chapter iii

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

“Yejin wants to break up with me,” Minhyuk said lowly to Yonghwa while they are walking to the outpost. “Damn.”He stopped walking.

Yonghwa was devastated to hear that. Minhyuk loves Yejin so much, he is sure that Minhyuk can give everything to Yejin – life and happiness. They are the bestest couple. Good boy and a good girl- a perfect fairytale. “What the did you do? Why Yejin wants to break up?”

“My fault?” Minhyuk shouted. “I didn’t do anything.”

“After all, life is fair.” Yonghwa sighed.

“What a bull, Yonghwa.”

“You are too good, man.” Yonghwa tried not to be jealous. But he is really jealous of Minhyuk. “Just think that there’s more than in life what Yejin can give you.” He smirked.

“Everything is easy when said.”

Yonghwa jumped, “that’s why I’m spilling it.”

“Sometimes, I wanted to be as free as you.” Minhyuk said with jealousy. “Nobody’s expecting, nobody’s hurting.”

Even Yonghwa’s a bit jealous of Minhyuk, he is still his best friend. Nobody can replace him – that’s a fact. When everybody left out him, there’s Minhyuk supported him. When everybody felt Yonghwa a burden – Minhyuk lifted him. “Let’s just drink this drama of yours. We’re in college now, who cares about break ups? Pretty girls are around now.” Yonghwa shouted.

“Jung Yonghwa, you’re such a bastard.” Minhyuk smiled.

 

***

 

“Park Shinhye!” Yuri exclaimed while running to catch up with lazy Shinhye.

Shinhye’s wearing a white shirt with a slightly tattered jeans. First of all – she doesn’t care about clothes. If she got a pair of good shoes – she’s good to go.

“Gotcha!” Yuri grabbed her. “Where have you’ve been all day?”

“Roaming,” she smiled. “Classes are stress so why.”

Yuri pulled and stopped her. “Seriously? You are not a high schooler to roam as much as you can.” She sighed.

“So noisy, Yuri.”

Yuri grabbed her bag and accidentally bumped in to a tall guy. “Oh,” she groaned.

“We’re sorry,” Shinhye explained.

“Hmm, maybe girls have the thought of guy liking this bumping scenario,” he stopped. “But in fact, we hate it so much. We are going to like more if they will just say things like I like you or I am attracted to you.”

“What on Earth are you talking about?” Shinhye said while helping Yuri out.

He giggled. “I am not talking about you, I’m talking to your friend – Yuri.

“Excuse me, tall but rude person, I maybe like sweet boys and such but I didn’t even noted of you in my list.” Yuri smirked. “You are not even passed on my ideal height of men.”

Shinhye smiled. Here Yuri goes again.

“What?!” The tall guy said.

“I bumped at you – accidentally. Can’t you even apprehend that?” Yuri held Shinhye’s arm. “Let’s go Shin.”

“O-ok,” she replied. “She’s Yuri, you?” Shinhye asked the guy.

“Jungshin. Lee Jungshin.” He smiled at Shinhye.

“Maybe boys have the thought of girls liking this mad thingy scenario, but in fact – girls really love it. They love it a lot. And that’s what I don’t understand.” Shinhye smiled with Jungshin.

 

“Girls’ here after all wasn’t the typical one,” he sighed.

 

***

 

“That guy is such a cockroach!” Yuri exclaimed while they inside the class waiting for their next class.

Shinhye smirked, “he is cute,” she eyed Yuri.

“Hmm – yes,” Yuri pouted. “But, his manner is so zero.”

“Wake up dear Yuri, guys are all like that. What are you searching for? A prince charming who’s living in a palace?” Shinhye rolled her eyes. “Maybe you are a princess, but don’t expect a prince in return.

Yuri sighed, “I get your point but Shin, can’t I wish for someone that’s ideal?”

 

 

“Who’s the tall guy? It’s the first time I saw him in our class?”

“Gosh, so handsome.”

 

Shinhye took a deep breath, “what the heck is happening?” Then she smiled.

“What? Who’s the tall guy they are saying?” Yuri completed mind the tall guy that their classmates are mumbling about.

 

“Are they talking about me?” Someone whispered to Yuri.

 

“YOU?!!” Yuri shouted.

The guy smiled. “Hi classmate! I’m Lee Jungshin.” He extended his arms.

Yuri pouted and instead of shaking hands, she folded her arms. “Yuri.”

“You are so excited about knowing the tall guy those girls are saying then when you saw me you’re all pout.” Jungshin irritatedly said.

 

 

Shinhye was all shaking her head and left the two arguing about nonsense. “Here you go again, Yuri.” She sighed.

“Talking to yourself?” A familiar voice was heard.

“You’re here,” Shinhye felt at home.

“Were on same building, I guess.” Lie to yourself Jung Yonghwa, yes we are in the same building but she studies in second floor and I am in sixth.

“What floor?”

“Sixth,” He scratched his head.

“Oh,” Shinhye blurted. “Where’s Kang Minhyuk?”

“Why?”

“N-nothing,” She replied.

“You like him?” Yonghwa straightforwardedly asked her. So that is she said yes, he’ll stop his feelings from growing.

“Why you asked me that question?” Shinhye felt annoyed.

“My question is soo answerable by a no and a yes.”

“I prefer not to answer them.”

“Not answering them means it’s a yes.”

Shinhye laughed so hard. “What on earth Jung Yonghwa?!?”

“See?”

“C’mon, I thought we understand each other? Why would I?” She answered. “Why are you so soft today?”

“I-I don’t know,” He was so shy – for the very first time. He thinks he can just knocked everyone off but at this second maybe he can.

“What’s with the face, buddy?” Shinhye tapped Yonghwa’s back.

Yonghwa felt his feelings expanding like sky. “Buddy?”

“Why? You don’t want? Aren’t we friends?”

 

“Yes we are-.” Yonghwa was stopped because of a phone call. “Hello?”

Shinhye traced a line of shock and afraid on his face the moment he said hello over the phone. She tapped his back again. “What’s happening?” She said without a sound.

Yonghwa ended the phone call. “I’m going home now.” He said very gloomy.

“Wait up, what happen?” Shinhye wanted to know.

Yonghwa replied a smile. “I have something to do – better thing to do that studying today.”

 

***

 

“Hey, Shinhye! Where are going?! Classes not done yet!” Yuri yelled at Shinhye.

 

 

She got her bag on and exited the building. She was so sure that Yonghwa had a problem and she wanted to know that. She ran outside the university and saw Yonghwa trying to get a taxi. He seemed so out of mind.

 

“Taxi!” He shouted and at last he got.

 

Shinhye run and got on the taxi.

“Why are you here?” Yonghwa was shocked seeing Shinhye.

Shinhye lit a simple smile and tapped his back. “I am here to help you.”

“T-thanks,” Yonghwa said and lean on her shoulder. “I really need that now..”