Two

To Infinity and Beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click

Clack

Click

Clack

Click

Changmin opened the pretty box, staring at the ring inside of it.

Clack

He closed it with a sigh.

Click

This thing was pure evil.

Clack

Yet he knew Yunho left it with him as a token of trust.

Click

Despite his less than favorable attitude towards Jaejoong.

Clack

He would never do anything to sabotage his brother's wedding plans.

Click

'Anyone's home?'

Shocked at the sudden intrusion, Changmin jumped. The small box fell out of his hands and clattering to the floor, it's valuable content tumbling out of its boundaries and rolling under the couch.



Changmin cursed as he tried to put the most neutral expressions on his face. Jaejoong always had the worst timing. If he sensed that something was wrong-

'Yunho?' the annoying blonde- yellow? head of hair appeared at the horizon and stopped once he noticed only Jung the younger standing in the room, glaring at him.

They weren't complete enemies, he and Jaejoong, yet they were far from being civil.

'Where did Yunho-'

'For the umpteenth time this month, Kim Jaejoong, he went on a business trip. How can you not remember? We talked about this, he told you every day last week. He specifically apologized for not being home on your second anniversary and - why do I even know about this?! It's like I'm dating my brother'

'Oh'

Oh indeed, Changmin snorted. He just couldn't with the idiot. Was his mind capable of retaining information only of the size of a floppy disk?

'Anyway, I have absolutely no time or interest in talking to you'

This was normal, he was neutral, nothing he did could possibly tip the man off that there was-

'Is there something wrong?'

Crap. He really couldn't catch a break. Yunho and his impeding doom of a relationship was going to age him into an old man before he reached his prime years.

'Why would there ever be anything wrong with me? Even in the highly unlikely event that there was something wrong it still doesn't concern you. Can't you just leave me alone?'

Maybe he did overdo it a bit, maybe Jaejoong cared about his wellbeing more than his own brother did but he could see the ring glittering underneath the couch and maybe he was panicking.

Jaejoong shrugged.

'Sure, fine, I will leave you alone, Minny' he smiled but it didn't reach his eyes 'I was going to ask you what you wanted for dinner but I guess you have other plans'

'Dinner?'

There were things which were holy to Changmin- homemade food was one of them. He'd never had it as a kid and when Jaejoong had picked up cooking, his heart had warmed towards the other a bit. He had his suspicions that it was all just a plan to buy his approval but he couldn't say he minded it.

'I never said anything about other plans. Where do you get these ideas? Don't go around assuming things. Yunho tells you not to and I have always told you that thinking too much hurts that pretty head of yours' and with a shove he directed the older to the kitchen.

'Let's go and talk a bit more about that Bulgogi you always wanted to try'

'I never-'

'Less thinking, Kim Jaejoong'

'Call me Jae'

'In your dreams'

Changmin threw a cautious glance at the couch before he left. He would get the ring after he'd made sure Jaejoong was cooking.

___

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter