*Aftermath*

*Monster In Me*

The night grew darker as they flee from the disaster. Everyone was feeling so weary and their head was still confused but they cannot stop their track even for a second. The path that Mino leads seems way too far, they keep on walking but all they see in front of them were pine trees and bushes only he knew when they will reach somewhere safer. At last they came to note a secluded log wooden cabin in a middle of the pine forest with a small pavement made of tiny greyish pebbles leading right to the front door of the cabin. As they came nearer, they are able to hear the crashing sounds of the waterfalls, which were right behind the cabin. The view was magnificent with the full moon shine brightly that night.

“I know it’s kind of small and cramp but this is the safest place I could think off.” Mino speaks as he enters the simple with not much furnishings living room. A bedroom located between the living room and small kitchen with open concept. Mino placed Kaylee on a worn sofa next to a window then he covered her with his leather jacket. He look at Kaylee’s drained face looking uneasy. He hopes she will be alright.

“Welcome to my secret hideout..” He turns to rest of the gang and smile wearily.

 Everyone in the room was silent; all of them were in their own deep thought. Hibari was standing by the window looking out anxiously for Maki. Yuzuyu who was sitting next to Miyavi, lean her head on his inviting broad shoulder. All of them were feeling drained and look so haggard. With dirt that covered on half of their clothing plus a few being tattered here and there and there were even splatter of bloods on that could be seen dried on them.

Kaylee slowly rouse and open her eyes when she caught a beautiful perfect feature of a man facing her. She tried to regain her vision and focus hard; she was surprise to see Mino looking at her with his gentle eyes.

“Kaylee, are you ok?”

“You?! How come... am I dreaming again?” Kaylee sit upright and when she saw that her two best friends was there too, looking terrible. She suddenly remembers the tragedy that just happen which she hope that it was all a nightmare.

“Can someone please explain? And why are you even here?!” She pointed at Mino.

“You don’t remember?” Mino asked.

“I...  I did remember looking for them... then... the last I recalled was I saw Shin’s face before I passed out...”

“You don’t even remember what you did in the forest?” Yuzuyu interrupted.

“No! What did I do?!” Kaylee look at Yuzuyu, looking clueless.

“Can we wait until Maki is here before we start the storytelling?” Hibari swing her body and face them, as she still standing rigidly waiting for Maki.

“Yeah, we wait... anyway he got some explaining to do about why he was told to assassinate Kaylee...” Mino got frustrated just by thinking of it.

“What?!” The three girls stun after hearing that. Even Hibari could not digest what she just heard.

At the same moment, they heard a loud howling not far from the cabin, the sounds of running got closer and closer then abruptly stop.

“It’s me! Let me in!” Maki yell as he bangs the thick brown door. Hibari hurry open the door and saw, the once again, Maki. She yelps and shut her eyes as she turns away. Lucky Miyavi sense what was going on, grab a sheet that he saw lying sofa and throw over to Maki. He came in with that sheet wrap around his waist. His body was tainted by splash of fresh blood, a few scratches and cuts can be seen on his back as well. Mino quickly grabs a glass from the kitchen, bite his wrist and squeezes out ooze of his blood into the glass before passing it to Maki. He quickly drank it one gulp and the wounds started to heal by itself. Hibari came over and throw a hug up around his neck and fret how worry she was.

Once everyone had settles down Miyavi, the oldest among them, starts the ball rolling.

“Maki, Can you care to explain and continue where we left off just now?”

“Fine... as you all know. We, the wolves pack, have been doing bidding since the early century ago. The bidding that I am referring is that an evil bidding from evil sources. As for my history, it started since my father time when we were serving the dark lord. Even after my father death, his mission automatically becomes my responsibility which was to kill a girl name Kim Kaylee.” Maki sigh, turn to Kaylee with sorrow eyes before continues. “I have been following you ever since you reach your puberty age but every time I tried to kill you, I failed. You were protected not only by your own kind... so that makes it even harder...” Maki turn his face to Miyavi.

“Along the way I found Mino and then I meet you. You both have been like a brother to me. In the twist of fate, I met Hibari, the girl I have imprinted on! I was supposed to kill Kaylee on the night when you snip my fur off but I failed. Obviously right now I can’t kill Kaylee nor I can even touch her, she is my girl’s best friend and the girl that my brother had fallen for...” Hibari look up at him with their hands entwine.

Maki look at us all solemnly. He kept on apologise for what happen tonight and he felt guilty since the packs somehow plan on killing the girls and almost everyone.

“Thank you Maki-san for not killing me... I appreciate that but I felt bad that you also endangered yourself as well, you too must be careful...” Kaylee said looking worried as well.

“Whoa! Thanks... For saying that little girl after what I try to do... Kill you...” Maki smile weakly.

“Well at least we clear up on something but I am sure this is just the beginning. They have seen us together and surely they will convey about us to the others. From now on, we all have to be on our guard...” Miyavi said.

“Ok then... And can someone care to explain about what I did just now?” Kaylee asked, feeling the curiosity.

“You seem to be in trance just now but what happens next makes me and Yuzuyu confuse... You chant some ancient words and the whole place just go haywire. The wolves actually fled...” Hibari explained.

“So that was you?! It felt like every inch of my body and bones were about to be crush, then the wolves that I fought with whimper and ran away... Well I ran too of course...” Maki interrupted.

“I did that? Am I possessed?”Kaylee look terrified.

“You girls think you all can ask the elders about this?” Mino asked.

“We’ll try but we have to create a cover story so that they won’t know what exactly happen tonight...” Hibari answered.

“We will think of something. I guess for now we have to stay here until dawn then we will send you girls’ home... Ok?” Miyavi said and the girls nod obediently.

Miyavi stayed beside Yuzuyu who had snooze off on the sofa from exhaustion. Mino accompany Kaylee who was still wide awake and in deep thoughts. Hibari, on the other hand, was searching for some decent clothes for Maki to wear in the bedroom’s cupboard. That night is their first night spending time together with their partners where the desire and true love blooms.