Part 2

The soul sweeper

“I can’t believe it’s past three already!” a young dark-haired girl said smiling seductively.

“Times flies when you’re having fun! It’s almost not fair!” Taeyand, the very well-built and fauxhawk proud wearer said laughing slightly.

“Yeah, well, you and your movies!” she sneered sticking her tongue out like a cute little kid. He laughed out loud knocking her on the couch, trying to get a hold on that naughty, defiant tongue  of hers.

“What was that?” she suddenly stopped him.

“What?” he said stealing her one more kiss.

“I don’t know… I thought I heard a humming or something` …” she sat up looking around towards the big TV set.

“I think you’re just sleepy, baby” he smiled. “C’mon, I’ll sing something nice for you” he said lifting her in his arms, kissing all the way `till the bedroom.

JiYong covered half of Seoul in less than 15 minutes; he climbed all the four floors in a flash and desperately hit the wooden door using his fists and feet.

SeungHyun easily got his head up, trying to understand what was the noise he was hearing. When he heard JiYong’s voice, he rolled over and fell on the ground.

“J…Just a minute!” he tried to yell more asleep than awake, gathering himself up from the floor. On the way to the door he threw a half-asleep eye on the nightstand watch that was showing 4 a.m. “Oh, God, JiYong…” he started mumbling and he spun the key.

When he heard the key, JiYong wouldn’t wait for the door to get open, instead he pushed its handle and he swooped inside.

“What’s wrong? What happened?...” SeungHyung tried to calm down his friend who couldn’t ever breath anymore from the late jogging. He guided him to a large armchair. “Stay here! I’ll bing you some water…” he said doing his best to keep a cool voice. When he stepped once, Ji caught his hand.

“N..no… S… stay” Ji barely whispered. “T…Turn on the lights, please…” he asked in a very silent voice.

“JiYong-gi, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me…” SeungHyun hewed and pushed the small switch. He startled a little seeing his friend’s illegally white face. “Maybe water’s not what you need know… Do you want a drink?”

JiYong shook his head.

“N…N… No… I can’t…” he muttered something.

“JiYong-gi, you look like you’ve seen a ghost…” SeungHyun said trying to joke a little.

“A murder!” Ji answered with the eyes of a mad man.

“What?” SeungHyung shuttered. “Are you sure? You ought to call the police…”

“I’m next…” he whispered really slowly.

SeungHyun froze. He stared at JiYong who just nodded staring back at him the the most brightest eyes ever.

Even though sun was not up yet, number 59 turned into a double zero and the electronic watch on the nightstand started beeping.

“Chris…, it’s 5 o’clock…” Taeyang mumbled from somewhere underneath a pillow.

“I can hear that…” she answered in the same way but after a couple of seconds stretched out her hand to push the ‘’silent button”. “ `Morning!” she said turning to face him.

“Good morning!” he answered with a sleepy, yet bright smile.

“Your turn to make the coffee” she said luring him with a soft giggle. “Thanks!” she said after he nodded. She watched over him until he left the room, then she yawned noisily, but suddenly perked up. She tried to listen more carefully, almost stopping her breathing. It sounded like a nice lullaby. Where did she heard that song before? It sounded so familiar… She silently crept out of the bed and stopped in front of the window. With a single finger she pushed the drapes a little to look outside. The only living been was the small man from across the street, but she couldn’t hear him… not from all the way here. She found it somehow funny; he remembered her of home, of herself when she was just a little kid helping grandma cleaning the yard… All of a sudden the little man stopped his activity and started to turn around. She smiled fondly waiting to see a familiar Caucasian face, with round eyes, but her smile faded away when the man ly his head to 180 degrees angle.