Wake up

Never A Happy Ending.

Chanyeol was so angry; he out and only came to when Dr. Kim was on the floor holding his bloody nose and Security pulled Chanyeol out of the room. They threw him on the floor outside of the hospital and watched until he walked away, mumbling things under his breath like “Be glad there are two of you.” And “I was about to open a can of whoop on that stupid Doctor.” He walked to his car and took a deep breath, he wanted to go back and run to Kyungsoo’s room, but with the human bulldozer twins at the doors of the hospital, Chanyeol was pretty sure that would end very badly. Instead he voted on going home for the day and calling Dr. Kim tomorrow, maybe he would forgive Chanyeol, and let him see Kyungsoo again. In all honestly, he knew that wouldn’t happen, people tend to hold grudges after you form a romantic relationship with their nephews and then break their noses, but Kyungsoo was worth trying for.

The next day Chanyeol called and as soon as he said his name, Dr. Kim hung up. He mentally kicked himself, and then physically though himself on to the couch next to Kris, his roommate and best friend. Kris was also the person who told him about Dr. Kim’s intern position, he works in the psychiatric department too, but he was a Pharmacy assistant.  Kris looked over as Chanyeol pushed his head into the couch and let out a loud groan, he wanted to ignore him but instead petted Chanyeol’s head.
“What’s up?”
Chanyeol jumped up and sat on the chair normally, taking Kris’s drink off the coffee table and taking a big gulp.
“That was-“
“Kris, I did something stupid.” Chanyeol put the drink back on the table, and Kris’s eyes followed and watched in disgusted for a minute before answering Chanyeol’s obvious plea for sympathy.
“What did you do?”
Chanyeol sighed and leaned his head back so he could look up at the ceiling.”
“Do you know a patient by the name of Do Kyungsoo?”
Kris nodded and went back to flipping through prescriptions he had scattered on the table.
“Dr. Kim’s nephew? Yes, why?”
Chanyeol jumped up and flung his lanky arms in the air, almost hitting Kris in the head.
“Does everyone know that’s his nephew?”
Kris looked over at Chanyeol and bit his lip.
“Well I guess not huh?”
Chanyeol sighed and brushed his hands through his hair, then tugging on it. Was he really this stupid? Was that a common fact and he just too blind to have noticed it before?
“Honestly, I only know him because the Doctor gives him a lot of depression medications and sedatives.”
Kris dug through his pile then grabbed one of his prescriptions. “See, Do Kyungsoo.” He pointed to the paper and Chanyeol leaned forward carefully reading over it.  “He takes depression medications in the morning, and if he gets to excited we are ordered to give him a sedative.” Kris handed the paper to Chanyeol for him to look over himself. “Dr. Kim is very powerful so we don’t say much, plus I think his parents gave it to him before he was in the hospital. Kyungsoo has ADHD and was very hyperactive when he was younger, so his parents would sneak the pills without him knowing.”
Then it hit Chanyeol; Kyungsoo was taking these pills his whole life. That’s why Kyungsoo always felt like he was in a nightmare.
“Chanyeol.”
Kris nudged his shoulder, getting his attention again. “Is Kyungsoo the stupid thing you did?”
Chanyeol nodded and Kris just sighed at him.
“I kissed him…a lot. I like him, and I’m pretty sure he likes me too. Dr. Kim found out and kicked me out of his office. I’m not allowed back their anymore.”
Kris nodded again, and started to pick up all of the papers he had on the table. Chanyeol watched him for a minute before he got an idea, maybe Kris could play owl on Monday. He could get in touch with Kyungsoo for him and tell him that he was kicked out, but he’ll be back!
“Kris! My buddy, my pal.”
Kris furrowed his eyebrow.
“Can you give Kyungsoo a message for me?”

 

