Six

To Infinity and Beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junsu arrived home looking more haggard than he had left. They had kicked him out of the hotel once they realized he had attacked an honorable guest and he had failed to find another accommodation for the price he was willing to pay. His ticket home had cost a fortune and he had no money left for a taxi. He had to go on the bus like a commoner and it had been mortifying.

Instead of arriving early, Junsu was three hours late.

He was never going to go on a vacation again.

Unceremoniously, he kicked the door open, arriving home like a Spartan to a peace treaty. He needed to hurt someone and he needed to hurt that someone good.

'Hey, boyfriend, you here?!' He yelled, throwing his shoes to the side without placing them in the neat row. No mister nice guy anymore, Junsu could feel his blood boil. Yoochun was in for a world of pain.

'Hey, boyfriend! Where are you? Hiding?' his yells could be heard throughout the house, like a beast roaring for its prey.

'Boyfriend!' he yelled even louder, annoyed at the ignorance he was receiving. How much worse could his day possibly get?.

'Boyf-' but he lost his voice once he entered the kitchen, all his senses rendered useless.

'Oh. My. God. Cats' His eyes grew wide with wonder at the sight in front of him. Small helpless creatures were pawning around the kitchen floor with Yoochun trying to prevent them from spilling everywhere. In his unsuccessful attempt, one kitten managed to break from the hoard, rolling towards a stunned Junsu.

'It's a miracle' he fell on his knees when the kitten stopped at his feet, looking up at him with its huge eyes.

'More like five miracles' Yoochun grumbled, apparent that he hadn't slept well last night. Or at all.

'Why are you back so early?'

His lover was supposed to return in two days and he was supposed to get rid of these creatures by tomorrow. This was not going well.

'Chunny. Chunchun... Tell me... What are these?' Junsu ignored him, busy awing at the kitten trying to climb into his lap.

'Cats'

'Yes. But why?'

'I don't know' he rubbed his face, trying his best to prevent more kittens from breaking free 'their mother probably found a way in our cellar and gave birth there and, seeing how these things are able to move around, they must be a few days old by now but that's not the point, Junsu, the mother's gone and they are looking for food'

'Amazing'

'Not really. They are pissing all over the place and I don't know what to give them'

'Kitten food'

'Yes...but no. They are leaving tomorrow so I'm feeding them whatever there is in the fridge. So far they seem to like the pâté best. As a matter of fact, I like the pâté best but they have eaten it all and I already called a vet and-'

'No' Junsu looked at him sternly, his expression leaving no room for interpretation 'they are staying, Chun'

'Staying?'

'Yes'

'All five of them?'

'Yes'

'But my asthma...'

'We can shave them. I promise I will groom and shave them. Chunny. Chun...' Junsu was looking at him with eyes glistening, his face full of delight, 'this is it. This is what I've been missing in my life'

'Cats?'

'No. Someone to take care of. And they... They are little angels and they chose you. We can't give them away, we're like their foster parents now. We will be a real family'

Somehow, that sounded like a terrible idea. Five cats in their house was a terrible idea but, when Yoochun looked into Junsu's animated face, he had no choice but to agree.

'But only if you stop stalking Jaejoong'

'Jaejoong who?'

'Ha ha. No. Seriously. Promise'

Junsu rolled his eyes. Yoochun's insecurities were ridiculous. Yoochun was sweet and attentive and cats were way cuter than Jaejoong could ever hope to be. Besides, Jaejoong was a lost case now when he was getting married.

'I promise to never stalk Jaejoong although I've never stalked him before but whatever helps you sleep at night... but you got to let me keep these cats'

'A deal'

And with that the holy Junsu-cat alliance was born.

____


For the better part of the day Yunho tried to prevent Jaejoong from searching for Changmin.

'But where could he be?' Jaejoong cried, actual tears in his eyes, as he looked at Yunho with desperation.

'What if he's lost? What if he's hungry? What if he's kidnapped?' he gasped at the last one, the drama too real.

'... he's twenty five, Jae, he will survive'

At which the older shook his head.

'No, no, Yunho, you don't understand. He's nothing but a baby. My pretty, sweet Minny may be in pain right now and I just- just-' and he broke down sobbing, destroying all of Yunho's attempts at calming him down.

Now he had exactly two opinions. One, leave Jaejoong to do his thing and find him in the hospital later, or two, find Changmin.

'Why isn't he answering his phone? What's wrong with him? Why would he do that?' Jaejoong sobbed, making Yunho wonder if that was because his head was hurting or because he had nothing but straws there. He arrived at the conclusion that he needed to stop this unreasonable behavior no matter what and to do that he had to find his brother.

Reluctantly, he took his phone and dialed the number of the person he last wanted to contact. It didn't even take two beeps before his call was answered.

'My son! My beautiful gay son. How are you?'

'Mother'

There was a reason he avoided her like wildfire. He didn't mind visiting a couple of times a year but her presence was that of a very particular person.

'When are you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?'

First, she was obsessed with his relationships. When he had first come out to her she had cried tears of happiness, telling him that he should never be ashamed of who he is and that she would support him no matter what.

'I saw his picture on Min's phone and I found his Twitter'

Jaejoong had a twitter?

'Yunnie. He's seriously the best. You have gotten yourself such a man and I'm so proud of you. His chest looks so well toned and with that tiny waist I bet he's amazing to fu-'

'Mother'

Second, she had no shame.

'Yes, my precious son? You know I support you in whatever decision you make? Do you think we could borrow your boyfriend for a while though? Mommy's new lover also saw the pictures and we think he would be the perfect choice for a three-'

'Mother!'

'Don't yell, son. You're being quite rude'

There were times when Yunho couldn't b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter