chapter xi

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

This is the first for him to have this kind of accompany. Minhyuk can’t be this cheerful, nor Jieun can’t be this lovely. This is the first time for him to have this kind of feeling. Yes, he hasn’t said the words I like you – but it he felt simply the best when Shinhye said to him that she knew it already. It is the best feeling in the world, it is not the words that fulfill one’s life – it is always the actions. He was the verge of deciding if he will going to hold her hand or just to tap her shoulder for emphasis. He is not good at gentleman’s actions but he doesn’t want to ask Minhyuk either. “Ehem,” he awfully cleared his throat.

“What a pity,” Shinhye laughs. “What is it?”

“Hm, nothing.”

“I am going to get you home first, you are not in your hundred percent self.” She ruffled his hair. “You are like a puppy.” Then she laughs so hard again. This is the first time she was so comfortable with a boy, the first time to say all the things she wanted like friends. Yonghwa is the type of person that’s the most dangerous when he is angry or mad at you – but at the other side of the coin he is the most caring and sweet person that can be your pillar. That’s him. And Shinhye knew it that day. The things that really make Yonghwa happy are the simplest things the world can ever give. He wanted a good home with the best family, but sadly he’s not lucky not have that.

“Are you treating me like a kindergarten boy?” He pouted.

“No, you are not cute like kindergarten angels.” She smirked after saying.

“Okay, you always win.”

“Are you going to be okay alone at your house?” She asked. “You can call Minhyuk out.”

“I’m okay. I’m practiced, don’t you know.” He doesn’t know if that thing was okay to be proud of.

“I bet you are going to whine like a kindergarten.” She smiled.

“I will not.” Yonghwa was captivated with this girl’s smile. “We’re here.” He pointed his house.

“Oh, that was fast.”

“Want some drink outside?”

“No, I’m fine.” She said. “Let’s just meet at university tomorrow.”

Yonghwa stood in front of her and held her shoulders. His eyes stuck on her. He saw Shinhye had a deep breath and he find it so cute. “Good night, Blossom. You really saved my day.” Then his left hand ruffled her hair. “Thank you, I’ll be okay.”

She caught her breath on that line. This day was the best one for her, friends were out of her mind. Everything that she needed to think was her and him. “A Powerpuff girl doesn’t save bad guys, though.” She pouted.

“I believe there’s a misunderstanding about that statement.” He smiled.

“Maybe because I saw you crying so I thought you are the victim.” Shinhye made a tsk sound. “Good night now, see you.” She tapped his head twice.

“Okay,” He waved goodbye and let Shinhye walk away slowly.

 

This girl, of course I won’t let you walk alone.” Yonghwa smiled and followed Blossom with his careful steps.

 

***

 

“Park Shinhye!”

“What’s with the noise Yuri?” Shinhye held her left ear.

“Where have you been yesterday? Are you insane? Why did you skip classes?” Yuri scolded like a parent.

“I am with Jung Yonghwa.”

“Jung Yonghwa?” Yuri whispered. “Why? What happened? Are you two dating already?”

“That is so you, Yuri.” Shinhye hugged her bestfriend. “And please stop saying things that you and Jungshin can only do.”

“Then why you are with him? Don’t you know Jieun was so devastated when Minhyuk said that Yonghwa wasn’t here?” Yuri pouted. “I think even the world knows that Jieun liked Yonghwa. So, honestly I am kind of—

“There nothing to be worry about, Yuri. You know me. I know what I am doing. And I will never be like that. I promise you.” She surely said. This is reality, yesterday was just a mere second of fantasy. Yes, maybe it is okay that their feelings were understood without any confirmation.

Confirmation will hurt a lot of people. It has been always like that. It is like in every decision there will be someone who will hurt. Shinhye knows that very well.

“And I know you will say that.” Yuri said sincerely. “But ever forget that I am here, don’t try to absorb everything by yourself again.”

 

“Again?” Jungshin butted in.

“Uh.. Did I say that word?” Yuri smiled to Jungshin. “I didn’t remember,” Then she tugged his arm.

 

“I heard it loud and clear though.” Minhyuk smiled. “Hello Blossom.”

“Hi.”

“You and Yonghwa were missing yesterday, are you together?” Minhyuk asked.

She nodded in response.

“You guys are getting closer.” Minhyuk is still smiling.

“How are you and Yejin?” Shinhye asked.

Minhyuk face suddenly darken then he hold Shinhye’s hand. “Why do you always say her name? I am getting over her and I am liking you. You know that. But why always bring her up when I am giving myself to you?”

Shinhye looked directly at him. “Getting over?” She smiled. “Like me?” She let go of his hand. “Liking doesn’t mean having it. Learn how to know the process. Yonghwa told me you are the good guy, but it seems to me that you are not.”

“I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“I get you, I know you are not playing with me. But please don’t play with yourself instead. I am your friend, Hyukkie.”

“So you feel Yonghwa is more true than me?”

“I am not saying that. But at some point I felt exactly what he is feeling so I know he is true. We are all friends here.” Shinhye tried to explain.

 

“All friends?” Jieun butted too.

“Oh, Jieun you are here.” Jieun cheered. “Where’s Yonghwa though?”

“I know we are all friends here,” Jieun smiled. “But mine was a bit special with someone.”

Yuri eyed Shinhye – it is like she saying ‘listen to her’.

“We all know that, you didn’t fly because of him right?” Shinhye smiled. Once again, this is reality. Yesterday was just a mere second of fantasy.

 

But she wanted that seconds to happen again.

Wishing…