Happy Accidents

And I Can Fix Your Broken Parts

"Do you drink?" Jongdae asked as he closed his notebook, getting up from the small couch he'd claimed as his and stretching his arms. Yixing looked back at him with droopy eyes, nodding as he held back a yawn. "Good. We're going out."

It was way past midnight of a stiff Tuesday night, and they'd been working for hours. They were doing a great progress, really, but Jongdae couldn't take another minute staring at the same boring blank walls. He got easily bored, sue him. Besides, judging by the amount of yawns that he'd had to suppress, the pianist needed a rest too. Grabbing his jacket, more out of habit than necessity, he stared expectantly back at Yixing, who got up stumblingly before making his way out of the door.

Jongdae was probably way more excited that what he should. For one, ‘going out’ was never that easy when idols were involved. Kyungsoo had quitted trying to stop him from doing so long ago, settling for a fair share of warnings about keeping it low and taking care of his public image. But now the streets were empty and Kyungsoo was out of sight. It was the perfect time. Moreover, Yixing was walking beside him. Despite all the time they'd spent together, they hadn't really talked outside the studio, at least not without their managers wandering around. After his first terrible impression, Chanyeol turned out to be a really cool guy. Kinda weird, yes, but he seemed to really care about Yixing, constantly reminding him of having fun and encouraging his relationship with Jongdae. Kyungsoo, on the other side, was a whole other issue. Since their conversation in the car, Jongdae had been able to successfully avoid any further comments on the topic, but that hadn't stopped Kyungsoo from watching him like a hawk every time the four of them were together, downright glaring at him every time he approached Yixing more than what his manager considered "strictly professional". Jongdae's life was hard.

It didn't take long for them to reach their destination. Specifically chosen for its complete lack of idol-like glamour and popularity, Jongdae had made of the dim, reduced bar one of his sacred places. He kept his eyes fixed on Yixing's expression as they entered the bar. Surprise, amusement and quiet acceptance shone through his eyes before he, once again, saw that beautiful dimpled smile of his. Letting out a sight he didn't know he was holding, Jongdae made a beeline to his favorite spot by the bar, realizing distractedly that it'd be the first time he wasn't there alone.

Jongin, the bartender, smiled up at him as he sat, raising his eyebrows with a low chuckle when Yixing appeared behind him. Okay, let's just say that Jongdae may or may not have mentioned the boy to him once. Or twice. Whatever.

They settled for plain beer and chips, to worn out for anything fancy. It was nice, Jongdae thought. Being outside of the studio, a familiar silence between them, the distant clatter of glasses on the other side of the bar.

"You know, Jongdae-ssi" Yixing began as he put his beer down, turning slightly to face him, and Jongdae barely repressed the joy of hearing his name on the pianist's lips. It had taken quite a lot of reassurance that he wouldn't feel disrespected just to get the boy to stop calling him his stage name, "I listened to your songs the other night."

"Y-you did?"

"Mhm"

"What... What did you think about them, hyung?"

He watched as Yixing pursed his lips from the corner of his eyes, unable to fully face him as he waited for the verdict. That was it. The moment he's waited for his whole life. Yixing had heard his music and he didn't even know how to feel about it. Was he excited? Nervous? The only thing Jongdae was a hundred percent sure about was that the silence had dragged for way too long for it to be something good.

"Well," Jongdae tightened his grip in his beer, forcing himself to focus on how the condensed droplets ran down its body instead and keeping his expression neutral, "they were really great!" Yixing exclaimed with a full smile that distracted Jongdae from fully registering what the other meant. "I'm really envious of your voice," the pianist added with a sheepish smile at the sight of a very confused, very speechless Jongdae who was struggling just to keep himself from falling from his stall.

"But hyung! Your voice is so so much better!" He spluttered, voice a couple of octaves higher than intended. Yixing's eyes widened in surprise before his face turned a crimson shade and he looked down at his beer. Jongdae had finally managed to ruin everything. Great.

