7/10

Down Dog Is Hell

AN: What do you mean I updated yesterday?  I have no memory of that.

---

Luhan managed to keep it together through the rest of his tea and all the way home.  In fact, he even managed to wave good bye with a smile before Minseok vanished into his building.  Then the smile instantly disappeared.

Luhan slowly turned to head into his own building.  It spoke to how upset he was when he stopped in front of the elevator instead of heading for the stairs.  He didn’t even like elevators, but right now, he had no energy for stairs.  He was far too distracted by trying to figure out how he felt about Minseok now.

He was still trying to figure that out when he opened the door to his dorm to find Lay and Suho curled up on the couch.  They both looked over to the door as he came in, and it took them not even a second to know something was wrong.

“What’s up with you?”  Lay asked as Luhan made his way through the kitchen.

Luhan wasn’t sure he wanted to answer that.  However, a part of him needed to tell someone, and Lay had promised to help pick up the pieces if anything broke, and Luhan was pretty sure something, he wasn’t entirely sure what, but something was broken, so with a sigh, he flopped down onto the couch next to Lay and grabbed on, slipping under his arm.  Suho was just going to have to share, which he did, shifting to allow Luhan to get a little closer to Lay’s side before echoing Lay’s sentiment.

“Luhan, what’s wrong?”

Luhan just sighed.  Where was he supposed to start?  Eventually, he opted for the beginning.  “Minseok has an ex-boyfriend.”

Lay’s form stiffened for a second before he voiced a question, clearly puzzled.  “You said ex right?  So why are you so upset?” 

 “Because, he wasn’t the one to tell me that.”  Luhan answered, grateful Lay didn’t boast about being right, and instead asked the more important question. 

Luhan felt Lay nod above him as Suho asked the next question.  “Then how’d you even find out?”

“I answered his phone.”  Luhan admitted with another sigh.

“You did what?”  Lay asked, pulling back slightly so he could see Luhan’s face.

Luhan sighed and let go, extricating himself from Lay’s side as he tried to fumble through an explanation.  “It had been ringing all night, and he went to the bathroom when it started to ring again and I was just going to look at it at first, but then I don’t know.  I just answered it, and this guy started talking before I could say a single word and suddenly he’s saying they’ve dated, and I don’t know, I just hung up.”

“And then, let me guess, you acted like nothing happened and came back here.”  Lay finished succinctly.

Luhan nodded.  “Of course.  What was I supposed to do?”

“Well, not answer his phone for starters.”  Suho offered.

Luhan groaned.  “Believe me, if I could undo that, I would.”

Lay nodded in agreement, “Okay, but you can’t, and I still don’t see why this is such a bad thing.”

“Because, Minseok didn’t tell me Lay.  He didn’t tell me anything, and if he wouldn’t even tell me this, who knows what else he isn’t telling me.”

“Um… well you could just ask him you know.”  Suho provided.

Luhan snorted.  “How is that supposed to work when the guy clams up when I ask him anything?”

“Just a suggestion.”  Suho offered.

Luhan sighed.  “Well, I don’t think it will be very effective.”

Lay nodded in agreement.  “Probably not, but it also is pretty much your only option unless you plan to continue to pretend that you never heard anything, which I would not recommend.”

Luhan groaned as Lay directed a very firm gaze his way.  “I know, but even if it worked I, I just don’t even know if I want to know anymore.”

Lay sighed.  “Don’t lie to yourself.  You still want to know.”

“No, I don’t really know that I do.”  Luhan wasn’t sure of a lot things really.  Especially how he felt about Minseok.  Especially that.

Lay sighed.  “Do you still like him?”

Luhan shook his head.  “I don’t know.”

“Do you know anything?”  Lay asked, and in other circumstances that might have sounded condescending, but Lay’s tone was concerned, not critical.

“Not really, no.” Luhan admitted softly.

Lay nodded in understanding.  “Well, you’re going to have to start there.”

“I know.”

“But you don’t have to figure it out right now.”  Lay continued.

“I don’t?” Luhan asked confused.

Lay laughed.  “No, you don’t.  Right now, you’re going to get another hug and then you’re going to go to sleep.”

Luhan laughed despite himself.  “I don’t think that’s going to help.”

“Hugs and sleep help everything.  Now come here.”

