The Second Wish

What is your wish?

Sunggyu is awaken on the white room once again, but this time, tears staining his face and blood on his clothes. He keeps crying until he felt a familiar pat on his back. He turns around, and he saw Angel.

“What the heck was that? I thought you are going to grant my wish.” Sunggyu asked the angel, still sobbing. “I was showing you what is going to happen.” Angel simply said. “But I’m an idol! How could I live there!” Sunggyu shouted, he is angry. Seeing Woohyun, almost killed like that, he didn’t care which Woohyun it is, it’s still Woohyun. “I’ve told you, anything you wish may affects other universes and worlds. Didn’t I warn you? If you wishes a right wish, you will be transferred back to your life, but if your wish is not a right wish, you may not have your life back.” The angel explained. Sunggyu stopped sobbing, and stared at the angel in disbelief.

Sunggyu had calmed down. And he’s just staring into space. He just witnessed the person he supposed to be in love with, got killed.

“So… there are more Woohyuns too?” Sunggyu asked. “Yes… I’m really sorry you have to see that. I really don’t know that was coming… I will make sure that next time I’m showing you something, I’ll save you from what’s gonna happen.” Angel smiled apologetically.

But for Sunggyu, the problem is not he is save or not.

Woohyun.

What about him?

“Is that all… real?” Sunggyu asked hesitantly. Everything seemed so real… This can’t be a dream, right?

“That depends, on the wish you made.” Angel said. “If your next wish is right, you may get back to your old life.” Angel said again. “So this is like a quiz, right?” Sunggyu laughed bitterly, why him? Why now? “Your wish will not only teach yourself, but other people will learn as well.” Angel said. “And yes, it’s basically like that. But what you will get is not a score, but something more precious than that. It’s different for every person, and I don’t have the slightest clue on what are going to bring back.” Angel smiled again. “I know what I’m going to wish.” Sunggyu said.

“I wish I could never lose Nam Woohyun.”

The smile faded from Angel’s face, but she smiled again after thinking for a while.

“That’s… probably not the best choice but, in this world. You will know, why.”

Familiar blackness is surrounding Sunggyu and he’s transported to another world.

 

-

 

-

“Doctor, how’s hyung?” Woohyun asked the doctor. The rest of the members’ head hung low. The news has been spread like crazy.

“The Infinite’s leader, Kim Sunggyu, is hospitalized because of unknown reason.”

“I don’t know either, we never have something like this.” The doctor answered, furrowing his eyebrows.

Woohyun sighed.

Why Sunggyu is so stubborn?

“Hyung, I wish I could take your pain to wake you up.”

-

 

 

-

Sunggyu wakes up to another place he doesn’t know, again. He thinks that this is a forest, but he had no idea where. He start to wonders, does here, Woohyun knows him? He sighed again, until he felt that someone creeping behind his back.

But before he could react, there’s a hand that covers his mouth and his eyes was blindfolded. He felt his hands tied up later.

Where the heck is he?

Sunggyu felt that he’s being thrown into a room, and his blindfold is opened. His tied hand was already freed sometimes ago. His vision is still blurry, but he can visualize the room. He’s probably being thrown into a dungeon or something. “Hey, you’re new?”  A familiar voice asked him. “Uh, yes…” Sunggyu turns around and he saw a familiar voice.

Jang Dongwoo.

Why everyone around here had to be an infinite member?

“Could you tell me where I am?” Sunggyu asked, after introducing himself to Dongwoo. Well, heck, it felt weird to introduce yourself to someone that you’ve already supposed to know in another world. But this Dongwoo won’t believe him anyway, so he introduces himself formally. “You didn’t know?” Dongwoo furrowed his eyebrows. “Well…I don’t really know…” Sunggyu’s voice trailed off. Does he suppose to know where the heck is he? “You didn’t cope with the news these days?” Dongwoo asked again. “Um, no.” Sunggyu starts to get irritated, he regretted asking Dongwoo about where are they in the first place. “So South Korea is already destroyed, and there’s a new government called New Korea, which some people really don’t like. Those people who don’t like New Korea, rebelled and create this.” He stopped for a brief moment before continued what he’s going to say. “The Lights. It’s what are they calling themselves, that because they could see in the dark, something that the New Korea’s military can’t do. And basically, we are there,” Dongwoo stopped again, trying to make the situation more dramatic, but Sunggyu just rolled his eyes. “The Light’s main base camp. And yeah, it’s underground.” Dongwoo finished with a grin. Judging from his looks, Dongwoo was probably already here for so long, he could only pity him.

But that could wait.

He’s on a freaking enemy’s base.

