Perfect.

Never A Happy Ending.

Chanyeol woke up in a cold sweat, gasping for air and grasping onto his chest. He sat up in his dark room and felt tears fall from his eyes mixing with the sweat covering his cheeks. He looked around in a panic, taking in the dark and hoping that it was just a dream. He jumped out of bed and ran over to Kris’s room, almost falling over his own feet on the way. He opened the door without knocking and jumped on Kris’s bed waking him. Kris, unlike Chanyeol was a light sleeper, and the littlest things woke him up, and Chanyeol jumping on him like a wild animal at three in the morning was a horrible way to wake up. When Chanyeol pounced on Kris, Kris’s first instinct was to scream and throw a punch. Luckily for Chanyeol, the punch didn’t connect but he did get pushed off and sent to the hard floor.

“What the hell is your problem!” Kris jumped off his bed and punched Chanyeol, this time it hit him in the arm and Chanyeol fell back, groaning and rubbing where Kris hit him.
“Kris! Kyungsoo! Did he- Is he still alive?”
Kris gave Chanyeol an angry face, and sat down on his bed rubbing his eyes.
“What the hell are you talking about?”
Chanyeol jumped up and grabbed Kris’s shoulders shaking him.
“Kyungsoo! Is he okay?”
Kris blinked then pushed Chanyeol away from him.
“Why are you asking me this? I already told you not even Dr. Kim could go in his room anymore.”
Chanyeol let out a heavy breath of relief, so it was just a dream. Kyungsoo was okay; well…he was still alive anyway.
“I had a nightmare…and I need to see Kyungsoo as soon as possible.”
Kris rolled his eyes and laid back on his bed.  
“You know that’s impossible dude, Kyungsoo is on major lock down. No one can see him.”
Chanyeol sat on the floor, crossing his legs, thinking about how he could get in to see Kyungsoo. He could try and sneak in, but him being six foot one he didn’t think it’d be possible. Maybe he could pay someone to distract the bulldozer twins and Dr. Kim? But Chanyeol didn’t have much money.
He heard Kris sigh and sit up.
“I’ll help you.” Chanyeol’s whole face lit up and he practically leaped on Kris again.
“Oh get off me you overgrown puppy.” He laughed as Chanyeol sat at the end of his bed with a big smile on his face.  “I’ll help you see him. I don’t like seeing you mope around and I don’t agree with the doctor’s methods.”

 

Sundays were the only days Dr. Kim didn’t go to work, and it took Kris asking out one of the nurses to help get Chanyeol in the hospital without the bulldozer twins seeing him. Chanyeol took a deep breath and opened the door to Kyungsoo’s room. He saw a little lump in the bed, under his covers, but he didn’t say anything. Kyungsoo didn’t move and Chanyeol felt like his feet were glued to the floor where he stood.
“Get out.”
His voice was soft, and Chanyeol finally got the courage to walk closer.
“I said get out. I’ll scream again if you don’t leave now.”
Chanyeol stayed quiet and sat down in the chair he always did, next to Kyungsoo’s bed.
“I said get out! I don’t want to hear your lie-“
Kyungsoo jumped up and stopped when he saw Chanyeol, his eyes grew big and teary. The both stared at each other until Kyungsoo jumped over and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol. Chanyeol pulled him as close as he could and dug his face into Kyungsoo’s neck. He could feel Kyungsoo shake, and dig his nails into Chanyeol’s back, but he didn’t care. He had Kyungsoo in his arms and that’s all he cared about. Being away from him for weeks was torture and now he had him back.
Kyungsoo pulled back and grabbed Chanyeol’s face.
“I knew you’d be back. I knew he was lying.” He whispered and stared into Chanyeol’s eyes, they were tears running down his cheeks. Chanyeol leaned forward and kissed Kyungsoo over and over again long and hard, until both of them were gasping for breath. He could kiss Kyungsoo forever, but he knew he didn’t have much time before Kris would tell him they had to go, so he pulled away.
“Kyungsoo, listen to me okay?” He grabbed Kyungsoo’s face and wiped his tears with his thumbs. “I will never leave you, but I can’t stay for too long. Your uncle doesn’t want me near you.”
Kyungsoo nodded, then put his hands over Chanyeol’s, squeezing them and closed his eyes.
“My uncle never wants anyone too close to me.”
Chanyeol started rubbing circles over Kyungsoo’s cheeks.
“Why?”
Kyungsoo opened his eyes and stared at Chanyeol for a while. He really wanted to just get Kyungsoo out of there, but he knew that they would come looking for both of them, and it wouldn’t be good for either of them.
“My uncle hates my parents and takes it out on me. He made them believe I was crazy to get back at them. I didn’t know any of this till my mom came to see me the other day and told me that it was Dr. Kim who suggested I be in here, that he gave them the medicine to put into my food everyday since I was little.”
Kyungsoo leaned forward and kissed Chanyeol again, tears running down his face.
“Chanyeol, he has done this to me. He is why I felt like I was in a nightmare, it’s because of him I wanted to kill myself.”
Chanyeol felt himself getting angry, his blood was starting to boil and he really wanted to kick the crap out of Dr. Kim for doing this to Kyungsoo. It was bull to take so much anger out on his nephew.
Then there was a knock on the door and Kyungsoo leaped off of Chanyeol. Chanyeol stood up and was ready to pounce, but then Kris walked in with a nurse clinging to his arm.
“Times up, we have to go now.” Chanyeol nodded then bent over to Kyungsoo, and kissed him one more time.
“I’ll be back soon, I promise.”
Kyungsoo nodded then pulled Chanyeol down again and kissed him hard.
“I love you.” He whispered and pecked Chanyeol’s lips again before pushing him out of his room, without letting Chanyeol reply.
Kris had to drag Chanyeol out of the hospital because he was trying to run back to Kyungsoo saying.
“I have to say it back.”
But Kris didn’t let him go until they were in his car driving back to their apartment.

