inspected the other's appearance.

"Trouble! I said we're in trouble!" the brunette shrieked frantically.

"Will you calm down and explain what you're talking about?" the elder demanded, frowning when the latter in a shaky breath to soothe his nerves.

"My mom called", Donghae started and Hyukjae nodded to let him know he was listening. "And she said she's coming to Seoul," he continued, the other giving him another nod. "And she wants to meet you," he lastly added and Hyukjae was about to nod yet again but widened his eyes when realization hit him.

"You told her about us?" he dumbly pointed out.

"Duh, I'd rather tell her myself than she finds out through the news," Donghae replied.

"Well ," Hyukjae hissed, eyeing the younger who still seemed to be a nervous wreck while playing with his fingers. "Why? Is there more?" he inquired and according to the latter's sheepish grin there was. "Is it bad?"

"Well," Donghae chimed, "since she has no place to go she asked if she could stay at..." 

"At?" Hyukjae impatiently pushed him to answer.

"Our house?" the brunette peeped in timidity.

"Our house?" the raven-head deadpanned and raised an intimidating eyebrow, causing Donghae to lower his head with shame.

"Our," he then confirmed and glimpsed at Hyukjae from underneath his bangs while giving him a bashful smile.


Well, well, guess who's back? 

I had no idea how to apologize for being away so long so in the end I decided to surpise you with a double update. Nice, eh?

I don't want to make any excuses because frankly all I did was doing reruns of kdramas while laughing my off, crying oceans and drowning in feels. But I do can proudly say I've been working hard on three other stories. They're kinda bigger projects so I guess it will take me some more time to upload them though. But no worries, Mimi's brain comes to the rescue—there are tons of ideas swirling through my head so your may expect a one-shot here and there. 

But yeah, that's it for now. Sorry again and love you! <3