Bad Day (Vmin?)

BTStories Collection

Morning disaster? Check
Rain? Check
Lost the bus? Check
Forgot his English homework? Check
Horrible headache? Check, check and check
These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect terrible day.

Jimin was usually a positive and smiling guy, but today everything went wrong. As every bad day, it all started when the alarm rang two hours early. As waking up at 5am wasn’t Jimin’s cup of tea, he decided to go back to sleep. Obviously, he ended up oversleeping.

Then it was the coffee. The first cup he made ended up falling: his dog was way too excited and a cup of hot coffee and a jumping dog aren’t usually a good combination. This means he ended up burning himself pretty badly.

After he changed to some clean clothes, a very hard mission as almost all were being washed, which made him end up in the weirdest combination ever: bright yellow trousers, a pink sock, a black sock, his brother’s leather jacket that said Born in Hell with a big skull and a shirt from the Christian meeting he had to go once with his grandmother, two sizes too small, with GOD LOVES EVERYONE written in big.

Then, when he was in his way to school, it started raining. Not a light rain that is annoying and that will get you a little bit wet. No, it had to be a typhoon kind of rain that would make you regret every single choice you’ve ever made in your life.

When he finally got to the bus stop, he just managed to see how it left him. Jimin thought the bus was mocking him, but weirdly enough, as the bus was an inanimate object, it does not have the ability to mock a person. Missing the bus meant that he had to walk for half an hour under the unexpected (well, unexpected for him as you, as the reader, already knew about it thanks to the lame introduction) storm.

Then it was the homework. For once that he had done his homework, he forgot to bring it with him. An unlucky day was unlucky in every sense of the word. Also, just to add more to the badness of the day, the teacher gave him extra homework because he hadn’t done it the day before.

When Jimin finally got out of that special corner of hell that we call school (after tripping in the cafeteria, having a surprise maths exam and ending up entering the girls toilets by mistakes) he had a massive migraine. The rain was obviously going to leave its mark, but he never expected it to be so soon. Thankfully he had some painkillers with him, but due to the nature of bad days, they were too old to be consumed.

Life was hard for poor Jimin, who just woke up with the wrong foot. It was then, that when he was walking to his house (the bus back home was full and the next one was cancelled) that he saw a shining boy with a big square smile. Jimin wouldn’t had noticed the boy if it weren’t for a big “Free Hugs” sign.

Thinking about his options (a. ignore him b. laugh at him c. go a get the hug he really needs) he decides to go get a hug. It’s not that weird to ask a random stranger to hug them and tell everything is going to be all right, isn’t it?

“I know I will sound a bit creepy but today has been an awful day. Can I get a hug?” Jimin was not sure of what he was doing, but then the kind stranger just pulled him into a bear hug and told him you are going to be okay.

The next day, when Jimin was having a better day and life seemed to be good with him again, the boy decideed to go back to the square where he saw the kind stranger. He was there, once again, with his sign and his smile, ready for business (although it’s not technically a business if your product is free, but who cares).

“Thanks for the other day. It was really helpful. I’m Jimin.”

“Taehyung.” The stranger said smiling even more. Was that possible? It was already a very big smile, but now it just reached the smiley-sun-drawn-by-a-kid-or-an-adult-with-very-bad-drawing-skills level.

“Can I help you in any way? You really aided me that time, I was feeling terrible.”

“Here.” Taehyung told him while handing him a sign that also said Free Hugs. “It was the same for me, I was having a very bad day and a stranger gave me a hug. Now I am trying to give back by doing the same.”

Jimin smiled, seemed like a good idea. So he stood there, with his sign and his smile, trying to make people be a little bit happier. Because we all have bad days, and sometimes even a little gesture like a hug from a stranger can help.