Chapter 4

Wise Investment

"I-  I think I am going to skin Suho alive." Kris spoke in his phone, arms flailing dramatically, voice in his usual disdainful tone. He could hear the distressed Chanyeol sobbing on the other side, saying he was by a mere wolf-puppy which had no knowledge of hormones and stuff. Chanyeol was normally smiley and even freaking too optimistic. Kris wondered how formidable Baekhyun must had been to put Chanyeol on the edge and started begging on the phone. It was almost 3am already and all Kris can do was to wait. Wait for a freaking leopard to come home. He hadn't notified Suho of the missing leopard in case the man would go all nuts and start babbling. Kris coolly sat on his couch, sipping on chamomile tea, sniffing the fragrance now and then, feeling like a rock star indulging in rocking silence.

"Nothing happened to you yet?" Chanyeol questioned and Kris clicked his tongue, "No I guess."
"Kyungsoo is making a huge fuss on Twitter saying his first kiss is gone. I bet it must have been the other wolf puppy. Can't they control their hormones?" Kris smirked, amused and he stood up from his couch, and delved his hands into his coat pocket. He fished out his wallet and inhaler. He had his phone between his ear and shoulder while he opened his wallet, ready to make a Pizza Delivery with his credit card. 
 
"Why not you dump your puppy and meet me at my house? I am ordering pizza-" Chanyeol sighed on his side, looking over to the sleeping puppy. "I don't know if it is a good idea-"
 
"HOLY MOTHER. MY INHALER. Breathe!"
 
"Hey hey Kris, what happened? Asthma attack?"
 
Loud breathing sounds were heard.
"Yes."
 
"Oh my god. Are you that passionate and vigorous over speaking on phone with me?"
 
"No! Chanyeol! Damn that leopard. My credit card is stolen. Stolen!"
 
"Wait what-" Chanyeol screamed," Stolen?! Are you sure the criminal is the leopard?"
 
"Yes." Sobbing sounds were loud and heart wrenching. 
.
.
.
"He came home. With Gucci, Prada and Beanpole camping stuff. He had liquor in his hands. I think he went clubbing."
 
"This is confusing. Are you sure you are sane?"
 
"Oh my god. How much are those?"
Shouting in a deep voice , Kris asked and the tall boy tilted his head, smiling, "I don't know. I paid Them with credit card."
 
"Hey hey, Kris? Are you there?"
 
 
"Hello. Baekhyun's mate! I recognized your voice! Can you tell me the hospital's number? I think Kris fainted."
.
 
.
 
,
 
 
"I can't live with you." Kyungsoo wailed, pointing to the wolf-puppy accusingly. It was only seven am, yet chaos already descended. Sehun felt like he was dying, deprived of slumber. He eyed Kyungsoo and Kris who were lashing out on Suho in the store. Chanyeol had considerately bought breakfast and Sehun wolfed the bacon and egg down. 
"What is happening, Channie?" Baekhyun leaned nearer to Chanyeol and Chanyeol looked away, unnerved.
"Do they not like my brother? Or is Tao bad?" Chanyeol could see the slight quivering in Baekhyun's lips. He immediately shook his head and rocked Baekhyun's head on his shoulders as if the shorter was a baby. Then Baekhyun sniffed and commented again, "Tao is crying!"
Tao already cried ,in fact according to Kris, he had been crying since the trip on the subway. Chen vaguely spoke about how developed Tao's tear glands must had been but shut up when the rabbit boy, Xiumin looked sympathetic towards Tao. Kris glared at Chanyeol," traitor!"
Chanyeol could not care less and Suho flustered, could not take Kyungsoo's words in his head.
"Jongin behaved." Suho weakly argued but Kyungsoo glared back.
Xiumin perked up and Chen could see an obvious interest in the topic. "What had Jongin done?" Chen asked.
Kyungsoo 's eyes widened and Chen cringed at the sight. " He- "
" I stole milk." Jongin plainly said. Kyungsoo shook his head but Jongin still continued, " I stole his milk.  He went haywire."
"That is very petty of you." Chen scowled and commented, heart b with satisfaction when Xiumin nodded. Kris froze and eyed Kyungsoo, "Is that the reason!? That is pretty petty."
"Hey! That is not all!" Kyungsoo cried.
"I sort of away the milk he spilled on his -"
"That is your problem. Kyungsoo! He merely away the milk you spilt. And the only thing I find fault is that you let him - who knows how dirty the surface he was. " Suho rolled his eyes , even accusingly glaring at Kyungsoo.
"Meanie!" Chen shouted and Kris sighed, "So dramatic of you, Kyungsoo."
"Shut up! You all know nothing-"
"Owl Eyes is mean!" Tao screamed and Baekhyun shouted in unison with the others ,"Bad boy!"
"Wow, hey Chanyeol, I thought I am your best friend? Can you tell him to shut up!"
"Chanyeol! He is scolding me." Baekhyun sniffed and teardrops fell down his cheeks. Chanyeol wiped them off with his sleeves and let the latter bury his nose in his chest, while gripping the clothes tightly. 
"Okay. I am asking you now, chanyeol, are you going to keep this puppy quiet?"
Chanyeol ignored and Kyungsoo snorted, "I bet you are trying to get into Baek puppy's pants. "
Chanyeol glared almost instantly and Kyungsoo looked back intimidatingly.
"He can get in any moment! You have no control over it!" Baekhyun wagged his fingers, actually not quite understood what Kyungsoo said but he didn't mind sharing pants with Chanyeol since what he was wearing was also Chanyeol's old too small clothes.
The whole store froze. 
Kyungsoo gulped, "I didn't know you are that fast in progress, Chanyeol. I underestimated you. You are a big fat professional in romance."
Chanyeol shook his head and this time, Kris cut in, "Is that why you are up in 3am calling me, telling me he seduced you and you are so tempted you gave in for a moment?"
Chanyeol almost wanted to cry and Baekhyun could tell that his mate was distressed so he thought a lie would be good.
"What do you mean by calling you at 3am? He was sleeping with me!" 
Silence filled the area. Chanyeol clasped his hand over Baekhyun. Enough. Baekhyun is making things worse.  
"Wow. So wild, aren't you?" Xiumin can't bear and Luhan nodded along. Xiumin casted a look at Kyungsoo, "Maybe you are the next."
"I won't complain then." Kyungsoo  gulped and in which Jongin smiled back amused. 
 
None of us are functional enough ton rite nowadays:(