Possessed

A Winter Secret

To say I was freaked out is an understatement. I was terrified. Those words sent chills down my spine and goosebumps all over my bare skin. I looked around, no one was there. Instead, I saw a long dark shadow casted upon the ground. It slowly edges closer to me. 

Fear overcame me. I screamed; hoping for someone to chase away that monster whose shadow has been casted on the floor. Moments passed yet no one came to my rescue.

I couldn't wait that long. I hastily looked around and saw something that can be a good enough weapon; the scented candle on the top of the shelf. The liquidified wax was collected in a small container, it seemed to be a good weapon. 

I stood tall on my two feet. My heart was racing; limbs were shivering; my chest kept heaving up and down. I let out a loud war cry as the shadow crept closer to my toes and toppled the wax over the shadow.

The fluid came in contact with the shadow and it simply dispersed into thin air. I was glad for that creature is gone. But its words haunt me still.

But I couldn't care less as of now. I felt my head spinning, my body felt lighter. All I see is just white light painting my once-clear vision. 

And all turns black.

When I woke up, I was laying in bed and was feeling something that is definitely not normal. I recalled about that jewellery bounded on my ankle. I quickly sat up and tried to ripped the white pearl anklet off my legs but to no avail. I scratch the tattoo as well, in an attempt to get rid of it.

But still, instead of it being removed away like my skin, it remained there.

My legs were bleeding red hot liquid, staining the white bed sheets.

My heart is burning with a desire to see red. I was overall satisfied with the redness of the blood that seeped into the bed sheet, painting it a gorgeous crimsom hue. But definitely, I wasn't all that satisfied. These is this desire, from the pit of my stomach; it beckoned me to use the axe that lay in the tools room of the house to find more sources of blood.

My mind reasoned that it is not right. But at that point of time, the desire and ecstacy won over reasoning and my heart took over my mind. I headed for the room and came out of it after getting my desired item.

The blade was sharpened regularly, just a touch of my fingers on the blade and a fine line of blood oozed out. It's perfect. I peered out of the window. Snow has encased all the houses. Dim light illuminated from within each warm haven. That's sad, isn't it? All my dolls are hiding away from me. I sat down on the bed, I raised the axe up high above my head.

I slowly released my hold on the wooden grip. Only then did I felt a change in myself. I shouldn't be doing this at all. But come again, it was all too late.

I had already released my hold on the axe and there it goes.

Falling... Falling... Falling...

---

Author's note:

Hey there friends! I am back from a week of busy schedules and stuffs! Well, I hope I didn't take too long though... I was rather busy these days cos of the upcoming open house of my school and trainings. Well, I finished my engineering course on last Monday and Tuesday, it was extremely fun and I totally didn't expect it to be this interesting. I am going to spare the details cos I have no idea where to start. But yeap, it was really enjoyable and I learnt a lot. Yay to learning new things! 

Anyways, tomorrow is going to be my last training before we break for holidays. It's going to be a challenge since my school will be having a friendly match with another school which is quite strong. But after that, I probably will update more often I guess? 

Okay, I am going to end this off with a thank you to those who have read, subscribed and commented. Really love you all. (No kidding.) And I guess I will see you guys again in the next update.

-Blue