chapter ix

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

Damn,” Shinhye whispered. Why on Earth does Jieun needs to appear at this point of time when Yonghwa can just depend on her? This moment, it should be just her comforting this sad soul. “I think, he is drunk?” She blurted at Jieun, instead.

“I am not.” Yonghwa firmly said. “Why are you here Jieun?”

Jieun rushed at Yonghwa and held his cold cheek. “Are you cold? What happened, really? Where’s Uncle?”

Shinhye is about to feel she is out of place. Uncle? Are they that comfortable with each other that they are talking so informal with each other? Am I that only person that is so out with the picture? Even Yuri got a Jungshin now. Where is she, really?

“G-gone,” he nearly sobbed.

“Gone?” Shinhye asked.

“Where the hell your Dad went then?” Jieun hissed.

Shinhye glanced at Jieun. She said the word hell that was so inappropriate in saying with elders? What the hell I am doing here?

Yonghwa looked at Shinhye. His eyes were intact with her, and she doesn’t know if it is a good sign or just nothing. “Can you stay?” He closed his eyes.

“Of –

“Of course, how can I leave you at this time?”

Damn - Shinhye nearly said. She was in the middle of deciding and when she was about to spill the word of course – Jieun confidently said she will never leave Yonghwa. This is so done. At one point, she is sure that she likes this guy. At two point, Jieun entered the story. And this is a third wheel story once again. She hates it. This is not her. The Shinhye she knows never care about people feeling this kind of twirling sight. She is living on her perfect comfort zones.

But, thinking how she is back then – she remember a person who exactly the same as her. It is the guy in front of him. Yonghwa doesn’t care about what people talks about him. Even the world throw a punch at him saying he’s nothing but the  worst person ever can be – he doesn’t ing care. Because he knows himself more than anyone else. Even when they are completely the same, there are things that can’t be together. “Please take good care of him, Jieun.” She tapped Jieun’s arm. Actually, honestly speaking she doesn’t have the chance to get anger with this girl. There’s nothing to angry with. This girl simply loves Yonghwa, and of course she will do everything. Plus, Yonghwa cares a lot with her. What am I in this story?

Jieun nodded. “Take care while crossing the road.”

 

“What happened with him?” Minhyuk suddenly appeared. He quickly get Yonghwa and went inside their house.

“It’s late and I need to go home now.” Shinhye waved her goodbye. “Please don’t let that little boy do anything cheesy. Remind him that he is the bad guy.” She tried to smile.

“Jieun, you should get going too. Please don’t make your Dad worry about you every single day.” Minhyuk was annoyed and said. Then he looked at Shinhye. “I will surely let him know what you want to say.”

“I’ll just tell my Dad that I am here with you guys. He’ll never worry.” Jieun insisted.

“If you do that, I’ll deny you’re with us.” Minhyuk said.

Jieun sighed. “As usual, the good one tells that rule.” She pouted at kissed Yonghwa’s forehead. “Bye, don’t be sad, okay? I’m here. I didn’t left you.”

 

“Are you going with me Jieun? I’m going now.” Shinhye hoped that Jieun would stay a bit more. This time, she feels that walking with her would be so awkward.

“No, I will stay a bit more.” Jieun smiled.

 

“Okay.” She sighed. “Jung Yonghwa, I am going now. Sleep tight and don’t forget to attend class tomorrow.” She coldly said but she wants to be jolly. She just wanted but never did.

 

***

 

I wish I was a better Dad. I wish I was a better husband. But I think even wishes are cruel to me.

I’m sorry, my son.

Something doesn’t change in us even the world changes. I am so hurt, and I know you too. But I don’t for us to share the loneliness. I will bury all the sadness we earned for years.

I’ll come back.

 

“Bad guys doesn’t win. And they simply lose everything.” Yonghwa sobbed. He let his best friend read his Dad’s letter to him. “Talking about cruelty, nobody’s going to win over me.”

“I don’t know what to say.” Minhyuk uttered. “I was never prepared on this kind of moments.”

“Neither me,” he smirked. “Don’t tell anybody about this.”

“Where’s your Mom now?”

“I believe she left the country already and reunited with Uncle.”

“So you still address your Dad’s best friend as your Uncle? Wasn’t that a bit cruel for you? Aren’t you even angry?”

“Why would I?” Yonghwa wiped his face. “Uncle and Mom was always one, even Dad knew that. Mom simply waited for Uncle but Dad loves her so much that he marries my Mom knowing it was all Uncle in her heart.”

“That’s completely bull, why would your Mom accept your Dad when it was that man she only loves? I don’t even grasp the catch here.” Minhyuk raged.

“My Dad denied that it was out of pity. Neither Mom denied it. Mom said she was happy with me and my Dad. But nothing beats the first happiness and she came back to where she belongs.” Yonghwa calmly said. “The rule of the thumb – don’t ever mess with destiny. Or else the heavens will mess with you, forever.” He smirked again. “And I am not drunk, okay?”

“I can’t believe you said the word destiny.” Minhyuk knocked him. “Go to sleep.”

“That’s true, Minhyuk. I am telling you. Don’t ever mess with the people that meant to be together. Or else you will suffer all your life.” Yonghwa tapped Minhyuk’s head.

“Jung Yonghwa, you sure we are still talking about your Dad?” Minhyuk asked.

 

Of course I am not just talking to them. Be careful, Minhyuk. Don’t ever mess with me and Shinhye. He said on his mind. “Of course, is there anyone same to my parents? I doubt there’s nothing.” Tomorrow I am going to confess to Shinhye, so don’t mess with our destiny.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy 2015!

I wish the best to all of us.