The Gift

Break Up over the Phone

AN: Unbetaed. Forgive me for any typing mistake or grammar.

AN2:  Thank you for the comments, subscribing and upvotes.  ^^..Thank You!!!

 

Jaejoong was looking at the square velvet box given to him earlier.  From the moment Yoochun handed him that box, he had been looking at it. 

“Who gave me this?”

“Someone”

“Do you have to be this dramatic, Yoochun?  Tell me, who gave me this?”

“Yunho”

That square velvet box contained 18K yellow solid gold ‘Love Bracelet’ from Cartier.  The design is simple yet so beautiful.  He searched for any gift card or handwritten note that might came with the gift but none.  When he asked Yoochun, he just simply answered,

“Why don’t you call Yunho for it?”

Call? Call Yunho?  After what had happened the day he got wasted and confessed everything to Yunho, how can he do that?  He still is cringing when he remembered him confessing about wanting Yunho back, to Yunho himself.

“Oh how sweet of him.  Jaejoong did you know that the ‘Love Bracelet’ was meant to be given to one’s true love and then screwed into place for eternity” explained Junsu.  Looking at Yoochun, Junsu said, “If only someone gave me this too”

Looking up from the newspaper he had been reading, “Why do you want a bracelet, when I can give you a wedding ring, Junsu?”

He grabbed for his phone on his bedside table.  He searched Yunho’s contact number stored in his phone, although he memorized the number by heart, before he pressed the call button. 

“Hello” Yunho answered after the third ring.

“Am I disturbing you?”

“No..not really.”

Not really.  That means Yunho is in a middle of something.  Clearing his throat, “Maybe I should call you in another time.  Text me when you free.” Said Jaejoong

“I’m never too busy for you Jaejoong”

Oooooo…Can Yunho for once say he had something to do or he is busy right now,  so that he had excuse to hang up the phone. 

“I just want to say, thank you, for the bracelet”

“Oh.  Okay.  Do you like it?”

“Yes, I do”.  “Yunho, the other day, you said we can meet up after you got back from Tokyo.  Do you have time tomorrow?”asked Jaejoong.  “I have something to say..to discuss.. with you but not over the phone.  Can we meet up this Sunday?” 

“Sure.  Are 9 in the morning okay with you?  Have breakfast with me?"

“Okay” answered Jaejoong.  “Yunho…”

“Yes, jae”

“I miss you” said Jaejoong.  Without waiting for Yunho’s reply, he ended the call.  Although his bedroom is air-conditioned, he feel hot all of sudden.  His face feels hot.  Standing in front of his dressing mirror, looking at his reflection, he can clearly see his face had turned red.  Patting up his cheeks, Jaejoong walks into his bathroom to clean up himself before bed.  Brushing his teeth, he heard chime from his phone.  Gargling a bit, he properly washed his mouth and wiped his face with a towel.  Walking to his bed, sitting down, he took the phone and saw a message from Yunho.

‘I miss you too’

<3<3<3

After reading the text, Jaejoong thought what actually happened to them, to their relationship.  Why he suddenly asked Yunho something like that?  Why he do that? There are so many questions running in his head right now.  But he has another three days until he meet up with Yunho.  For now, cuddling Bambi, a stuffed toy given to him from Yunho, closing his eyes, he hoped he dream of Yunho in his sleep.

 

 

 

AN:  if you guys think this chapter feel a bit off, please tell me.