Luhan just sighed as he let Lay drag him into an embrace that Suho joined in on at the side.  He wasn’t anywhere near as sure hugs or sleep would magically tell him how he felt about things, but he figured as he lightly hugged Lay back, that it would at least let him stop trying to figure it out for a while, something his head and his heart would most assuredly be grateful for.

---

As he had anticipated, Luhan still didn’t know how he felt about things the next morning, which was why he drove himself to the soccer game in the morning.  He just wasn’t ready to see Minseok yet, and he definitely wasn’t ready to have to be so close to him so soon.

He arrived at the stadium alone to the raised eyebrow of Leo, which was the moment when Luhan realized that he hadn’t called Minseok to tell him he was going to drive himself.  It was a mistake that was soon to be rectified as his phone started to vibrate in his pocket mere moments after he realized that.

“Where are you at?”  Minseok asked the second he picked up his phone.

It took Luhan a second to compose his thoughts so he could answer calmly after he heard Minseok’s annoyed voice coming through the phone, a part of him annoyed that Minseok seemed to think he had any right to be upset when he was the reason for the whole mess in the first place.  “I’m already at the field.”

“What?  Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I forgot.”  It was the truth, and normally, he would have also apologized for it, but he didn’t much feel like doing that right then.

“Oh…”  Minseok seemed to be aware of the lack of remorse in Luhan’s tone. 

Luhan didn’t really care.  “Yeah, so just hurry up or you’ll be late.”

“Uh, yeah, see you soon I guess.”

“Mhm,” was all Luhan offered before he hung up, starting to care just a little bit because Minseok was clearly confused, and some part of him didn’t like making him feel so uncomfortable, but a larger part, a much larger part at that moment, still didn’t really care because hearing Minseok’s voice over the phone had finally helped Luhan figure out how he felt about everything.

And he was mad, about everything.

Mad that Minseok had lied to him.  Mad that he now felt like he had to lie to Minseok about knowing anything.  And finally, mad at himself for still liking Minseok anyways.   (Because he did, if the small part that felt guilty about making Minseok confused was any indication.)

Luhan sat down and pulled on his shoes with a bit too much force before going onto the field and starting to kick balls against the wall, hard, enjoying the way it shook every time the ball made contact.  His assault on the wall, like his arrival, did not go unnoticed.

“Where’s Minseok?”  Leo asked as he intercepted the ball before it could return to Luhan’s feet for another whack.

“On his way,” Luhan responded brusquely, not really feeling like dealing with Leo at the moment either.

“You decided to come separately?”

Luhan shrugged.  “I woke up early.  Can I have that back?”

Leo studied his face for a few seconds before tapping him back the ball.  “Don’t hit the wall so hard.  It’s not good for it.”

Luhan nodded dutifully as he received the ball, brain starting to work overtime as he tried to align his newfound knowledge of Minseok having an ex-boyfriend with Leo’s interrogation from Thursday.  The conclusion he was reaching was one he didn’t like because as he continued to run everything through his mind while dribbling the ball around the field, he was becoming more and more certain Leo knew about Minseok’s ex.  In fact, Luhan was beginning to think he knew everything that Luhan didn’t know, and that wasn’t exactly making Luhan feel any happier because if Leo knew, why didn’t he?

Luhan saw Minseok arrive soon after that.  Minseok waved when he saw Luhan looking at him.  Luhan didn’t wave back.  He just gave a curt nod and went back to his dribbling, fighting back the complex bubble of emotions seeing Minseok had created. 

He was quickly realizing he probably shouldn’t have come to the game at all.  He should have played sick and stayed home instead of coming out because he most definitely wasn’t ready to deal with Minseok, but it was too late for that realization and now he had a game to make it through.  He just hoped he could.

“You okay?”  Minseok asked as he ran up to Luhan on the field.

Luhan gave a noncommittal nod.  “I’m fine.”

“You sure?”  Minseok asked, clearly concerned.

“Yes, I’m sure.”  Luhan answered firmly before turning and heading towards the goal to take a few shots.  He didn’t care if it was childish.  He wasn’t ready to deal with Minseok right now, and if that meant running away, he would. 

Of course, one can only run so far in an enclosed soccer field, but if there was an award for managing to stay as far away from someone in an enclosed space as was possible, Luhan would have won it that morning.  He hung back and played defense the entire game, pushing up the others to play alongside Minseok upfront. 

Whenever Minseok tried to talk to him, he offered answers in as few words as possible, and when the game was finally over, he didn’t even go celebrate their victory, he just headed towards the locker rooms, his escape in sight, or so he thought.

