Chapter 1

Wise Investment

Wise Investment Indeed

Suho shakes the old man's hand and the old man casts one last look to his creatures before breathing in and nags again, " you must take care of them."

Suho nods.He has been really very patient with elderly and never gets irritated but this peculiar elder just gets on his nerves.Maybe he has gotten too attached to these little beings but he has been rambling for one hour about the same things. Suho has not have time to survey the place and understand the animals around yet. This large pet store in the middle of the best influx of crowd and the surrounding breathtaking scenery is a godly combination of investment that is just too heavenly to reject. Suho thanks his mum for integrating kindness in him when one day, he merely stops by to just pet a random puppy and has gotten to know its owner, a seventy years old strange bearded man who asks if he is interested in running a pet business. He gets skeptical but later on tries his luck and decides to search the place up. The store earns quite a lot and the people who buy pets there give very positive feedbacks.

The feedback column reads:
Buys a special pet names it my pretty eunhyukie and it is really the love of my life. If I ever live single with it, I die happily.
-donghae (in love with eunhyukie)

The others are more normal with some commenting that the pets do behave and are strangely of rare species. Suho visits the store and is secretly elated to know that the deal is still on. The price is reasonable or maybe a bit too low for a shop like that. However it seems like the owner is trying to retire to somewhere and continue his research in a western country. The owner briefly introduces him the pets and says that some of them are of rare species and Suho needs to call up the government agency to check on the interested buyer first before proceeding to purchase it. Suho questions if the very daunting process deter buyers. The man shrugs and says it does but some still go ahead because once they see the pets, their longing will triumph everything. Suho considers it seriously and eventually asks his fellow brothers. They reply in a rather surprised tone that suho wants to have a business of his own especially when suho has a family business which is manned by him and is already quite a Tiring job. Suho smiles and shrugs. Well, that is when Chanyeol offers to chip in and becomes the vet of the store since he really dislikes the pet hospital he works for which advocates dying medicine for the old pets. Kris is the third one to in and says he no longer can stand the deputy pet trainer for arrogantly insulting his style and something about pride. Suho nods, saying he will now look for the owner. The owner is a tad naggy and is particularly going through things in details about the group of 6 pets which are the Gems of the store.

Suho does find it weird but he patiently waits for the man to finish and signs the contract.

"I will clean up and you can get your store by tomorrow." The owner smiles bitterly in which the kind soul Suho replies,"you can come back anytime."

The man greets back smiling and now this is how things ended. Suho realises that the owner is holding onto an airplane ticket and a luggage in his hand, the owner hands him the keys and beams.

"Promise me. Don't Abandon any of them."

Suho nods obediently and waves the man off.

"Hey chanyeol, you can come now." Suho speaks into his phone and a curt reply is heard before the line goes flat. Suho breathes in and survey the area until he notices a squirrel with a nut in his hands, looks up at him. Eyes sparkling and clear, the squirrel does not appeared intimidated but rather unfazed. Is that curiosity- Suho sees? Suho beams back, and reaches out to touch the squirrel. The squirrel runs away and back into the opened cage he is in. Suho continues to watch as the squirrel stretch itself and lies flat on the ground.

"My. This place is huge." Chanyeol gasps entering and eyes at Suho who is sweeping the floor.

"There is a backyard, serving as a pet zoo. And a well-equipped pet hospital-like room for your duties. And... There is a coffee room, the size of Two dorm rooms for leisure. And lastly this is the gallery for all the pets."

Chanyeol's mouth falls opened.

"Wow."

A "close" sign hangs on the door and Suho does not intend to open it for the first two days. Chanyeol surveys the place and eyes landed on the leopard hybrid and points at it,"wow! Does it grow? Honestly I have no experience handling wild animal."

Suho turns to the animal( is that a offended face?) and coos," but it is cute,isn't it?"

Chanyeol nods and says,"we need kris in this. We may need to be grateful that Kris does have experience being an animal trainer in the zoo too."

Suho laughs and his phone rings. No doubt is his brother who is currently a studying student.

