A Way For Us

And I Can Fix Your Broken Parts

It was hard to believe how Jongdae's life seemed to have set itself right in such a short period of time. Sure, he still sometimes got the crippling fear that he wasn't good enough, that he didn't want this for his life and that he would die alone and with a dozen of cats, but now he had someone to hold him every time, to tell him that everything was going to be okay, that he wasn't alone. And Yixing was just right for him. It was Jongdae's first time being in a relationship where he didn't feel pressured at all, but instead supported and cared by the other. Everyday things between them got better, and Jongdae couldn't help but feeling that he was living in some sort of romantic chick flick, where all he wanted to do was being with Yixing and holding his hand and staring into his eyes lovingly. And making out.

Everything was progressing getting better for Jongdae. The songs were done and checked, praised by the company and perfect for them. Yixing had such a way with words, making every line hold so much meaning, that it made Jongdae want to actually be able to sing them as well as he possibly could, so he'd been working on his throat, and could almost say that it was healed. Besides, Yixing was going to sing with him, and that alone was a huge encouragement.

That evening they'd finished the pre-recording for the album, long, exhausting hours of listening to incompetent producers were past them, and they could finally relax. At least for a while. Their debut as a duet would take place in a few days, dreaded costume and audio and setting testing ahead of them.

For now, though, Jongdae was intended to focus on Yixing and Yixing only, pressed against one of the walls of their studio, mouth on Jongdae's, with one his hands on his hair and the other gripping Jongdae's shirt by his waist. They'd gotten to the point where spending a whole day having to behave professionally around each other had become unbearable, and Jongdae would have made fun of them, hadn't he been kissing Yixing back desperately.

They were so caught up in the moment that they failed to notice the door being opened, at least until an "Oh my god!" scared them out of their minds, forcing them to separate and look over to a flailing Chanyeol, followed by a clearly unsurprised, very disgruntled Kyungsoo.

"Oh my god XingXing!" the giant exclaimed, the manic grin back on his face.

"You've already said that, Yeol," Yixing smiled sheepishly, fiddling slightly as he took in Kyungsoo's glare. Jongdae noticed too, reaching to take his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"But Xing! When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me? Is he your boyfriend? Do you like really like him?" Chanyeol shoot question after question, leaving no time for them to process. Yixing, used to his ramblings, waited patiently until the man ran out of oxygen and finally shut up.

"We got together about a week ago," Chanyeol made an attempt to speak up, but closed his mouth as it seemed the boy would continue, "We didn't tell you because you'd freak out. What you actually did, so we were right. And yes, we are boyfriends," he snapped his head to look at Jongdae, eyes wide and a little panicked, "We are boyfriends, right?"

"Yeah."

Yixing shot him a smile before turning back to Chanyeol, "And yes, I really like him. Is that it?"

Chanyeol strode forward, embracing Yixing so that his face was pressed against his chest, "I'm so so happy for you XingXing! I knew this music buddy thing would be good for you."

"Yeol. Can't breathe," Yixing attempted to say.

"Oh right. Sorry," Chanyeol let him go, ruffling his hair as he did.

At the sound of someone clearing his throat, the three of them turned to Kyungsoo, who looked quite threatening for someone his size. As usual.

"Yes. We're so happy to see you got together," he stated plainly, face showing anything but happiness, "But we need to clear some things up."

'Clear some things up' ended up being an hour long lecture. "You're not going to act like a couple in public. That means no holding each other's hand, not acting all lovey-dovey, not saying anything that may be interpreted like you are together, and don't even think about kissing each other. In fact, don't stand closer than two feet from the other," Jongdae had successfully managed to block out Kyungsoo's voice within the first ten seconds, but, when he felt Yixing's hand tightening its hold, he turned to the boy, who looked scarily pale, and caught a glimpse of an about to cry Chanyeol.

"That's it Kyungsoo. I think we got it," he spoke up, thumb rubbing soothing circles over his boyfriend's hand.

Kyungsoo stared at him, about to retort, when Chanyeol interfered, reminding him that they were in fact there to take their boys out for dinner, not to lecture them on their love life. Jongdae shut his eyes. That was it. Kyungsoo would kill Chanyeol and then he'd kill them both and he'd die without knowing what Yixing's favorite color was. When nothing happened, he pried an eye open, just to see Kyungsoo gathering their things together, a proud Chanyeol by his side. Yixing tugged his hand, looking as good as ever, and he stumbled to his feet, legs numb.

As they made their way towards the door, led by Kyungsoo, Chanyeol called Jongdae's name, motioning for him to stay behind. Once Yixing had left the room, he turned to Jongdae, expression stern for the first time.

"If you even think about hurting him, I'll kill you. Understood?" His expression was supposed to be frightening, but Jongdae couldn't help to think that it was endearing. He knew that deep inside Kyungsoo cared about him, but not even as close as Chanyeol's affection for Yixing.

He nodded, staring up at Chanyeol, "Don't worry about it. I'm not planning to let him go."

.oOo.