*Merlin*

*Monster In Me*

~ Kaylee P.O.V ~

Merlin keeps on meowing at me. I stared at him shockingly, how the hell he got here? Ever since the day mommy passed away he has been missing and our efforts on looking for him again dried out when I move to Halmoni’s. I thought I never will see him again but how did he manage to find me here. I really had enough of those freaky stories and things going around me for one day. I scope and carried Merlin to bed with me.

“How you find me Merlin? I missed you dearly... I’m glad you are here.. Even though it’s weird that you are here now... I don’t care!” I hug him close to my chest and he keeps on purring, it seems he had calmed me down a bit and then I fell asleep.

I woke up quite early that morning, after a hot shower, I get ready for school. I went downstairs to find daddy, Halmoni and even Merlin at the table. I greeted them even though I am still sore from yesterday freaky show. I sat beside daddy and Halmoni scoop me a bowl of my favourite abalone porridge.

“Thank you for the food” I ate up, even with my mood swings I still am unable to resist Halmoni’s cooking, it tastes just like mommy.

“Kaylee, today you will not go to school... Aunt Hyori just passed away. They need us there... We will leave after breakfast... and Kay... " he pause before continue,"After this, we really have to talk and I need your undivided attention... Can you at least give me some?” Daddy looks at me with those pleading eyes. How can I even say no to him, I nod agreeing.

We arrived at Hibari’s house. I saw the same old group of people who were there during mommy’s funeral. It was uncle Yoo and his gang. I saw Yuzuyu gathered together with uncle Ilgook and aunt Hyejin. I went over and greeted them.

“After all this is over.. I think it is time to have some discussions..” I overheard daddy whispered to them.

Hibari and uncle Gackt came downstairs to see us all. Yuzuyu and I went over to Hibari to comfort her.

“Hey... I’m sorry...” The three of us hug each other.

“Thanks girls... I have to get through this and I know I will...” Hibari give us a faint smile.

“We know you will!”

Everything went smoothly and according to plan, from the funeral to the cemetery. All ends well. While we were in the car back home a strange thought came to me. I saw aunt Hyori’s coffin were all white which it seems like the same like mommy’s and then there craving, a large perfect circle with a star on it; which is the same like mommy’s too.

“Daddy... is aunt Hyori a witch too?”

“Yes Kay she was, why you asked?”

“Well, she sort of having the same coffin like mommy..”

“Is aunt Hyejin like her too? I mean they were best friends and all..”

“Yes, the three of them is a witch....” Daddy’s face was serious, looking straight at the road while answering my curiosity.

“Kay, we will discuss this later at home...”Halmoni interrupt.

“So.... does Hiba and Yuzu knew all this?” There were a moment of awkward silence. Before daddy were able to speak up, I cut him off.

“They do right? And they didn’t even said anything to me?!” I swear, they going to get it from me. I am so going to vent all my anger at them and for now I am controlling it very well.

 

~ Yuzuyu P.O.V ~

Abi sent mummy and I home first, then he said he need to be somewhere to help an errands for uncle Gackt which he did not say where. We enter our house and mummy seems not to be in her good spirit and I jolly well am able to sense that. I knew that she as getting worried over what had happen, first aunt Chaerin and now aunt Hyori, next will be her obviously.

“Mummy... are you ok?” I take hold of her hand and look at her.

“I am Yuzu... don’t worry...” She force a smiled at me.

“I promised you mummy.. we will get through this ok? I will get and try my very best to get you out of this curse...” I hug her tightly.

“Thank you Yuzu... You never failed to always give me hope...”Mummy kiss me and she walk quietly to her room.

As soon as I enter my room, Helena stretches herself and yawn on my bed. She sure has a good hell of a time alone at home and nap the whole time. She sat up straight on her hind legs looking at me.

“What?” I look back at her.

“What?!” She scowls at me.

Basically we, witches are able to communicate with our pets, not exactly pets but they were called familiar. They are our companions and partners in magic since they are able to assist us in doing magic by giving us an extra energy we need; and so Helena was mine, a Turkish angora breed that is what she told me. She is a caring, prissy, ladylike, kind, curious, spoiled, cute, sarcastic, and feisty and a ditzy cat! Sometimes when times got rough, you just not want to be close to her. How she becomes mine? Long story short, she just happens to pop up in my bedroom on my 18th birthday. The moment she said hello and introduce herself to me, I thought I have gone crazy! Abi and mummy really was having a hard time calming me down while that idiotic cat laughing her whiskers out!

“Ask away... I know your mouth is itching to talk...”

“Hey! It is more of hearing my thought damn you.. anyway... is she dead?”

“Yup! And for Salem’s sake please have some sympathy! Lucky you! Hiba is not here if not sure she’s gonna screw you!” Telepathic nags at Helena while I was searching for something to change to.

“Are you going somewhere?”

“Wanna tag along? To Kaylee’s.... Uncle Seunghyun wanted all of us to be present since he going to tell everything to Kay..”

“Is that cat Merlin gonna be there?”

“Since when you even got an interest in him or did you both ever hook up?”

“Damn you!” She hisses at me and jump out of the bed. I cannot help it but laugh and the way she actually curse me in her head makes me laugh even louder.

“Helena! You!” I yell at her as she on purpose climb on my dressing table and knock over a few of my favourite bottles of perfume.

“Haha! Serve you right!” She ran out of the room and I knew very well where she went, to the open arms of my mummy.

After changing, I quickly went downstairs and I heard Abi is home. He told us to get ready and to bring my book of shadows and of course Helena too, then we off to Kaylee’s. Upon reaching her house, I saw everyone has gathered but except Kay.

“Err... Halmoni, where’s Kay?” I asked.

“Upstairs.. Go get her will you?”

Hibari and I went upstairs. Kaylee was seated at her favourite cosy corner near her window, hugging her knees and looking very sulky.

‘Kay.. Halmoni asked you to go down..” Hibari told her.

“Both of you knew what I was right? And you both didn’t even bother to tell me? Call yourself my best friends and yet you keep something from me? How could you!” She suddenly burst out her anger which we knew this day will come.

“We were force too Kay.. we really don’t have that intention... seriously we are so sorry...” I went over and sat next to her. I saw tears in her eyes and knew how disappointed she was.

“I’m a freak! And I’m scare! Why does it have to be me?”

“But Kay... if you are a freak that makes us too... FYI.. all our mother are witches and they got married to a vampire, an elf and a wizard... and they got you, me and her...” my lengthy explaination must have left her speechless.

“Seriously?!’ she exclaimed.

“Well... we were not supposed to tell you yet... your dad was to be the one to reveal it all... but I guess I can’t wait!” Hibari look at her excitedly.

 

“Tell you what.. After your dad reveal it all later and if you still have unsure things, we promise we will explain all in details... But first, we will need you to explain to us about that nightmare of yours...” She nodded and follow us down. I am glad that Kay is not that type of person whom will be very hard to persuade.