C H A P T E R 1

Beyond your Imagination

"Help! Help!" 

Tiffany felt hands grabbing her.

"Tiffany! Tiffany!" 

Then she heard her name.

"Wake up!"

Tiffany woke up.

It was all a nightmare.

"What happened?" she heard her dad's voice echoed through her ears.

"Oh, uh what do you mean what happened? I was sleeping awhile ago" 

"You were sleep - talking. Wait no, you were sleep - shouting" her dad said.

"So I was shouting?" Tiffany asked.

"Let me correct you, shouting for help" her dad corrected.

"Oh that was because of, uh— hands" 

"Whose hands?"

"Yours"

"Mine?"

 "Yeah, the moment you tried waking me up, I felt hands grabbing me, so I shouted for help" Tiffany explained.

"Oh sure, I'm sorry"

"But I had a weird dream last night, more like a nightmare"

"You can tell me after school, now hurry up you're going to be late"

——

"Woah, why so pretty today?" Taeyeon asked.

"Uhm, pretty? Not the right word.." Tiffany answered.

"Well, if you add pretty with weird, then it's — BINGO!" Taeyeon replied.

"Weird? In what way am I weird?"

"I don't know, you just look so pale, I'd rather say it's a blank expression though."

"Really? Oh well, that's exactly what I thought. I just had a really weird dream last night. A nightmare."

"Pfffft, nightmares fany ah! We've all had 'em! You're getting weirder, tell me what happened?"

"Sure, but now's not the right time.. It's a long story" Tiffany said.

The school bell rang.

"And recess has only just begun!" Taeyeon hollered, causing the whole class to turn around.

"Whoops, I went a little out of control" Taeyeon giggled and hid her face in embarassment. 

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll tell you.." she sighed. 

——

"So that little creep gave you lollipops?" Taeyeon said in between her laughter. "What kind of nightmare was that?"

"Shh, I'm not finished yet! I told you it was going to be a long story" Tiffany pouted.

"Haha, fine, whatever you say.." Taeyeon giggled.

——

School was over. Students were dismissed at their respective places. Tiffany and Taeyeon parted, and they went back home.

As Tiffany walked, her necklace kept clinging onto her chest. She opened it as soon as she took it off. "Mom must be here with me.." she sighed and smiled a little. Everytime her necklace makes a clinging noise, she believes that her mom is present with her at the time being.  

Just then Tiffany was surrounded by a group of handsome, yet seductive boys. They were carrying a big bottle of soju and each of them had their own glasses. Tiffany stared at her surroundings. She didn't know what to do, but she kept reminding herself to stay calm. One of them stepped forward, grabbed Tiffany's uniform and pulled her closer to him. 

Tiffany tried to shout, but was silenced by the boy.

"Tell me your name, lady" He said seductively, while looking deeply into her eyes. 

They were just inches away. Tiffany could feel his breath and his soju scent.

"Tiffany."

"Tiffany huh?"

Tiffany pulled herself away and looked into his bright eyes very carefully. 

"Listen here, boy— or whoever your name is— you don't know who you're messing with, you don't know who I am" Tiffany blurted out.

He smirked.

"Is that so? Then tell me who you are?"

Tiffany stayed silent for awhile. Because being silent is a great way to let someone know they did wrong. And then she smiled, and gestured for him to handshake with her. 

"Hi, I'm Tiffany, a 17 year - old ordinary school girl, a single child living with no mother, only a father. Here, I'm dealing with a boy who seems to be powerful enough to beat me, and in control of those 11 boys behind him. See the difference?" Tiffany smirked.

He accepted her handshake, replying her smirk.

"Big difference huh? I knew it."

"Now tell me your name" Tiffany said blankly.

"You want to know my name?"

"Fine."

The other boys widened their eyes. He has never told his name to every single girl that has begged him to.

"Hello Tiffany. Allow me to introduce myself." He smirked.

"Just hurry up and tell me your name!" Tiffany lost her patience.

"If you say so."

His smirk went even wider.

"The name's, Luhan."