Luhan had just finished pulling on fresh clothes and flung his bag over his shoulder when Minseok appeared in front of him.

“What’s with you today?”  Minseok demanded blocking Luhan’s way out of the aisle of lockers.

“What are you talking about?  I’m fine.”  Luhan said as he tried to step around him.  Minseok compensated, stepping in front of him again.

“No, you’re not.  You’ve been avoiding me all morning.”

“No I haven’t.”  Luhan wished he had a better excuse than simple denial, but he couldn’t even begin to think of one.  He was too busy holding back the million other things he wanted to say.  He hoped beyond hope that Minseok would let him get away with it, but unfortunately, Minseok wasn’t buying it.

“Yes, you have.  So tell me, what’s going on?  We’re friends aren’t we?  You can tell me.” 

And Minseok’s tone was so earnest and so concerned and just the tiniest bit annoyed and Luhan was tired, so sick and tired of Minseok not be able to take a hint that the words just slipped from his mouth before he could stop them.

“That’s rich, coming from you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Tell me, if we’re friends, when were you going to mention the ex-boyfriend that won’t stop calling you?”

“What?” Minseok’s face paled, and his eyes widened, but the words were flowing now, and Luhan wasn’t going to stop.

“Or better yet, how about just that you liked guys at all?  I’m pretty sure you had plenty of chances.”

“How do you know about that?”  Minseok asked recovering enough to give some kind of response.

“I talked to him.” 

“You talked to my ex?  How?”

“I answered your phone.”

“You answered my phone!?”

Luhan nodded, unapologetic.  “I did.”

“What did he say?”  Minseok asked, clearly upset.

“Enough for  me to know that you dated, which told me more about your dating preferences than you’d ever told me.  Why is that by the way?  I’m curious.”

Minseok dragged a hand down his face.  “Why did you have to do that?  You aren’t supposed to know about any of this.”

“And why not?”  Luhan retorted.

“Because it ruins everything.”  Minseok exclaimed, voice getting slightly higher.

“Ruins everything?  What is there to ruin?”  Luhan answered back, voice also elevating.

“We’re friends, aren’t we?”  Minseok responded, tone slightly pleading.

Luhan shook his head.  “How can we be friends if you can’t even tell me you like guys?”

“What does that have to do with us being friends?”

“It has everything to do with it.  Friends don’t not tell their friends those kinds of things.  Friends don’t lie.”

Minseok let out another groan.  “I wasn’t trying to lie to you, it’s just... look, I can’t date you okay?”

That did little to help Luhan calm down.  “Do you honestly think telling me you like guys means we have to date?  It’s not like I go about hooking up with every gay male that crosses my path.”

“I know that.  It’s just…”  Minseok stopped talking again, letting out a frustrated huff.

“It’s just what Minseok?”  Luhan asked, equally frustrated.

Minseok was silent for several seconds before he started talking again, tone hesitant.  “Well, you like… liked me, didn’t you?”

The past tense, and the content of the words themselves, gave Luhan pause, but only for a second, which was about how long it took for his brain to realize exactly what that meant.  “You knew that and you still kissed me?”

“That was a mistake.  I didn’t mean…”  Minseok was back to sputtering again as he searched for words.   Luhan on the other hand, had plenty of words left to add.

“You didn’t mean to what?  Mess with my head and make me feel nervous and nauseous all at the same time?  You didn’t mean to make feel like every day?  Well guess what, bonus points for you because you did so anyways.”  

Minseok groaned.  “God this is so ed up.  Look, I didn’t want to do that okay?  I just didn’t tell you because telling you would mean that then you’d have a reason to think we could date, but we just can’t so I figured the best way for you to get over me was to be unavailable.”

Luhan rolled his eyes.  “Well you did a hell of a job.  Tell me, is being unavailable volunteering to help me teach, giving me bike rides, and dragging me to soccer games?”

Minseok let out a guilty sigh.  “Look, I know.  I mean, I knew I shouldn’t have kept doing those kinds of things, but I wanted to, and then somehow it just snowballed and I wanted to see you all the time, and even though I knew you didn’t know, I still wanted to spend time with you, and I should have realized just how much that was messing with you but I didn’t because I was just happy spending time with you and I’m so messed up that I didn’t realize I was being a complete idiot and I’m sorry, alright?”