 

There is a kind of bell ringing above his head when he asked more question on Dongwoo. “What’s that?” Sunggyu asked. “Oh, it’s probably dinner time already. We have to get up and go to the main dining room to eat something.” Dongwoo explained. “But… aren’t we… slaves?” Sunggyu asked, confused because all of this. “Yeah, they actually kidnap anyone who entered their territories, thinking us as a citizen of New Korea; while the fact, I’m not a citizen of New Korea. New Koreans are rich, while I’m just an ordinary boy living in a village. But luck is not by my side, so I ended up here.” He grinned. “I’m not… a citizen of New Korea as well…” Sunggyu’s voice trailed off. Heck, he’s not even from this world.

Sunggyu immediately tailed Dongwoo from behind to the dining room, the moment their cell’s door was opened. Honestly, he’s still tired because of the previous world he had been in, but he can’t do anything. He needs to get the right wish so he could be back to his previous world, or life.

But he feels that this is not going to be over that soon.

He sat beside Dongwoo after taking a tray full of food; courtesy of Dongwoo, who chooses Sunggyu’s food. When he sat down, he felt that a pair of eye is watching him. He is surely doesn’t like to be watched but, he had no idea who is it. He just wished that it’s no one and that person is just curious because Sunggyu is new.

Later, he will know that he’s wrong.

But he’s not completely wrong, anyway.

Sunggyu is just back from the dining room with Dongwoo, when a guard knocks on their cell. “What is it, guard?” Dongwoo answered. “That one besides you, what is his name?” The guard answered. Sunggyu hates being referred as a that, but he can’t help, the guard doesn’t know him. “Kim Sunggyu, why? Do you need something?” Dongwoo answered nicely. “I don’t have any, but our leader wants him. So you, Kim Sunggyu, better be prepared in ten minutes, we’ll transfer you somewhere.” The guard said that and left. Sunggyu is left dumbfounded.

“Why does their leader wants me?” Sunggyu asked. “Well, I’ve heard about their leader’s personal slaves that was taken from here, but I’ve never actually encountered them.” Dongwoo shrugged. “But, eventhough we’re only had been friends for a while, I’ll miss you, Sunggyu.” Dongwoo’s smile faded and Sunggyu hugged him. “I’ll miss you too.” Sunggyu smiled before asking something again. “So I’m going to be the leader’s personal slave? What is personal slave’s job?” Sunggyu asked innocently. Dongwoo seems to use his every will to not face palmed himself, and just smile. “You would find out by your own, later.”

 

Sunggyu is being transferred to their leader’s chamber, somewhere upstairs. Sunggyu is still didn’t understands the meaning of personal slave, but, he thinks it won’t be that bad.

Or he maybe wrong.

Oh well, he’s already wrong from the dinnertime, anyways.

What he expected from their leader is, someone who is big, and terrifying, and scary and what a rebellion leader in books and movies should be.

What he doesn’t expected is, that their leader is fairly young, and handsome and built and what a hero should be.

But the worst thing, what he least expected is, that their leader, took form in a certain male he knows.

Nam Woohyun.

Why is he here again?

Oh right, he’s here because of his wish to never lose Woohyun.

But he thinks that being his slave doesn’t counts.

“I’m Nam Woohyun. You might have heard about me.” Woohyun said to Sunggyu, smirking. Sunggyu resisted the urge to rolls his eyes, because first, there are bodyguards besides Woohyun.

And second, he is Nam Woohyun.

“What is your name, beautiful?” Woohyun said while grinning to Sunggyu. Sunggyu wants to cringe at the nickname but he ended up blushing. What the hell is wrong with my reaction? Sunggyu thought. “K-Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu said. “A perfect name for someone as beautiful as you.” Woohyun chuckled. His cheesiness may be natural because, heck, every Woohyun that Sunggyu met, even though he only met two so far and three if the original Woohyun from his life is counted, every Woohyun he encountered is cheesy.  “Guards, you may leave.” Woohyun ordered and the guards left the room, leaving Woohyun and Sunggyu alone. “So, Sunggyu. You are my personal slave, from now on.” Woohyun smirked and Sunggyu wonders how will his life here will turns out.

 

And it turned out that his life being Woohyun’s personal slave isn’t that bad, Woohyun just told him to do things, time to time, and he is given his own room.

Sometimes at night, Sunggyu would wander to himself, thinking about when this all could finish and he could be back to his original world. Not that this Woohyun is bad but…

He had learnt to not get too attached, because the last time he got attached, he ended up sobbing.

What he doesn’t know is, that this Woohyun always watches him everytime he wanders to himself, and thinking. Were Sunggyu thinking about him?

