4- Learning to Let Go

Real Deal!

"Where's Luhan? Why is he late? It's almost midnight!" Xiumin asked worried. 

Kai chuckled, "Well, you know he has a pretty girlfriend. Who knows..." 

Baek slapped his head, "Yah!! Behave!!" 

"Are you... Perhaps having feeling for hyung?" Soo asked making Baek feel uneasy. 

"Not going to reply that! You're just jealous I have a strong connection with hyung!" Baek replied calmly. 

"Mmm..." Kai nodded. 

"Why? You have something to say?" 

"Nope!... Hyung is back!" Kai jumped running towards Luhan in excitement. 
But Luhan looked pale. Kai almost trembled running seriously faster in a short term, "Hey... Are you okay?" 

"What?" Kyungsoo, Baekhyun jolted off their seats as well. 

"W- what's wrong?" Sehun asked hesitantly and Tao just starred from a distance. His heart is missing a lot of beats...
Is it time? 

"I'm okay- ..." Luhan attempted to say, but his body threatened to lose its balance. 
Everyone dropped their hearts. 

"HYUNG!!" Kyungsoo held him with a shaky hand. 

"Hey... Calm down, I'm okay. Just need the bed." 

"O- okay... Let's take him to bed! ... Yeah... B- bed!" Baek felt dangerously uneasy. 
Chanyeol patted on his shoulder and lead his hyung to his own room with Kai's and Soo's help. While Lay approached Baekhyun, 
"Baek, you okay?" He asked the younger boy. Baek couldn't really hide his feelings. He's been having a hard time, thinking all about a... Gone - ... 
He shook his head aggressively. Lay patted on the younger boy, "Hey, hey..." 
Baekhyun shook Lay no less aggressively and walked away. 
Lay looked at Chen who nodded, "Yep, he's weird..." 

"Are you sure you don't want me to call you a doctor?" Xiumin asked Luhan as he laid on bed. 
"I'm okay..." Luhan replied with a smile. 
"Hyung, a doctor is necessary, please, let's just check on you!" Kai suggested. 
Luhan shook his head again, "I know what's wrong, don't call a doctor." 

"What's wrong, hyung? Have you been keeping something from us?" Scared, Soo asked. 

Luhan shook his head again, "It's a fever, Kyungsoo-ah... The truth is, we've gone to a late hour to watch a film and when we went back to take the car, it wouldn't work so we decided to take a walk together, I dropped her home and it's started raining. I ran home under the rain." 

"How could you do such a thing?" Baek entered the room with puffy eyes. 

"Why are you red? Come with me!" Sehun dragged Baek out. 
Luhan chuckled, "Cute!" his voice got a lot unstable. 

"You need medicines, I'll go and bring something." Kyungsoo excused himself and walked out. 

"Aren't the kids weird these days?" Xiumin wondered, Luhan nodded and coughed. 
"But you shouldn't have done that!" he added. 

"Love's positive energy?" Luhan said smiling. 

"You're getting paler, please rest, hyung." Kai said covering his hyung and walking out. 
He searched for Baek and once he found him, he was really going for a scold but changed his mind at the sight of the other sitting so helpless... So broken... So scared... 
He never saw that side of Baekhyun before. He looked like a lost kid. A lonely one on top of that. 
He sat beside him silently. 
After few quiet moments, Baek decided to speak up, 
"This place... Us... Everything... He- ..." Kai took the boy in his arms as he started crying. 
He didn't really know what to say or do. 
No one can stop it. 
Death... 
When was death stoppable? 

Kyungsoo came back and handled Sehun the medicines. 
"Don't let anyone in. Let me sleep till I wake up on my own." 
They heard Kyungsoo telling Sehun. They stood up and walked to him. "What are you planning to do?" Kai asked. 
"I'll try talking to her. She knows the missing part. She- ..." Tao covered Soo's mouth and lead them to the room. 
"Are you crazy? What if someone heard?" 
They nodded and locked the door. 

"So you're thinking of asking the grandmother who is dead and probably not herself now, why is she taking Luhan's life?" 
Sehun asked. Baekhyun pointed at Sehun and crossed his arms supporting the question. 

"She said *save him*! There must be something behind that!" 

"Won't you get hurt?" Tao had a sad look in his eyes. 

"It's just a dream.." Kyungsoo replied smiling at Tao assuring him. 

"WELL? BECAUSE OF *JUST A DREAM* I'M LOSING MY FAV. HYUNG DAMMIT!!!" Baek blurted out and fell to the floor bursting in tears. 

Not judging but shocked. They stared at him in awe. Baekhyun is really falling apart. 
Kai sat beside him and pulled him in his embrace. 
Kyungsoo cleared his throat and laid on the floor, "Okay... I'm going now." he said sleeping on his back. 
Baek tried to breath fairly still resting on Kai's chest. 
Everyone remained calm. 
Kyungsoo struggled a bit but then got to the other side... 

He found himself behind the tree, the familiar tree he befriended for a while now. But the view before him was surely not what he saw before. He caught a hint of the white cloak. He could feel his heart beating a little heavier. Hesitating, he let go of the tree and breathed deeply. The woman turned quickly at Kyungsoo. 
He felt cold... Cold and empty. He remembered a couple of nights ago when Baek cried in his sleep mumbling Luhan's name... How Luhan looked an hour ago. 
Braving up, Kyungsoo looked at the woman showing her himself, he stood in front of the tree. The woman faced him, he didn't move. 
Her face softened a bit, he relaxed too. 
"I'm Luhan's- ..." he was interrupted by a sudden move. The woman still facing him, but everything around them is changing. Her features are softening more and more. Then she stepped aside making the view clearer for him. 
It was... Her own house. 
It looked abounded but beautiful, surrounded by all different green. Yellow-green. Just beautiful. 
He heard sobbing. 

He walked around the house and hid himself once he saw who was crying. 
It was Luhan. And he was wearing the outfit specially prepared for an event four months ago. The outfit is unique, Kyungsoo recognized it immediately. 
So he's been coming here? 
Luhan... 
He never let go if his grandmother? 
Yes, he loved the woman crazily but by that time it was over a year after her death. 
Kyungsoo sighed. 
The woman appeared once more but this time with pleading-sad eyes. 
She touched Kyungsoo's hand then she smiled and took a step back. 
Fading...  
Kyungsoo woke up.

He sat straight and took the water Tao offered. 
"She wants us to help him." 

"Yeah... The missing part?" Sehun asked. 

"He didn't let her go ever since she died. He's been going to her house and crying his heart out...
She wants him to let go of her. 
It was like... Like she has to take his life if he didn't live properly." 

Kai nodded, "He didn't accept her death..." 

Kyungsoo nodded. 

"How are we going to do it?" Tao asked. 

"Now comes his girlfriend's part." 

"Yes..." 

~~~~~
"So, what are you going to say again?" Kyungsoo repeated the question for the third time in a row. 
"Seriously! Call it off, Soo! He's not a kid, he knows how he'll settle it with her!" Baek defended Kai who took quick final look at his reflection in the mirror. 
"You just need to tell her that there's no much time left. If he won't let go, he'll be dragged... Anyhow, it's time to do what we started this whole thing for." Sehun said. 

"Yes, why we did this and why she became his girlfriend from the very start." Baek mumbled. 

Kai nodded, "I get it, guys! See you later!" 

"It was settled?" A shocked mixed with sad voice came from behind them. 

Baek froze with his back turned at the talker. 

Kyungsoo took one step forward and received, "Don't!" from him.  

Luhan stood there giving each one a killing look. 
"Behind my back? ... I-it was settled?"