"Huh? Sehun and you are coming? Okay can. See you."
Suho hangs up and smiles as Chanyeol approaches the wolf puppy hybrid. The
slightly whiter one gets patted but it snarls and bit Chanyeol, causing Chanyeol to yell and fall backwards. Suho rushes into the storeroom for the first aid kit. Chanyeol clenches on his hand but still(just as soft-hearted as he is) looks kindly at the badly behaved wolf hybrid that walks off, head high and proud. Then the other one comes by with eyes round and inquisitive. A wolf puppy hybrid too.
Chanyeol is a bit wary but the creature comes closer and sniffs Chanyeol. Chanyeol grins and uses his un-injured palm to caress the puppy. To his surprise the puppy leans into his touch and yelps cutely.

 

"Oh my god. I think I love you the most." Chanyeol's deep voice resounded and as if the puppy understood, it waves its tail happily and at the wounded hand.

"Don't it. It maybe dirty." Chanyeol pries the puppy away and the puppy's ears drooped down in disappointment and Chanyeol melts like ice in a hot weather. "You can my face instead."

The puppy barks a bit, soft and shy before the face timidly yet affectionately. Chanyeol giggles.

"I guess you are healed huh?" Suho chuckles and puts the first aid kit down beside Chanyeol.
Chanyeol nods and puts down the puppy to bandage himself. Suho's phone rings again and this time, a singing voice is heard and Suho groans,"Buddy. I am not going to have what animal theme music."

"Waka waka eh eh." The voice answered; before the owner's cheeky voice sounded, "Kris and I are coming in a few minutes' time."

Suho can hear an irritated muffled deep voice and nods grudgingly," okay brother."

Chanyeol laughs at how Suho is irritated at Chen and turns to see the squirrel which runs out of the opened cage. His eyes fixed on Suho and tilts its head sidewards. Chanyeol beams at it," Suho is busy, isn't him?"

Then a bark was heard and the puppy crawled on his lap again. Yelping incessantly, it rolls around.

"Okay baby, what is your name?"

His eyes trailed to the nametag.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol smiles, "Baek."

He does not know how much Baekhyun likes the way his name rolls off the creepy smiling tall guy.
Baekhyun happily yelps and jumps off the lap to find his brother, Kai who bites the previous man earlier and barks loudly at him. Causing both Suho and Chanyeol to jump in surprise. Kai does not reply and merely stares. Baekhyun later stands in front of the leopard hybrid which hangs lazily on the short table.

It barks again and the leopard hybrid stirs.

Baekhyun proceeds to run to the kitten in the cage and barks louder.
The kitten purrs back and Chanyeol and Suho stare at each other in shock.
Are these pets conversing with each other?

"I guess they have a sense of unity."

Their conclusion that is when they are unable to find another better excuse for Baekhyun's bizarre acts.

"Waka waka."

"Shut up."

"Eh EH!"

"He has been like that even in the subway." Kris glared at the unfazed younger one. Kris cringed at the memory of Chen singing loudly, attracting attention.

Chen pranced around and played the music with his phone and started dancing in the middle of the gallery. He shamelessly shakes his and puts on aeygo.

"I will kill him for you." Chanyeol remarks and rolls his eyes. Chanyeol walks over, ignoring the angrily stomping puppy. He grabs Chen by the neck and pretends to suffocate the man. Kris claps happily and Suho sighs.

Suho can only  shout above the din, "we will have the meeting when Kyungsoo and Sehun come! And Kris do you mind throwing the garbage for me?"

 

__________________________________________________________________________________



"Sehun overslept." Kyungsoo pointedly glares at Sehun, "I tried to drag him out of the train but his slumber is ... Just so deep."

Sehun whines and whimpers,"sorry. Hyung."

Chanyeol seems happy and claps," okay with the pets as witnesses, we officially became the shareholders!"

Kyungsoo ignores and looks at his brother, "I am not a shareholder, right? Me and Sehun are just working part-time."

"Sehun contributes actually." Suho replies, "he persuaded his dad to provide him money for investment."

Sehun nods boringly before he abruptly stands up and walks towards the kitten.

"He is a rare? He looks pretty normal."

"Yes. According to the owner. He is one of the rare so allowed to run freely."