“So Sunggyu, where is your hometown?” Woohyun asked one day. It’s just been a week and Sunggyu think that he’s here for more than a month already. Sunggyu instinctively wants to answer Jeonju but he remembers that here is not the South Korea he used to know, so he bit his lips and think. “I… lost my memory… and suddenly I found myself here.” Sunggyu said so bitterly, making Woohyun believes him. “If you’re all alone… would you… I don’t want to… ” Woohyun mumbled some of the words, so that he couldn’t hear it clearly. “What?” Sunggyu raised his head, tilting his head cutely. Woohyun just laughs, and patted his hair. “Nothing, but you’re cute.” Sunggyu pouted and Woohyun laughs at him again.

He’s so precious, Woohyun thought while watching his personal slave doing things for him. I can’t lose him. Woohyun thought again.

Sunggyu never knew this.

 

The day where everything changes is actually a quite peaceful. But New Korea decided to attack The Lights, simply because they are greedy for power, and for being the strongest, they need to eliminate The Lights.

The base was at chaos, and Woohyun was out to lead the rebels. But Sunggyu is afraid to the bone, that this Woohyun would get killed because of him again. Woohyun had ordered him to stay in his room until Woohyun gets back. But suddenly someone slammed open his door, and Sunggyu was taken aback. He is alerted and stands up suddenly. He’s expecting to see an enemy, but he is greeted by Myungsoo’s face. “You’re Sunggyu, right?” Myungsoo said. “Yes… I am. What do you need?” Sunggyu said. “You need to leave.” Myungsoo said sternly.

“Why?” Sunggyu is confused. “You are Woohyun’s weakness, he likes you the moment he set his eyes on you. The New Korea will soon finds out about this and they will kidnap you, which make Woohyun surrender, because, you are his weakness.” Myungsoo explained. But Sunggyu is still dumbfounded. He thought that this Woohyun won’t like him in that way, but he does like Sunggyu. “Listen, Woohyun specially told me to not lose you, and protects you.” Sunggyu froze at the word that Myungsoo is using.  “But, he will lose both you and The Lights if the New Korea ever found out about you.” Myungsoo stopped, catching his breath before continuing. “And he will do everything to get you back, even surrendering. But when he surrenders, New Korea will both destroy you and us. So that’s why you need to leave.” Myungsoo ordered. “But he ordered me to—“ “Disobey that. Do you want him to lose everything includes you?” Myungsoo asked, and Sunggyu shakes his head. “So leave. I need to tell you something. Woohyun… told me that he would keep you forever, and how much he likes you. He said that he couldn’t lose you.” Myungsoo said while sighing. Sunggyu hung his head low, and even though he says that he won’t get attached, his feelings just grow deeper everytime, and he feels sad leaving Woohyun like this. Myungsoo seems to know that the man in front of him likes his friend back but he can’t just let everything be destroyed. “You know… Woohyun… probably needs to lose you right now, but if you two are meant to be… he will find you. He will.” Myungsoo said while smiling. “How… to leave from here?” Sunggyu asked, smiling bitterly. “You will need to take the left stairs that will lead you downstairs, find the left gate that will bring you out, then run to the woods so that you won’t get caught.” Myungsoo explained. “I’m Myungsoo, by the way.” Myungsoo introduced himself and Sunggyu just laughed. “I know. By the way, say to Woohyun that… I might like him back.” Sunggyu just left like that and Myungsoo is dumbfounded. “He will find you! I promise!” Myungsoo shouted before he went back to joins the fight.

Myungsoo is sure that Woohyun will find Sunggyu again.

Little did he know, that Sunggyu is leaving to a complete somewhere else.

Sunggyu ran and ran from the woods, he had nowhere to go, and he’s pretty sure that this is the end of his journey here.

He ended up getting attached again.

He wonders how’s the real Woohyun is doing.

He must be happy there’s no Sunggyu there.

He felt the familiar ache in his heart, and the familiar blackness around him.

-

 

-

 

Woohyun is devastated.

Sunggyu hasn’t wake up for two days, and he stays on the hospital ever since.

With the IV connected to his hands, and the members telling him to go back to the dorm, but he refused every time.

He needs to watch Sunggyu when he wakes up.

“Hyung… When are you going to wake up?” Woohyun said while sighing.

“I’m sorry for what I’ve said before… okay? So please… stop punishing me like this….” Woohyun said, his voice is filled with sadness.

“Dongwoo… always tried his hard to become the moodmaker, but when you’re not around… it’s useless, hyung.” Woohyun smiled bitterly.

“Sungyeol… hasn’t been drinking coffee since you’ve become like this… you know how much coffee is important to him… hyung…” Woohyun chuckled.

“While Hoya… he stopped dancing, his movements become lifeless…” Woohyun said.

“Sungjong hasn’t stopped crying, because he’s the one who finds you… And Myungsoo… He tried to be calm… but I know he missed you very much…” Woohyun stopped, hesitating a bit for continuing his sentence.

“While I… I… can’t lose you now, Sunggyu hyung.”


lol what is this this is crap. anyway, thanks for reading!