Minseok stopped, chest heaving, looking completely devastated as Luhan tried to process the words that had just passed his lips.  I wanted to see you all the time.  I was just happy spending time with you…

“You like me.”  Luhan whispered, eyes widening in shock.

Minseok’s eyes widened in turn, “What?”

“You want to see me all the time.  You are happy just spending time with me.  You like me.”  Luhan repeated, becoming more convinced of the words as he spoke them.

“No, I don’t.” Minseok denied instantly.

“Yes, you do.”  Luhan countered.

“No, I—“

“You do, so why can’t we date?”  Luhan asked, cutting Minseok off.

“Because that will mess everything up.”  Minseok responded insistently.

“Why?”  Luhan persisted.

“Because if we date, I have to tell you everything, and if I have to tell you everything then you won’t want to date me anymore.”

Luhan shook his head.  “How can you know that?”

“I just do, okay?”  Minseok pleaded.

“And what if you’re wrong?”  Luhan wasn’t sure what exactly would happen if he was, but he was sure nothing would change unless they found out.  It was abundantly apparent however that Minseok didn’t see things the same way.

“That’s not a risk I’m willing to take.  I’d rather just be friends.”

Luhan shook his head again, becoming firmly convinced of that was not an option.  “Then we can’t be friends.”

“What?”  Minseok gasped, tone rife with disbelief.

Luhan’s hands began to move, emphasizing his point as he explained.  “Don’t you get it?  We can’t be friends because we never really were friends.  So if we can’t take the next logical step in this relationship, we can’t be anything.”

“But—“

“Leo knows doesn’t he?”  Luhan cut in, stopping Minseok’s protest.

“What?”  Minseok asked, confused by the sudden leap.

Luhan decided to explain so that Minseok could understand.   “Don’t you see?  Leo knows because he’s your friend.  I don’t know because I am not your friend.  Instead I am nothing.”

Minseok mouth fell open in shock for a few seconds before he found his bearings and he said, “You’re not nothing.”

Luhan shook his head in disagreement.  “Yes, I am.  Unless you decide to change that.”

Minseok was silent for a few more seconds after that before he whispered his response.  “I can’t.”

“Okay.”  Luhan said with a nod.

“What?” 

Luhan didn’t explain this time.  He simply walked away, walking past a wide eyed Ken and Leo as he shoved open the locker room door and headed to his car.

He didn’t really know where he was going until he pulled into the parking deck outside the gym, and then he knew exactly where he wanted to go, throwing open his car door and marching into the gym, going down the stairs to lower floor and proceeding to bang on the door to the kick boxing studio.  Tao had a class around noon.  He should already be in there.  He had to be.

“What is it?  Class isn’t for another hour.”  Tao groused when he finally ambled over to open the door. 

“I need to hit something.”  Luhan said simply as he pushed past a surprised Tao into the room.

“You need to hit something?”  Tao asked, quickly shutting the door and jogging to catch up with Luhan, who had immediately gone over to Tao’s bag to start digging through it in search of a set of hand wraps.

“Yes, I do.  These clean?”  He asked, holding up a pair of red wraps he had managed to dig up from the lower depths of the bag.

Tao nodded.  “They should be… Why do you need to hit something?”  He asked as Luhan gave a nod to that response and started to try to wrap his hands while simultaneously explaining himself.

“Because I am an idiot, and Minseok is an idiot, and I just ed up our entire relationship so badly that all I can think to do now is to hit something until I feel better, or worse.  I don’t really care.  I just don’t want to feel like I do right now.”

“Um… okay, can you at least let me do that for you first?  I’d really rather you didn’t hurt yourself.”

Luhan nodded and stuck his hands out into the air from where he was seated on the floor.  Tao took one and began to wrap it with quick, sure passes, sealing it off with the Velcro closure before grabbing Luhan’s other hand and repeating the process.  He then pulled Luhan to his feet, before leaning down and reaching past him to pull up a pair of boxing gloves from the floor.  He pushed them onto Luhan’s hands and made sure they were attached firmly at his wrists before stepping back to survey Luhan critically.  “Is there anything else I can do for you?”

Luhan shook his head, “I don’t really think so.”

“You have an hour.”  Tao cautioned quietly.

“That should be long enough.” 