The kitten purrs quietly and uses his rounded watery eyes to attract the man. Luhan smiles within. It will be a matter of seconds before the younger will jump and cuddle him. Sehun looks bored and instead reaches to pat the rabbit by the kitten's side.Luhan immediately purrs in disbelief and rolls around for attention.Baekhyun yelps and runs towards Chanyeol again, racing into Chanyeol's embrace.Kris looks surprised at the puppy's consistent love for the lanky boy.Suho coughs for attention and smiles, "so this is our proposal I will be announcing for the year."

Sehun draws back his hand and sits back obediently while Chanyeol pets Baekhyun one last time before the puppy gets the hint and runs back to Kai.
"We have a total of twenty pets in this store for now." Suho says , muttering "including the six."

"Since they are rare as stated by the owner, they are domestic, allowed to roam freely. There are profiles of the animals in the third row of cabinets there. For that, there is a special request by the previous owner."

"Which is..." Suho pauses, "we have to bring the rare home.they are not allowed to stay here overnight ."

"Urhh why?" Kris asks, eyes widening. Suho shakes his head," no idea. But this is stated in our contract."

"Easy. Each takes one home." Chanyeol says and Sehun frowns.

"But which one?" Chen leans in and asks animatedly, "how about we let the animals choose?"



"This is ing retarded." Kris remarks, "I am a pet trainer for god's sake. Of course they come to me!"

o"If you hold their food." Chen remarks and in a Shrill annoying definitely not ear pleasing noise"Come on! Baby!"

They are lined up in straight line and all the pets have their faces on the glass cases to catch the legendary pet choosing airing in front of them. In their case, the pets choose their preferred ones.

"Okay. Once the phone alarm rings, you all run to us, okay?" Kris instructs and surpisingly the pets reply, barking, purring or others. Kris smirks smugly but in actual fact, he is perplexed inside. Chen recognises him a snort.

BEEP!

The kitten strolls in front of them, turning slightly teasingly. 

There are excited roars in the store.The humans standing up agitatedly except for confused Kyungsoo and the still emotionless Sehun. The leopard hybrid is the first to make the choice though, he makes his path to Kris. Kris looks happy but afraid at the same time. Leopard?

Chen eyes at the shirt Kris is dressed in and groans that Kris is cheating. Kris shrugs and even himself doubts that his leopard shirt is the reason for the leopard's choice. Chen stops his annoying shrill shouts only when a rabbit stands in front of him. 

"I don't care! This chooses me already!"

Suho nods and Chanyeol facepalmed as Chen picks up the rabbit and mutters it name, "Xiumin! you are mine!"

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol chants, "I thought you will choose me!"

The wolf puppy hybrid looks unfazed, himself, taking his own sweet time. His brother looks at him and barks.It is the first response of the pet after it bit Chanyeol and everyone looks on curiously. It walks towards Chanyeol and is about to fall in Chanyeol's excited embrace when a fur of black speeds past and falls right into Chanyeol's arms. Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun , all confused but the puppy merely yelps and Chanyeol again.

 
The younger wolf hybrid turns to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo freezes. It crawls onto Kyungsoo's lap. 
 
Finally, the game ended when the worried kitten runs to Sehun and the last one goes to Suho.
 
"Oh god. It is evening already."
 
"That is all for now." Suho announces, "Scram guys. Scram."
with the squirrel in his arms, he cannot help but feel that m
 
PEEK!
 
"I kiss you!"
"Not true!"
 
"Is true. My brother you already."


Fabulous SUBBIES/UPVOTERS/READERS/COMMENTOR,

You all are so fab!!!
This chapter is a bit boring just a run through on Suho's side plus a bit of possessive and "jongin whipped baek" moves there.
 Kyungsoo being serious and always prim and proper. Sehun just doesn't give a damn. And chanyeol is just the warm hearted boy. Kris the image obsessed man here. Chen the little too annoying troll and lastly our dear suho ssi too bad too sad, always busy and annoyed.
You probably could have guessed. The drama rolls from the wolf puppy first but later you will get a fine slice of cheesecake of another couple ehh.
Guess? Which one?
Xoxo, 
Rainlit_reverie & Mysteryher "rawrs"