One Last Minute

And I Can Fix Your Broken Parts

Jongdae really hated debut stages. Unlike his usual performances, where only his fans would pay to go and see him, they were filled with people ready to jump at him at his tiniest mistake. It was nerve wracking, and something he'd usually want to get through as quickly as possible.

The day had started in the only way a crappy day could: Kyungsoo. Of course, he'd outdone himself this time, and it really hadn't been pretty at all when he'd bursted into Yixing's room that morning, having miraculously obtained the key to the apartment, and yanked their covers away. After a twenty minutes long rant about why it wasn't a wise idea to stay up for most of the night before such an important presentation, he'd ushered them back to the bedroom, giving them a good ten minutes before dragging them out of the apartment and into their car, where Chanyeol was waiting for them with a much more uplifting attitude, and, most importantly, breakfast.

The ride towards the studio had been fine, Chanyeol providing constantly commentary about everything and Yixing playing with his fingers. It all ended as soon as they stepped out of the car, though, a multitude of young girls screeching their names. How the hell had they managed to wake up at that ungodly hour just to go and see them? Jongdae was barely awake himself and was supposed to be on stage for prerecording in less than two hours. Great.

Kyungsoo took the lead towards the studio, followed closely by Yixing, who was waving at fans and trying to take some of their letters for him. He was just so nice all the time. And , Jongdae was already staring at him lovingly in public and they hadn't been outside for ten seconds. He'd have to work on it.

From then on, he was barely able to see his boyfriend. He was dragged through hair and makeup, hands constantly working on him for what seemed hours, before being put into some tightly fitted clothes he wasn't sure he could walk in, and then paroled around the studio, smiling for people whose names he couldn't remember even as they talked to him.

He remembers catching a glimpse of Kyungsoo, standing besides Jongin, and dazedly thinking that they really made a nice couple. Kyungsoo was even smiling at the taller boy. And Kyungsoo never smiled. Weird. It’d be nice if his manager got a life of his own and stopped making his harder. However, now, with an unknown woman in both his sides and being handled a bunch of things he had to take care of until he was onstage, he could really use a hand from his manager.

And then, stillness. Like the calm before a storm. Jongdae was backstage, Yixing nowhere to be seen, and he wasn't feeling well. What if nobody liked their ballad? What if his voice cracked in the middle of the song, ruining everything forever? What if he forgot the lyrics? He'd never sung something so complicated, that could really happen. His heartbeat was deafening, the stage lights blinding him as he waited for the group before them to finish their performance. He wasn't ready for this. Not without Yixing.

"Are you okay?" he jumped at the question, every suffocating thought melted down at the sight of Yixing approaching him.

"Really nervous. Where have you been?" he questioned, lacing their fingers and keeping them out of sight.

Yixing grimaced, shaking his head, "They had me testing the piano. And then worked on my hair for over an hour. It was a nightmare."

Jongdae chuckled, voice still shaky as he heard the roaring in the public, indicating their turn was almost up. He swallowed, tightening his hold on Yixing's hand as their names were announced.

"Are you ready?" Yixing said, and, when he looked back at him, Jongdae thought that, with him by his side, he was ready for everything.

"Yeah. Ready. Let's go."