 

Chanyeol got Kris to dig up more information on Kyungsoo VIA Kris new nurse girlfriend, well more like the girl who now loved Kris and he was too nice to say he wasn’t interested, but Chanyeol liked to call her his girlfriend. He got Kyungsoo’s parents numbers and tried calling them, but they were both too busy to really answer, so instead Chanyeol just wrote letters to Kyungsoo and gave them to Kris who would give them to his girlfriend to give to Kyungsoo.
Kyungsoo would always write back with. “I love you.” Or “I miss you.” Or the best one yet was “I miss your fat Cheeto fingers.”
 

Chanyeol was in class, writing notes and borderline falling asleep when Dr. Kim walked in. The Professor stopped in the middle of his sentence and looked confused and visibly irritated at Dr. Kim.
“Yes, can I help you?”
Dr. Kim looked around the room and spotted Chanyeol, who was trying to slide down his seat and hide.
“I need Mr. Park right now.”
The Professor let out a deep sigh.
“We are in the middle of lecture maybe-“
Dr. Kim cut him off.
“I need him right now.”
Chanyeol got up from his chair and walked over, apologizing to his professor and following Dr. Kim into the hallway. Chanyeol wasn’t expecting the hard slap across the face he got, but he took it the best he could.
“How dare you sneak in to see Kyungsoo when I banned you from ever seeing him again! You stay away from him do you hear me? Or I swear I’ll get you kicked out of this school!”
It took everything he had not to punch Dr. Kim square in the jaw and just nod like and idiot. He watched Dr. Kim stomp away and he walked back into class, taking his seat, with everyone looking at his very red cheek. He ignored the stares and wrote notes until class ended and he walked to the cafeteria. Kris was sitting at Chanyeol’s usual table with his nurse girlfriend, nodding along to whatever she was saying. Chanyeol took a seat in front of them and touched his cheek. It hurt really badly that damn Dr. Kim had a really heavy hand.
“Wow, what happened to you?”
He looked over at Kris and stuck his tongue out.
“I got slapped by Kyungsoo’s uncle.” 