“Then I’ll just leave you to it.”  Tao knelt down and grabbed his phone and a pair of headphones from his bag before heading out the door.  Luhan saw him slide down the wall opposite the studio through the glass panels of the wall, staying close enough to be nearby, but far enough away that Luhan could be alone. 

He appreciated that.  Tao was often annoying and clingy, but he also was pretty good at letting other people vent when they needed to, and right now, Luhan needed to vent, all over a UFC punching bag.

By the time he was done, he had come to few conclusions.

One, he hadn’t been wrong.  He and Minseok couldn’t keep playing friends like they had been. 

Two, he was a jerk.  There were at least 50 different ways he could have approached that conversation in the locker room that would have led to better outcomes, and none of those ways involved delivering Minseok an ultimatum in the way that he had.  Even if he was sure Minseok needed to tell him the truth, ordering him to do so like that had been completely unfair. 

And three, he still liked Minseok.  He wasn’t as sure if he was right about Minseok liking him, but the fact was that even if Minseok didn’t like him, Luhan still liked Minseok, which reinforced Luhan’s conclusion reached at number one because, until Luhan didn’t like Minseok, they could never really be friends, which , but was just the way it was going to have to be.

It was as Luhan began to pull off the gloves on his hands that Tao reentered the studio, taking the gloves from Luhan and spraying them down with disinfectant.

“Feeling better?”  Tao asked. 

“A little.”  Luhan answered with a shrug.  He had still been a jerk and everything was still messed up, but he at least kind of knew how he felt about things now, and Minseok knew how he felt about things too, which counted for something.

“Are you going to be alright?”  Tao asked, and for the first time, Luhan caught a hint of trepidation in his tone, hinting at just how worried Tao actually was. 

“Eventually,” Luhan said as he tried to put on what he hoped was a reassuring smile.

Tao just sighed before reaching out to pull Luhan into a hug.  “Feel better, alright?”

Luhan nodded against him.  “I’ll try.”

“Good.”  Tao said with a smile as they separated.

Luhan smiled back.  This time, it was real.  “I’ll return these once I wash them alright?”  He said as he held up his wrists.

“You better.  Those are some of my favorite ones.” 

Luhan laughed at Tao’s reproachful tone.  He probably had stolen Tao’s absolute favorites, not that he was going to admit that.  “I’ll try.”

Tao gave a nod before turning and reaching down into his bag to pull out another pair of wraps for his own hands as Luhan made his way out of the room.  He passed by Kyungsoo as he was going up the stairs, making him shake his head with another laugh.  Suho’s friends really were everywhere.

---

Luhan took another shower and then a nap when he got back to the dorm before being accompanied by Lay and Suho to dinner.  Neither of them asked any questions about how his day had been, opting to keep conversation to other topics, making Luhan certain that Tao had probably called Lay at some point during the day.

He didn’t really mind.  He needed a sense of normalcy after all the crazy that had happened in the last 24 hours, and he was grateful Lay and Suho were willing to provide that.  It made things easier, and also kept Luhan from checking his phone to see if Minseok had called, something he most definitely had not been doing all day since he had woken up from his nap.  (He had.)

Luhan sighed as he pulled it up to check it again as he sat on the couch around eleven.  He wasn’t really sure why he kept looking.  Hell a part of him wasn’t even sure he wanted Minseok to call because he didn’t have a clue how he was going to handle that conversation if he did. 

It was as Luhan began to ponder over that, that a knock broke through the silence of the apartment.

Luhan decided to not look through the peephole before opening it, not trusting himself to open the door if he saw Minseok there even if he needed to, and indeed that had been the right decision because, as he found himself face to face with Minseok after he opened the door, he immediately considered shutting it again.

He wasn’t really ready to deal with Minseok again.  Not yet.  Not when all the feelings were still so raw, and the hurt still barely processed, but he couldn’t bring himself to shut the door, not when Minseok’s face went from shocked to a strange mixture of relief and sadness.  Besides, it would have been unforgivably childish to try to run away from the same problem twice in one day, and that was not his style, as Kris would say.

Still that didn’t mean he had to talk first.  So he waited as Minseok began to shuffle slightly until he finally said, “Can I come in?”

“That depends.”  Luhan responded firmly, deciding on a course of action as he pulled the door slightly wider and stepped into the space to completely block Minseok’s entry.

“On what?”  Minseok asked quietly.

“On whether or not you are going to tell me everything.”

