Rainy Days (Luhan)

L U C K Y - EXO One-Shots and Preferences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sighed as you stepped out of the subway station. Why was it always raining? It made everything seem so cold and gloomy. You reached into your bag and pulled out your trusty red umbrella. Luckily you had brought it with you today. After a few times of being caught in the rain and going home in damp clothes looking like a drowned rat you had taken to always keeping an umbrella in your bag for days like this. 

Taking a deep breath to prepare yourself you stepped out into the rain, careful to make sure your whole body was protected from the rain. You walked down the streets, looking into a few shops as you went. It was surprisingly busy despite the rain. Couples were window shopping while cuddling close under their shared umbrellas. Friends laughed and joked around under the shelter of the shops. You smiled slightly to yourself, a bittersweet feeling growing in your heart. You had never been a very social person, always being a but of an introvert. However today you found yourself feeling a bit lonely. 

You pouted your lips slightly while wishing you had someone to spend these rainy days with. Maybe then they wouldn't feel so cold and empty. Just then you felt someone lightly brush past you. Looking up you saw a young man, probably around your age, rushing to find shelter from the rain. He had a hoodie on but no umbrella, and you frowned as you watched him. He was completely soaked and you could see his body shivering and shaking from the cold. You bit your lip in contemplation. He had come to a stop under the awning of a cosmetics store, but he was only partially covered. There were others using it as cover and he seemed reluctant to get closer to them. He kept shooting them anxious looks as though they might jump him at any moment. 

You were completely torn over what to do. A part of you wanted to give him your umbrella... But then you would get soaked. As you were wrestling with yourself you saw him begin to cough, his body shaking from the force. Then his head raise and you got your first look at his face. You couldn't see him very clearly as he was wearing a hood and a mask but it was his eyes that made your heart sink. He was obviously a bit ill and he looked completely exhausted. You felt a tug on your heart and immediately made up your mind. You were a healthy girl, a little rain wouldn't hurt you. He needed it more than you. 

Timidly, you made your way over to him. As you got closer you realized he was actually very handsome. He was quite tall and towered over your small frame, and he had subtle, graceful muscles. His skin was flawless and fair, despite the dark circles under his eyes. Speaking of which, he had the most beautiful eyes you had ever seen. They were big and clear, so innocent and pretty. They reminded you of a deers eyes. 

You cleared your throat to get his attention and his eyes shot up to meet yours looking startled. You temporarily forgot what you were going to say as you got lost in his eyes. Your mouth opened and closed, probably reminding him of a goldfish, and you felt your cheeks burn in embarrassment. 

You shook your head trying to collect your thoughts. "Um, here. You look like you need this more than me," you said softly as you grabbed his cold hand and placed the umbrella in it. You turned to walk away but you were stopped by a gentle grip on your elbow. 

"Wait," he called softly. 

You looked back at him questioningly. "I can't take this. What will you use then?" He tried to hand it back to you but you simply smile kindly at him. "I'll be fine. I don't have far to go. Besides, I'm stronger than I look," you assured him. 

He shook his head at you, “I can't let you get soaked because of me. What kind of a man would I be if I let a girl freeze while I stay dry?” You resisted the urge to roll your eyes knowing he was just trying to be chivalrous.

“Well I can't go home with a clear conscience knowing I left you out here to get sick,” you argued. His eyebrows furrowed and he seemed to be in deep thought. “How about we both share the umbrella until we reach a coffee shop or something and then we can wait until the rain stops. Unless you have somewhere you need to be?” His eyes looked hopeful, and you felt your stomach flop. Gosh, he was so cute.

“No.. I guess I could do that,” you replied, trying not to appear too eager. His eyes crinkled slightly, so that although you couldn't see it, you knew he was smiling. His smile proved to be contagious and you found you couldn't stop the grin that bloomed on your face. He stepped out from under the awning and held the umbrella out slightly, his eyes inviting you to join him. You smiled shyly and stepped under, careful to give him his space. He chuckled lowly and your stomach did another flip. “You're going to have to come closer if you don't want to get rained on. I promise I don't bite,” he said jokingly as he gently grabbed your arm and pulled you close.

You felt your face warm again and found you were glad the sun wet down so early these days. You two walked slowly and in silence on your way to find refuge. Strangely the silence wasn't at all awkward or uncomfortable, rather it was calming and comfortable. A companionable silence. However, your heart was anything but calm as it pounded in your chest. What is wrong with me? You felt felt like a young girl with a crush. You could feel the heat from his arm as it rubbed against yours. Such a light, innocent touch was causing butterflies to erupt and your heart to speed up. You hadn't felt this nervous or excited in a long time.

You quickly reached the cafe and you silently wished for time to slow down. It was strange but you found you didn't mind walking in the rain if it was with him. 

Walking into the packed cafe the two of you quickly made your way to two open chairs near the back of the room. "Wow it's packed in here. I guess there are a lot of people looking for a place to w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter