Part 8

The soul sweeper

Meanwhile, the real JiYong, kneeled before the sweeper throwing him angry looks. As little as he seemed before the bigger he looked now, looking down on them, with a certain pomposity as the ugly pygmies carried in more and more chained people.

“Hyung…” SeungRi whispered.

Ji answered through a gaze.

“Why we don’t have…” the youngster pointed towards the chains.

“You had to ask…” Ji muttered when burning chains clinched their wrists. He would’ve give anything to wipe the sweeper’s yellow grin off his face, but he couldn’t even flinch. Suddenly a sharp pain in the back of the head made him raise his hands. The chains clattered making everyone to stop. The sweeper’s smile slowly disappeared as Ji’s hands got up to touch his head in pain. The sweeper raised his palm and Ji’s hands got pinned back to the ground. A new pain made him curl a little more, watching the ground with big, wondering eyes.

“Please forgive me, hyung….” he thought he heard Taeyang’s soft voice broken by Chris’ scream. He kept on watching the ground with teary eyes. A strange ease overcame his body and he no longer felt his legs and arms moving.

“Kid…” he whispered to SeungRi without raising his eyes. But SeungRi’s answerer came through a “NO! Let go of me!!” He quickly searched for him and his eyes got stuck on the ugly creatures dragging the youngster away, pulling his chains.

“NOO!!” he screamed trying to rush towards him, but the pinned hands on the ground forced him to stay put. He bit his lower lip in spite, or maybe because of the pain he felt as if something just made it crack. A thin blood grain crept shyly to his chin. A little string that terrified the sweeper’s eyes. A grin bloomed on Ji’s face. He prayed with all his power for him to be right, and the sweeper’s look raised his hopes. He bent over easily, without taking his eyes off of the sweeper’s face, and he slowly wiped away the blood on his lip. His grin turned into a scream from the bottom of his heart. His hands got covered in red, warm blood and he raised them up in the air breaking the chains into billions of glowing pieces.

 

Back on Earth, Taeyang fought with all the powers he had, but eventually JiYong grabbed his throat, even if he hit him over and over. He was now ready to give up fighting; he just kept on watching his friend’s eyes and felt his energy draining away. He blinked slower than usual and his last power used it to take one more glimpse at Chris. Suddenly JiYong crashed to the ground, fagged out. If the half rotten hands wouldn’t have screwed him in place, Taeyang would’ve joined his friend. He tried to call out his girlfriend’s name, but his voice wouldn’t help him anymore and he closed his eyes.