Minseok nodded slowly.  “And If I say no…”

“I’m slamming this door in your face.”  It was harsh, yes, but Luhan was certain that was the right answer. 

Minseok nodded again.  “Okay.”

“Okay, what?”

“Okay, I’ll tell you, but not today.”  Minseok clarified.

“Minseok.”  Luhan whined.

“Please, I’ll do it first thing tomorrow, but today… I’ve already reached my emotional conversation quota for today.”  Minseok pleaded.

“Then why are you here now?”  Luhan asked, perplexed.

“Because I wanted, no, I needed to see you.”  Minseok said, tone raw and honest, and so not helping Luhan stand firm in his decision.

“Minseok.” He whined again.

“Please.  I promise.  Tomorrow I’ll explain everything.”

“And what if you don’t?”  Luhan wasn’t sure of this.  He couldn’t trust Minseok.  Minseok had lied before.  Nothing would stop him from running away in the morning. 

“You can go ask Leo.  I told him to tell you everything if I don’t.”

Luhan’s eyes widened.   “You told him that?”

Minseok nodded.  “Mark that up as one of the conversations that has filled my quota for the day.  You can call and ask him if you want.”  Minseok continued, offering up his phone.

Luhan shook his head, pushing the phone down.  If Minseok was willing to let him call Leo, he had to at least be telling the truth about that, and even if he wasn’t, Luhan was slowly realizing that even if a very logical part of him really wanted to still shut the door in Minseok’s face, an even larger, completely illogical part just wanted to reach out and pull him into a hug because Minseok was really starting to look like he needed one and Luhan could use more than a couple himself.

In the end, Luhan compromised between the two and stepped out of the doorway.  “You can come in.”

“Thank you.”  Minseok whispered as entered and Luhan released the door to let it swing shut behind him.

Luhan shook his head.  “Don’t thank me.  I haven’t even done anything yet.”

Minseok shook his head.  “You let me in.  You didn’t even have to do that.”

Luhan considered that.  “Yes I did.”

“Huh?

“I had to let you in because that’s the only way we fix this, and I want to fix this.  Understand?”  Luhan asked as he locked eyes with Minseok.

Minseok nodded as he met his gaze.  “I understand.  Tomorrow, I promise.”

Luhan nodded.  “Okay.”

They stood in the kitchen in an awkward silence for several seconds after that until Minseok, after looking around the room blurted out, “Do you have an extra blanket?”

“For what?”  Luhan asked, confused.

“For the couch.  I don’t usually sleep very well without one.”  Minseok clarified, glancing behind himself at the now vacated sofa.

Luhan blinked once, then shook his head.  “You aren’t sleeping on the couch.”

“What?”  Minseok asked, surprised.

“Just sleep next to me.  You’ll be more comfortable.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“No, but you look in need of a good night’s sleep, and you won’t get one on that couch, and besides, it makes it a lot harder for you to run away.”

“I’m not going to run.”  Minseok repeated as he turned and made his way down the hallway and into Luhan’s room. 

Luhan followed after.  “Forgive me if I have a hard time believing that.”

Luhan paused in the doorway as he finished speaking watching as Minseok, who had kicked off his shoes, climbed into his bed before turning to face him in the doorway and saying.  “It’s me who needs to be forgiven.  Now come on, it looks like you could use a good night’s sleep too.”

Luhan nodded.  He definitely needed a good night’s sleep.  In fact, he probably needed at least ten after watching Minseok slip onto his bed and turn to invite him to join him, because even if the context was so completely ed up, apparently certain parts of Luhan’s brain and heart could still get excited at the prospect of sleeping next to him.  It remained to be seen if those parts we really smart or really dumb.

Rather than dwelling on that, Luhan flicked the lights off at the door to plunge the image into darkness before carefully making his way across his darkened room and sliding into his bed alongside Minseok. 

He then rolled up on his side to face away from Minseok towards his door because he really didn’t need to feed those voices anymore, but apparently Minseok missed that memo because not too long after Luhan had been lying there for a few minutes feigning sleep, he could feel Minseok curling up close behind him.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, and Luhan didn’t turn to check, but he was certain Minseok was now so close that his face was against his back.

“I’m sorry.”

Luhan also didn’t turn to check why his shirt was getting damp, but that was a relief.

He really didn’t want to know.

---

…this is why I am supposed to only write happy things with unicorns and rainbows

(and really, the next update won’t be until next weekend…. probably, sorry to leave you here <3)