Now awkward silence fell upon them, Jongdae mentally cursing himself for being so ing obvious while attempting to form a coherent apology without even knowing his mistake, he cleared his throat, just in time to hear Yixing mutter.

"Thanks. It's quite a compliment coming from you."

"You're not mad?" Jongdae questioned as he watched the man's face return to its usual color.

"No?" Yixing frowned "Why would- Oh. You mean...? Yeah. Sorry about that. I'm not really good taking compliments. Yeol says I have to work on it."

A relieved chuckle left Jongdae's lips as he shook his head. "You should. You're really good and people are going to tell you so."

A beer had become two, and then three. It wasn't nearly as much as he was used to drink, and he wasn't exactly lightweight either, but just now Jongdae began to notice its effect on him, the pleasant, warm buzz beneath his skin, the sensation of everything being a little brighter, especially with an equally buzzed Yixing right beside him. Smiling up at him, the open look on the man's face dragged his following words out of him, "Seeing as I have already embarrassed myself in every possible way, I have a confession too."

Yixing perked up at his words, staring at him expectantly, and Jongdae lost the sudden bravery that had filled him, shaking himself from the drowsy feeling that had taken control over him for a moment. There was no way he could finish that sentence now. But he couldn't back out, not with that look on Yixing's face.

"I already knew who you were. You know, before being officially introduced," he shot a quick glance at Yixing before turning back to the front, "Actually, I have followed you since forever. You kinda... Were my inspiration to get into the business?" Oh god that had sounded so... Cliché. He wanted to die in that exact moment just to avoid looking at Yixing ever again. Though, the quiet laughter that followed made him reconsider his wish.

"Really?" Jongdae nodded morosely, and Yixing's chuckled only grew louder, "Oh! So you're my fanboy!" His dimpled smile dragged Jongdae back to his bliss, heart beating a little bit louder, everything a little bit happier.

"I want to propose a toast," Yixing exclaimed, apparently drunker than what he'd believed, "To my most loyal fan, sitting right beside me!"

A couple of rounds later, Jongdae found Yixing's arm wrapped around his neck, skin warm as flushed.

The boy leaned into him, his eyes glistening with alcohol and mischief, "You know," he said, voice barely above a whisper, "Yesterday. When I was listening to your songs. Your voice is so pretty. It made me want to write a song for it. Or three. So so pretty," a shadow crossed his eyes momentarily, "Wasn't going to tell you about it," just like that his smile was back on his face, "But you told me a secret too! So it's okay. You have an undying love for me, you are my fan!" His giggle turned into a hiccup, and Jongdae distractedly thought that it was a really cute hiccup. How was that even possible?

There was a sudden weight at his side. Yixing had draped himself around him, embracing him in a too warm hug. Jongdae barely managed to steady himself, the alcohol and the conflicted state of his emotions making it hard to concentrate in something as banal as balance. He cradled the man in his arms, his words belatedly sinking in. A blush took over his face as he detached himself from him. "Hey! I never said anything about 'undying love for you'!"

Yixing smiled coyly, fingers coming to tangle in Jongdae's hair, clumsily removing it from his face. Jongdae was pretty sure his heart would stop any second now. "You didn't need to, ChenChen! You're my number one fan! You loooove me!" He yelled, giggling again.

Okay, that may have been enough fun for a night. Yixing was already way too drunk to be in public, and, being the only conscious enough to worry about it, it was Jongdae's duty to get them both out of there safely. And fast.

Holding Yixing by his waist, he managed to get him up and out of the bar fairly quickly, stopping only to pull up their hoods in case someone would recognize them. If there was one thing that Jongdae had to grudgingly admit, it was that Yixing was a very cute drunken person. He'd probably regret everything the following morning, but for now he was content with Yixing's warm weight against him, with his incessant and incoherent chatter about anything and everything.

And, as his breath tingled against his neck, Jongdae realized that maybe he did like Yixing that way after all.

.oOo.