Kris tried not to laugh, but his girlfriend sure didn’t hold back. She covered and let out a small snort.
“I’m sorry!” she breathed out between laughs and trying to catch her breath. Chanyeol glared at her and Kris just smiled. When she noticed Chanyeol’s glare she looked a little scared then excused herself. When she was out of the cafeteria Chanyeol smacked Kris on his arm.
“When are you going to break up with her?” Chanyeol demanded
Kris just laughed and shrugged his shoulders.
“I don’t know man, she’s kind of cute, besides she wouldn’t have gave me this if I broke up with her.”
Kris pulled out a small piece of paper from his pocket and handed it over to Chanyeol.
“Yeah, you’re right. Both of you should just get married and she can snort her vows at you.”
Kris punched Chanyeol in the arm.
“Hey shut up, I think it’s cute.”
Chanyeol laughed and rubbed his arm.
“Yeah, sounding like a piglet is adorable.”
Kris went to hit him again but then just got up picking up his food.
“Yeah, I seem to remember Baekhyun use to snort when you made him laugh too.”
Chanyeol jumped up.
“I told you not to bring him up!”
Kris rolled his eyes and walked off, and left Chanyeol to his note. Chanyeol practically ripped it open.
“My mom came yesterday. She said that you keep calling her and she got worried. I told her everything and she was more accepting than usual…
She’s going to talk to my uncle. She might try and get me out, then we can be together right?’
I love you.”

 

When Chanyeol got home he decided to call Mrs. Do, but instead of her answering it was Kyungsoo’s dad. Chanyeol had never spoken to him before.
“Chanyeol?”
Chanyeol coughed then nodded as if Mr. Do could see him.
“Yes sir, this is Chanyeol.”
“You are the man my son is grown fond of.”
Chanyeol nodded again.
“Yes sir.”
Mr. Do let out a deep sigh.
“His mother is getting him out of the hospital tomorrow. I’m sure you’ve heard of everything his uncle has done and don’t think we will let it go unpunished.”
Chanyeol caught himself playing with his fingers, just like Kyungsoo does and smiled to himself.
“Sir, I’m sorry Im not entirely informed on why Dr. Kim has done this to Kyungsoo, and I would really care to know, if it isn’t too much trouble.”
Mr. Do let out another deep sigh.
“Dr. Kim has never really cared for me. He didn’t want me to marry his sister, and when I did he was furious. He practically protested our wedding, and then when Kyungsoo was born he was even more angered. At a young age Kyungsoo couldn’t pay attention well, and was extremely hyperactive. We got complaints from his school and my wife asked her brother for help. I told her it was a bad idea, especially when he suggested putting these medicines in Kyungsoo’s food without his knowledge, but my wife was desperate. Kyungsoo’s behavior got better, so we both thought that her brother had turned a new leaf, we really did.” Dr. Kim got silent for a second then continued. “ Then when Kyungsoo was older he started to have panic attacks, and tried to kill himself. My wife and I panicked and when her brother suggested putting him in the hospital we practically threw him in there. We were scared, our son was so destructive and it was all our fault.”
Chanyeol didn’t know what to say, so he just stayed silent until Mr. Do spoke again.
“Please take care of my son.”

 

Kyungsoo’s mother went to the hospital the next day and demanded for her son. Dr. Kim tried to talk her out of it, but she didn’t give in this time. When he finally agreed to let Kyungsoo out he told her he would need lots of medicine to keep his depression at bay, but she just yelled that she didn’t need anything more from him and stormed out. She had Kyungsoo get everything out of his room and finally leave it behind for good. He walked out of that hospital for the last time, and outside waiting for him was a very concerned looking Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn’t want to do anything inappropriate in front of Kyungsoo’s mother, but that didn’t stop Kyungsoo from running to Chanyeol and kissing him.
“I love you Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol laughed in between Kyungsoo kissing him.
“I know.” Kyungsoo laughed.

Kyungsoo still had his episodes, and shut down sometimes, but it just took Chanyeol and his fat fingers to get Kyungsoo smiling again. Kyungsoo wasn’t perfect, not even a little bit, but he fit into Chanyeol’s perfect world more than anyone else, because to Chanyeol, Kyungsoo was perfect and that was all that mattered. 

 

 

 

 

-

Sorry this chapter isnt betaed so if you see any mistakes I appologize. 
Also I'm sorry if this ending isnt satisfiying, I really didnt have a happy ending planned. 
I also went with the cliche of waking up from a bad dream (the bad dream being Kyungsoo killing himself) 
But now this fic is offical done. If it wasnt obvious this was my first ever fic written! 
Thank you for reading <3