That Monday Chanyeol was following his daily schedule without Dr. Kim, and it felt a lot lighter. He still had loads of work to do, but without his solo session notes, and paper work he had to do, his classes in the hospital felt like a walk in the park. He still walked past the doors to the Psychiatric department at least once, where the bulldozer twins were standing. They would make eye contact and Chanyeol would get a nasty shiver, then run away and pretend he wasn’t even interested.
During his lunch, Chanyeol sat alone on a table and clicked through his phone waiting for Kris to text him say  “DID IT” or “DONE TALKED TO YOUR BOYFRIEND HE MISSES YOU.” Anything, he really just wanted to know that Kyungsoo knew that he didn’t leave him that he would never leave him. He was in his own little world; thinking about how it would be like if he and Kyungsoo went out on a real date, when hands slammed on the table. He jumped at looked up to a small woman, with big eyes and dark hair. She looked angry, and he quickly got up.
“Are you Park Chanyeol?” she asked, her voice sounded way more calm then her face. He was intimidated, but he nodded.
She let out a sigh and then glared at him.
“I am Kyungsoo’s mother.” Chanyeol gulped. “And I do not appreciate what you did to my son.”
Chanyeol started to scramble in thought, what was he suppose to do or say right now? He looked around panicking, his arms doing weird flailing movements.
“I-. Ma’am, I can explain.”
She shook her head.
“Explain that you just messed with my sons emotions then dropped him like nothing? He is a sensitive boy! An ignorant playboy like yourself needs to stay away from him!”
Chanyeol stopped flailing his arms, and looked at her seriously. Her words hit him, and he honestly felt offended.
“Ma’am, I would never drop Kyungsoo.”
She scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest.
“Then why was he crying to me about you?”
Chanyeol’s heart sank, and his eyes started to sting a little. Kyungsoo crying over him?
“Dr. Kim ordered me to stay away from him and had me banned so I couldn’t go back. I would never leave Kyungsoo.”
They both stared at each other, and Chanyeol saw the ice start to melt from Mrs. Do’s expression. He took a deep breath, and asked her to sit down, but she just shook her head. Then he decided to ask her if maybe she could tell him that he was still there, even if Kris had already told him at least he’d hear it twice.
“Can you tell Kyungsoo I didn’t leave him?”
She looked up at him, a little confused.
“He doesn’t want to see anyone. He told me that you left him and then kicked me out of his room. Dr. Kim, my brother, also said it’d be best to leave him alone for a while.”
Chanyeol sighed and nodded. That meant that Kris probably didn’t get to tell Kyungsoo either. Mrs. Do then smiled at Chanyeol, and it reminded him so much of Kyungsoo.
“I’m sure we will hear from him soon.”

 

But she was wrong, so very wrong. Kris came home and told Chanyeol that no one was allowed to see Kyungsoo, except Dr. Kim. Chanyeol was worried, but kept it to himself. A week went by and nothing, no updates, only every once in a while Kris would see Kyungsoo out for a couple of minutes then he’d go back to his room. He looked sad and Chanyeol wished that he could go and see him so bad.
Then all of a sudden Kris told Chanyeol that Dr. Kim had upped Kyungsoo’s already ridiculous meds.
“Dr. Kim has too much personal attachment to Kyungsoo as well, and the more depressed he gets, the more he wants to shove meds down his throat.”
Chanyeol tried to run into the Psychiatric department that next day, but the bulldozer twins got him, and bruised him up some.
Then Kris came with more updates.
“Dr. Kim can’t even go into Kyungsoo’s room anymore. Every time he opens the door, Kyungsoo screams and all the nurses go running. He’s getting bad and I don’t think even Dr. Kim knows what to do anymore.”

Chanyeol cried that night, he hadn’t cried in such a long time, but he couldn’t hold it back anymore. He wanted, no needed to see Kyungsoo. He needed to hold him and tell him that he was there, that he would never leave him. Chanyeol started to feel like his perfect world was falling apart all because of a small patient with big eyes that he couldn’t resist.

 

Kyungsoo’s last night was filled with tears and screaming into his pillow. The nightmare was getting worse, so much worse. Everything felt so horrible he couldn’t take it anymore. His uncle had told him how Chanyeol has quit his job because he couldn’t handle this fake relationship with Kyungsoo anymore, and it hurt so much. Kyungsoo had never opened up to anyone before, especially not in a romantic way. He thought the kisses and time they spent together meant something, but it was only a game to Chanyeol. Kyungsoo couldn’t blame him though, Kyungsoo was broken, imperfect, and Chanyeol was perfect. Chanyeol was the perfect guy, living in his perfect world and Kyungsoo was never meant for anything like that, how could he even think that he would fit in. Maybe Kyungsoo was crazy, maybe Kyungsoo was in there for a reason…
No. Kyungsoo was not crazy; he was just in a nightmare. He was asleep and this time he would wake up, and he wouldn’t mess up, he wouldn’t get caught, no one could stop him this time.
He had saved the pills he had been skipping ever since he met Chanyeol, just incase, and now it was time to wake up. He opened his drawer and pulled up the fake bottom, his pills in a little plastic bag all ready for him, enough to wake up. But before he did, he pulled out one of Chanyeol’s note pads he left in Kyungsoo’s room and wrote something down.
Then Kyungsoo finally woke up

 

That night Chanyeol got a call at three a.m. and his blood went cold. Chanyeol’s life was perfect, he always had friends, he was always doing great, he was handsome, and he always got what he wanted, and right now all he wanted was Kyungsoo. He wanted Kyungsoo to get out of their and be with him, so they could go on dates, and cuddle and Chanyeol could kiss Kyungsoo until he was gasping for air, but right now it was only Chanyeol who was gasping for air. He started feeling panic, tears were falling down his face, and he felt like he couldn’t breathe. He didn’t know he was screaming until Kris barged into his room, panicking to find the lights, only to see Chanyeol on the floor clutching his face.

Chanyeol’s life would never be perfect again, not without Kyungsoo.

 

His last words were ones only Chanyeol really understood.

“I am going to wake up now.” 

 

 

-

I had this story planned for a long time and a happy ending was never part of my plan. 
But becasue even my beta (Sora) was angry at my ending i'm thinking about an alternative ending.
Again thank you Sora for fixing it up. 
If you do want a happy ending let me know and I'll consider it.