Break Up over the Phone

Break Up over the Phone

Jaejoong stops for a while after spending the last hour reading e-mail from his client about their new contract.  When he is about to take a sip of water, he saw his phone on the table.  He swiped his phone screen and saw 5 unread messages and 10 missed calls.  All of it is from the same number, Yunho.  He looked blankly at the phone screen and he feels unsettled.  Any phone call or text message from Yunho doesn’t make him happy or giddy anymore and he wonders since when does he felt like this.  Is it because he no longer spent time with yunho or the fact of people’s saying that feeling will died down if we spend so many years with the same person in a relationship is actually true?

He pressed the contact and looked for yunho’s name and he dialed the number when he found it.  He waited for the call to be connected.  Two rings turned to six and when he was about to ended the call, the call was answered.

“Hello?” “Jae, is that you?”

Jaejoong frowned when he heard the question.  Did yunho no longer have his number saved in his phone?

“Yeah, Yunho. Its me,”answered Jaejoong curtly.

“Hi baby. i miss you”, said yunho happily

No longer want to make this call longer, “Yunho, What will you do if I broke up with you?”

“What?”

“I said, what will you do if I.Broke.Up.With.You?” asked jaejoong.

“Why would you do that?” aaked Yunho, his voice sounded confused.

“Darn it, Yunho.  Just answer the question”

“I’ll get back with my ex”

Fighting back tears, “Now I see how much you care, about me, about us, Yunho.  I’m so done with you,”

As he was about to end the call, he heard yunho asked him something

“Jae, wanna go out with me later?”

“Why don’t you go out with your ex, idiot?” seriously how dare yunho asking him out after this incident.

“You are my ex.  We just broke up, remember?” said yunho.

“Oh. Oh..Oh.. Okay ”

“Okay, I'll pick you up.Hey Jae!"

"What?"

"I still love you, boyfriend or not,”

After he heard yunho said that and instead of saying “I love you” back at yunho, jaejoong pressed the end button, looking at his phone, he wonders, did he and yunho just broke up or not?