chapter xvii

Our Story (우리의 이야기)

“Then what if I will be the leaving him? We don’t even have a relationship to begin with.” Shinhye firmly said.

“Would you?” Minhyuk became serious.

“We all need change. Yonghwa needed to live without the hurtful things of his past – as well with everyone.”

Change?

 

Shinhye nodded. “I will go to talk to him. Bye.”

“Don’t need me?”

“I can walk.” She responded with a thrift smile.

 

“Blossom, speak with you heart. Not with your principle.” Minhyuk tapped her shoulder. “I know you are strong, because you have dictated yourself to be one. But I am afraid that this will affect my best friend big-time.”

“Having this kind of opportunity doesn’t need principles.” She smiled.

 

 

***

His smile doesn’t seem to fade out while walking alone. Yonghwa just bought a simple ring for Shinhye. He knows that this looks so absurd since they are just getting started but the time he saw the ring behind a glass wall – he automatically thought of Blossom. “Just wait Shinhye, I will melt your heart with this.”

“The mighty bully Jung Yonghwa is smiling like a fool.” A cool low voice sneaked through his ears.

 

Yonghwa curled his eyebrows. “Can’t I?”

“Not really. Not like you.” He hushed.

Then he rushed and slightly punch the guy’s chest. “You jerk, Lee Jonghyun where have you’ve been?!”

Jonghyun was their friend since highschool. “I’ve been to places that you wanted to be.”

“Liar.” Yonghwa laughs.

Jonghyun tapped his hand. “So, what is that you are holding? Don’t freaking tell me that that is a ring? You give me chills, man.”

“It is a ring.” Yonghwa stood up. “And I am freaking serious this time around. No more playing.”

 

“You are dead, Yonghwa. Don’t be so serious.” Jonghyun said. “Just friendly advice?”

“How sure are you saying those words?”

“A million percent sure. Don’t you even get tired what happened to your Dad? My parents? We are a bunch of kids that doesn’t have proper caring of parents because of that.” Jonghyun said seriously.

“And we shouldn’t get affected by them, because it’s them.” Yonghwa smiled. “Come to my house, let’s have a party. I am going to call Minhyuk.”

“That’s the best line I’ve ever heard.” Jonghyun laughs.

 

***

 

“Freaking Lee Jonghyun?!” Minhyuk screamed. “This is so sudden!”

“Sudden?” Jungshin asked in despair. “He was gone for years, Kang Minhyuk.”

“That fast?”

“Yea? Because we are graduating soon?” Jungshin knocked his head. “What are you doing these days?!”

 

“Knocked it off, guys. Let’s just drink.” Yonghwa said.

“It feels home.” Jonghyun lied down.

 

“So, how’s the other family of your Dad?” Minhyuk asked. “Did they treat you fair?”

“Better than Mom’s.”

“Life is such a joke, I tell you.” Jungshin drank in one shot. “We don’t know what will happen sooner or later.”

“How can you even say those kind of things when you always meet Yuri?” Yonghwa joked. “Don’t break her heart or else you are dead on Shinhye.”

 

“Shinhye?” Jonghyun first heard her name.

“Park Shinhye.” Jungshin said. “Both jerks like her.”

“You are not dating Yejin anymore?” Jonghyun blurted at Minhyuk. “You’re doomed.”

 

“Everyone says that.” Minhyuk gulped his drink. “And that made me a less man, actually.”

“So, the ring Yonghwa just bought is for that Shinhye.” Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Damn, Yonghwa!” Jungshin shouted. “So you are really serious all this time? What about Jieun? Did you clear this matter to her?”

Yonghwa just nodded. He believes all things will going to be good because he got Shinhye. Maybe he will admit that the shining love in front of him can outstand all the things matters now. First of all, she made her realize how one can lift himself. He was so close to being the fool to his own self, about what happen to his parents. He was the one taking all the blame and fault. He’s been like a walking disaster to everybody. And Shinhye took all the them and said that the one he is presenting is not the Yonghwa.

Yonghwa was surprised. With the principles and how Shinhye think.

Yonghwa fell with her charms.  “Yes, we already talked about this.”

 

“That was fast.” Jonghyun sighed. “Well, that’s life. A person can’t have a thing when in the first place the world already decided not to give it to her. It is always just a matter of acceptance.”

“Whoa, Lee Jonghyun! Where the hell have you’ve gone? You talk like a politician.” Jungshin teased.

“Shut it out.” He blurted.

 

 

“What about going to Japan, Jung Yonghwa?” Minhyuk held the envelope.

“Japan? I don’t have a plan going there.” Yonghwa answered safely. “Why? You’re going there?”

“No.” Minhyuk sighed. “C’mon Yong, I know you know that you passed in this company. This is huge, man.”

The two boys read the letter and were shocked that the company wanted Yonghwa to start right away. “Man, your potential is so high.” Jungshin patted Yonghwa. “You should grab this.”

“Don’t ing tell me that you are turning this down just because of a girl.” Jonghyun drank all the beer remaining. “Don’t ever make me hear that, Jung Yonghwa.”

“You don’t understand me.” Yonghwa quietly murmured. “Shinhye isn’t just a girl.”

 

“Damn!” Jungshin shouted. “Then after all, you are just like Jieun.” He smirked. “Letting the opportunities fade like wind.”

“What if you are in my position, what will you do to Yuri?”

Jungshin smiled. “I love Yuri.”

Minhyuk and Jonghyun sighed in despair. “Then you are like them.”

“I am not done yet.” He chuckled. “I love Yuri, but I love myself too.”

“Then you are going to let go of her?” Yonghwa asked.

“I don’t know, but just thinking of that hurts me. But one thing I know for sure – that I love myself enough to love her and make her in the safe place in the world in the end. I love myself enough that I am sure everything I love including her will follow to be happy.”

 

Yonghwa shook his head. “It is always easier saying than done. On that note, I am sure.”