Chicken or Me? (Kai)

L U C K Y - EXO One-Shots and Preferences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You smiled widely as you glanced down at the text you had just sent to your boyfriend.


'Jongin oppa~ I hope your day has been good! My day was wonderful as my head was filled with thoughts of our date all day! I can't wait to see you ^^'


Your boyfriend had been really busy lately and honestly you were starting to feel really worried. Some days you worried you both would start to drift apart; that was your biggest fear. Because of this, you always made sure to keep in contact as much as possible. No matter how busy either of you were, you made sure to text throughout the day, and to call or video call at least once a day. Sometimes though you felt like you were the only one putting effort into this relationship. You felt that although you always put Kai first, he often put other things first.


For example, just last week you were supposed to go to the movies for the first time in forever, but he had cancelled at the last minute. It turned out that he had gone to spend time with his dogs instead. You tried to be understanding, you really did! But you couldn't help but feel that he had chosen the dogs over you. Weren't you, as his girlfriend, a higher priority then them? Weren't your feelings more important? You sighed heavily, shaking your head lightly. 


'Ah,' you thought, 'I really shouldn't be thinking such depressing thoughts.'


None of that matters today! You were finally going to see him and spend the night with just the two of you.


Ding! The sound of your phone drew you from your thoughts. A grin crept it's way back onto your face as you saw the name on your phone. 'Jagi~ I can't wait to see you too! Meet you at the cafe in half an hour?'


Your smile grew more at the thought of seeing Kai in only half an hour. You had secretly been worried he would cancel again. Jumping up from the couch you ran into your rook and started rummaging through your clothes. You wanted to look your best and remind him of what he had been missing!


After carefully selecting your outfit and touching up your hair and makeup you grabbed your bag and made your way out the door. 


The weather had started to cool down lately and you rubbed your arms through your sweater as a breeze swept your hair.


You arrived at the cafe exactly on time and looked around excitedly. A sense of dread filled your stomach when you realized he wasn't there yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter