Quest

A Winter Secret

"Master, I come before you with the one thing that you desire." A man, cloaked in a long black coat bowed at the male sitting on the throne. His brown eyes held no emotion.

"And that is?" The man on the throne enquired, puzzled and amused. He was blessed with copper red locks and amber eyes, wearing just a simple tunic made of cow's skin and cotton.

"I found her; the one you have been looking for." The said master rose to his feet. His face contorted into one of shock and filled with worry. He stammered, couldn't lace his words properly into coherent sentences.

"Whe-where-where is she?"

Silence. And then, a bitter laughter echoed through the hallways.

"Answer me!" The man flared up, his rage caused the room temperature to rise rapidly. Thus causing the snow outside his mansion to melt into puddles of water.

His hands grabbed his servant's throat, cutting off his air supply. "Where is she..." He grunted lowly. His servant's face turned blue from the lack of oxygen; he grasp at his master's hands, attempting to pry it away from his neck as he choked out the answer he lived to hear.

"The-the village by the mountains." His voice squeaked. The hold on his poor neck loosened and the servant fell to the ground, heaving in deep breathes of air.

"The mountains... That's where she is..." The master mumbled to himself. As for the servant, he just laid down on the ground, panting. His plan failed again.

"Oh, that was a lovely performance I see here." Applause filled the air. The duo turned around to face the entrance of this mansion.

A young man, clad in just a white shirt and black pants came walking in. His footsteps were light and it brought in the cold from the outside world. He had a head full of salmon pink hair and his eyes held a mischievous light to it. 

He grinned at their reactions. "So what's the occasion here, brothers?"

"You do not group me with yourself, you imbecile creature of winter." The master said to the man who just welcomed himself into his abode. His golden eyes glowered, glaring at the young male. 

The intruder's expression darkened immediately. "Well, aren't you getting too cocky, brother." He sneered at him, heading towards the couch in the room; he made himself comfortable on the seats.

His eyes suddenly turned from black into a light shade of blue. "You should get rid of that bad temper of yours before you hurt someone. For example, that girl." And suddenly, ice encased the throne; all but the male sitting on it. As though there is a volcano in this vicinity, a strong heat wave pulsated, causing houses in the area to collapse and the snow to melt. His golden eyes turned ruby red as he felt his fangs growing longer, threatening to prick his lips.

"Why you insolent lizard-" "Yea, yea, you're gonna insult me over and over again. And then throw me out, then threaten to banish me. Never did happen." The ice caster cut him off. He then look around the palace of hot tempered male, admiring the wealth he had.

"Get out, you cold hearted beast! Out of my place!" The golden eyed male hissed. Once again, the room temperature began to rise again and that is left to be cooled by the male with cold steel blue eyes. He whistled a low tune as he said, "don't say I didn't warn you, brother." Before the young male walked out of the house, leaving behind a thin trail of wet snow.

The two men in the house just stared at him as he made his way out into the snow. The servant had forgotten all about his master's attempt to strangle him and he approached the still angry male. 

"Master, what do we do now?" He asked, his head bowed lowly. Although this master of his maybe hot tempered and impulsive, he is one of the nicer few in their world. The young master opened his mouth to answer his question, only to stop halfway.

He pondered for a moment before he shared his final decision with the brown-eyed male. 

The young servant headed out once again; the cold wind ruffled his golden brown hair and tickled his bare skin. But this time, he is not alone. His master is accompanying him in spirit. A pendant made of pure gold hung on his neck. In his pockets, there it hid a stake. He is once again out for another mission that his master has given him.

"Kill him, kill the Pyry."

---

Author's note:

Hey friends! It has been a while since I posted a chapter. I apologise for this delay. >.< I was busy with my school homework and stuffs. So, it's gonna be 2015 soon. So Happy New Year's Eve, everybody! And yea, so how have you guys been though? Like Christmas and Boxing Day. I spent those 2 days overseas(Yes, I actually went overseas in a day and came back on the same day with my family.) and helping out at an agency. Yea, that is about it I guess.

Well, since the new year is going to start soon. I should just warn you in advance first. Well, I am going to have a major national exam at the end of this year. (well, I have one of the papers set somewhere in June) So that means that I might not be able to update a lot this year. Maybe more often in the holidays here, but I am not so sure as of now. And well, if I am on hiatus for a long period of time, please understand my circumstances. This exam can pretty much ruin my future. So.... yea... I apologise in advance.

Anyways, putting this thing aside, I hope that you guys have enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if it is a bit confusing, if you still don't really get it, just send me a private message or comment so that I can edit or make it easier to comprehend. Well, that is about it.

So until next time. :)

-Blue