Part 5

The soul sweeper

“If that’s what ya’ll want, that’s what ya’ll gonna get!!” the man roared in anger and opened wide his mouth once again to cover Daesung who came running to save the  disappearing SeungHyun. The same darkness covered him as well and an infinite quietness hit him although he could feel his mouth screaming.

JiYong witnessed this scene with his last powers before his eyes shut down forced by the painful heat that swallowed his entire body.  No later than two seconds he opened them back, but the pain wouldn’t go away. He glimpsed at a kneeled SeungRi and shouted out his name but suddenly closed his mouth when is voice scattered around much more than it should.

SeungRi looked at him with teary eyes. With one reserved gesture he pointed at something behind Ji’s back. He turned around to see it and he froze – his body laid in a big puddle of blood, and so was SeungRi’s.

“What’s this? What’s happening?” he shouted again.

This time the sweeper also heard him and smiled widely while clenching his fist. Ji took his hands to his own throat trying to get free from the invisible noose that clustered around it. He quickly threw his eyes towards SeungRi who was also trying to find that “something” that choked them. A sudden powerful jerk made both of them to stop and look for Taeyang who was now screaming. The sweeper his long claws into Taeyang’s neck and he was just struggling around, without being able to do anything alse.

“NOO!!” Ji yelled so hard that his voice caught an echo and Taeyang could hear it, so his eyes turned to look for his friend, but seeing him in that puddle of blood just gave him more power to fight back.

Meanwhile, back at their place, Chris was still covering with her both hands. The voice of the sweeper made her to finally react. All she could hear were his threatening words and the steps she had to walk to reach the window felt like miles for her terrified heart. Her tears started pouring down and her shaking hands slowly removed the thick drapes so she could watch outside just in time for JiYong’s voice to pierce through her soul. Without any other words, she grabbed the biggest knife she could lay her eyes on and burst out the door. In less than any athletics’ record crasher, she ran all the hundred meters to reach the struggling Taeyang and his executioner.

“You…. Shall… get…” wondered around through her mind. She raised her hands above her head, tightened the knife’s handle and she hit the sweeper’s hand with all the power she could possess. His hand split off knocking Taeyng on the ground.

“Noona…” she could hear a whisper in the air. It sounded like Ji’s voice… but where was JiYong?

A high flame rose up in the sky, and its blast pushed her to the ground too. She threw her eyes over her shoulder just to try and understand what did just happen. In the sweeper’s place there was a huge flame that, the minute she looked at it changed its shape. It turned into Ji’s and SeungRi’s hands that kept trying to reach her, like begging for help. She curled on the ground, covering her head with her arms, when all the noises stopped, the heat disappeared being taken over by the cold, windy October night. Quickly she uncovered her eyes looking for the scary man – he was nowhere. It was so quiet… too quiet. Suddenly she remembered about Taeyang and rushed to him. She kneeled next to him, preparing to help him up when a gooey, warm liquid touched her hand. She began trembling, thinking the worst for her loved one, but quickly recovered when Taeyang got up with a soft groan.

“Oh, thanks God! You’re OK!...” she began crying, hugging him, checking him to make sure that that blood wasn’t his. Suddenly she froze. Her eyes stuck on JiYong’s dead body. She blinked twice to chase away the tears burdening her eyes. She began trembling out of control when she spotted SeungRi’s body as well.        

“Chris, listen to me…” Taeyang said grabbing her face in his hands. “Chris!” he helped her up while hugging her. “Chirs, listen to me… I…” he set up a speech that he never had the chance to give...