An okay beginning.

Never A Happy Ending.

He always had friends, he was always doing great, he was handsome, and always got what he wanted. He was perfect. Everyone knew him, and everyone knew that if he wanted something he would get it. His parents wanted a perfect child and they got it in him. His parents wanted a doctor as their son, so he studied to be one. He would make his parents proud, if it was the last thing he did. His name was Park Chanyeol, a perfect man in an imperfect world. 

When his best friend told him about a highly recommended doctor in the hospital they practiced at was looking for an intern to take under his wing he jumped at the opportunity. This particular doctor worked in the psychiatric ward; Chanyeol was never big on psychology but he was always up to learning more. Doctor Kim had obviously heard of Chanyeol, everyone had heard of Chanyeol, he was the top of his class and known for being a bit loud, so when he walked into Doctor Kim's office he immediately gave Chanyeol his schedule. 
"You'll be with me on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. You can follow me during my rounds; I have solo evaluations from 2 to 4 on Monday and Wednesday, after I just fill out the paperwork on each patient I see. On Saturdays is group evaluations, usually it’s just the younger patients only, but sometimes we mix them together." Chanyeol looked over the schedule
 then looked back up at Doctor Kim. "Is there anything else I need besides this, sir? Do I have to know anything in particular while I follow you?" Doctor Kim hummed then bent down and fished something out of his desk. 
"Here." 
He handed Chanyeol another piece of paper, with names and notes written next to them. 
"These are the patients that I see in solo, get to know them so when we go for evaluations you won't be surprised." 
Chanyeol nodded and gave the Doctor a smile. 
"Any more questions?" 
He shook his head.
 "Okay then, I'll see you Monday." 

Chanyeol bowed then backed out of his office.

 

Monday and Wednesday with Doctor Kim went by like a dream. He followed, asked the right amount of questions, was praised for his good notes, and even helped write out some of the paper work. It was Saturday when everything started.

Chanyeol sat next to the doctor in the far corner of the room while a group of maybe ten young people walked in and sat in the chairs set up in a circle. There was a counselor sitting with them doing all the talking and calling everyone by name, asking them how they have been and what they were feeling.
“This is a safe place, you can share with the group and it will stay with the group,” he started. And that’s when he looked up for the first time; his big eyes caught Chanyeol’s attention. He was smaller than almost everyone in the group, he was quiet the whole introduction, and quiet while some of the other young people spoke and told their stories, but when the counselor called for his attention and asked why he was looking so sad, he smirked.
“Well sir.” He started, staring straight at the counselor, causing him to swallow hard. “You want to know why I'm so sad?” He laughed and crossed his legs, his big eyes still staring holes into the counselor’s face.
“I’m not sad. I don't think I've ever been sad. I've been depressed if that’s what you mean, it’s a little more than being sad, but you should know that.”
The other patients laughed under their breaths, and the counselor looked bothered, but the boy continued.
“I just feel like life has no hope, and I want nothing more than to wake up from this hellish nightmare that I’m in, but I can't. I’m not sad, and I'm not crazy, so I have no idea why I’m here. There are lots of people that are depressed. Where are they? It’s not fair.”

“But those people never tried to commit suicide Kyungsoo.”
Doctor Kim interrupted. “That’s why you’re here, because you continuously try and your parents wanted you to get help.”
“Whatever, I’m not crazy, I’m just aware of the horrors life has to offer and I see them vividly, so I felt it justified to try and end it all before it got worse.”
This time when Kyungsoo looked up, he looked over at Chanyeol and his breath stopped. Chanyeol felt like someone had dropped ice water on him.
“But of course I got caught, and my parents threw me in here. I’m not crazy, I’m just different and because of that they are scared of me.”
His eyes never left Chanyeol’s and he felt the blood rushing to his face. So Chanyeol looked down at his clipboard and pretended to write things down.
“Can you believe my own parents are scared of me? It’s kind of ed up, but I get it. I would be scared too if I didn’t understand. I’m not crazy.”
This time he laughed and stood up, making everyone, even Chanyeol, look up at him and he smirked.
“There you know everything, can I go now? I have a bed that needs to be laid in.”
The counselor let out a sigh then looked over at Doctor Kim, who nodded in defeat.

That was the first time Chanyeol saw Kyungsoo.

 

The second time he saw Kyungsoo, he wasn’t as chatty, but Doctor Kim informed him that that’s just how he was. One day he would tell his life story, and the next he wouldn’t even look up. He sat in the circle, in his own little world, his eyes seemed to be glazed over with something Chanyeol couldn’t read. He played with his hands as one of the younger boys in the group spoke about wanting to throw himself out a window when he was only twelve. Chanyeol was only half paying attention because his eyes never left Kyungsoo. He struck Chanyeol’s curiosity, who watched him thinking maybe he would smile or frown or give some sign that he was still in this room with them, but he never did. 

 

 

 

 


The first chapter is short, but they will get longer. I just wanted to get the first chapter out there. 
Thank you to my beta, and Sora for helping me start this off. <3