Whatever You Do

And I Can Fix Your Broken Parts

"Isn't Chanyeol supposed to be at home?" Jongdae asked as he walked through the doorway and into the little apartment. It was just like the place he'd imagine the man living in, warm and comfortable, homey.

A snort guided him towards the kitchen, where his boyfriend was rummaging through the fridge, "Chanyeol lives here only on paper. You know, he's not supposed to leave me all by myself, but he trusts me enough to live on my own. Most of the time, save for when we have to get up really early to go somewhere, he lives with his boyfriend. Baekhyun or something. He's nice," he'd moved to the cabinets, proceeding to search there too.

Jongdae nodded from where he had sat on the counter, amusedly watching him come and go. Getting back on his feet, he approached the boy, hugging him from the back and pecking his cheek before nuzzling his face in the crook of his neck, "What are you doing?"

Yixing sighed, placing his hands above Jongdae's around his waist, "Looking for something for us to eat. But I haven't gone grocery shopping in ages and there's nothing even remotely useful for cooking. Should we get pizza delivered?"

Untangling himself from the boy just enough to turn him around, Jongdae chuckled, placing a fleeting kiss on Yixing's lips, "I don't really care about what we eat. I came here to be with you, not for food. But pizza sounds great."

Without separating himself from Jongdae, Yixing reached for his phone, ordering way more pizza than they were probably supposed to eat. But, taking into account that Jongdae shouldn't even be there in the first place, it didn't seem so much of a crime. He had, in fact, been explicitly prohibited of doing something stupid the night before their big debut, and he was pretty sure that doing things like eating junk food and spending the night making out and watching movies with Yixing was considered something stupid in Kyungsoo's terms. Not that he cared, though.

Jongdae had lived by himself most of his life. As soon as he'd made up his mind about wanting to be an artist, he'd left his childhood town to move to the city. He had never regretted it. He liked being alone, liked the stillness, the silence. The fact that there was nobody there to impress. But now, sat in Yixing's small couch, the boy pressed against his side and a bowl of pre-dinner popcorn in their laps, he thought that, maybe, he wouldn't mind living with Yixing.

Pizza didn't take long to arrive, its cheesy, greasy taste heaven to Jongdae's permanently dieting stomach. He'd already eaten in less than ten minutes his weekly allowance, not that he cared. Yixing, on the other side, savored every bite, chewing slowly, and Jongdae couldn't take his eyes away from him. Seriously, he even liked the way the boy ate. That couldn't be normal.

That had been the best dinner he'd had in months. By far. He hadn't had such a good time in ages, nor hadn't he felt so full. By the time they had settled in front of the TV for some crappy movie Jongin had mentioned their last time at the bar, Jongdae could already feel himself drifting off, Yixing's warmth lulling him to sleep.

He hadn't realized he'd fallen asleep until he felt Yixing's fingers through his hair, calling his name softly.

"We should go to bed. We're worn out and tomorrow is a pretty big day," he said, helping him to a stand.

Jongdae nodded, still half asleep, and made his way to the bathroom down the hall, getting hold of his toothbrush on the way.

He changed into sleeping clothes and sat on the bed, feeling much more awake than barely ten minutes before. Yixing came into the room in an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants, looking really tiny and tired. He sat by Jongdae's side, automatically reaching for his hand. Jongdae leaned into him, placing his head on his shoulder before turning his face upwards, reaching for his lips. It was sloppy, both too tired for it to have any rhythm, but it was perfect. Jongdae lay down, pulling Yixing with him and tucking his head below the boy's chin.

"Xing?"

"Hm?"

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

"No. You'll be up there with me, won't you?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I will."

And like that Jongdae let himself go, drifting to sleep, lulled by the steady sound of Yixing's breathing.

.oOo.