Chapter 2

Wise Investment

Revelation- Hybrids

 

"Why can't we change into human form?"

The six of them surround the old man in the middle of the room, sitting on the ground while the old man smiles kindly, rocking in the rocking chair," You shouldn't be scaring them on your first meeting. They knew nothing of your existence so far."

Xiumin snaps his fingers in glee, "That is what the fun is about! Let's scare him until he pees in the pants."

The old man sighs and using the file in his hand, smacks Xiumin on the head, "Stop pranking. It is not a he but them."

Baekhyun's face lights up, "Are they our mates?"

Baekhyun's expectant look melts the man ,the elder ruffles Baekhyun's hair and shakes his head, "No. Baekhyun. They are nice people that are going to be your new masters."

"Old Papa, are you leaving us?" Kai crosses his arms, feigning to look angry but in the old man's eyes, he knows Kai is upset. He nods slowly and a collective gasp is heard. Xiumin's eyes rounded and he screams, "but! You say you are just going to be there for Leo and you didn't say you are leaving us."

Luhan keeps the silence, actually the only one who gets the elder's numerous hints earlier on about leaving this place for good.

The elder shrugs, "I need to stay with Leo. He is too weak. The stupid researchers cannot do their jobs well."

Tao is on the verge of tears and his Baekhyun hyung is patting him on the head. Luhan finally breaks the tension, "when are you leaving."

"Today at 11am sharp." the elder replies. He looks over at Kai and Yixing who look petrified and annoyed at the same time.

He smiles gently, "I picked this young man personally. He says all his friends are good and I believe him. He is too good to lie."

"But... after seeing us, they might just abandon us Don't forget that we are freaks to them!" Luhan bursts out ,saying, no longer able to contain the uncertainity stuck in his throat. Everyone nods and even Kai, the most arrogant one pleads, "Can't you stay?"

The elder feels guilt creeping up his heart at a rapid pace but he firmly sayd, "I am sure they won't do tha to you all."

All of the pets look away, accepting and the elder smiles, "Go back to your original forms now. Your new master is coming in thirty minutes' time."


 

 

"Is he our new master?" Tao nudges Baekhyun with his leopard tail and Baekhyun growls back cutely, "I don't know."

 

He watches as the angelic man shakes their master's hand and waves the elder goodbye. Surprisingly, Xiumin is very cooperative and stays in his corner for a while. Baekhyun curiously peeks at the oldest hybrid and the oldest hybrid is seen to have tears b in his red eyes. Luhan seems to notice too and sits by the rabbit's side the entire time. Kai is in a bad mood and has been scratching the carpet the umpteen time. Only Yixing and Tao are like him, not saying anything while awaiting for their new masters. Maybe they are too curious and too afraid to cry. Baekhyun lies on the carpet and frowns as the thread is seen pulled out by Kai. Kai shoots a glare.

Baekhyun says nothing.

"Oh my god. Is Lay hyung nuts?" Tao mumbles and all the other pets stifle their gasps as Lay approach the new owner with his snack and gaze up at him curiously. Suho- oh, that is their new master's name looks back, surprised, mouth opened and eyes not leaving the Lay as Lay runs back to the cage in fright. 

He looks gentle. Baekhyun smiles to himself as he notices a wide beam spreading across Suho's face. Suho proceeds to call the other owners and Baekhyun starts to get worried.

will they like us? Do they like pets? Or are we just money to them? 

Baekhyun unknowingly yelped softly and Kai places his paw on Baekhyun's shoulders, asking him to calm down. Baekhyun finally find tears gathering in his eyes and starts to get more frantic. Kai has never been a good comforter so he merely watches in pained agony as his hyung starts to go haywire and is prancing around nervously. 

Finally, what seems like eternity ends with the appearance of a tall and lanky man. Baekhyun immediately tenses and freezes at his spot. He examines the man, eyes not leaving the person as the person named Chanyeol greets Suho. All his frantic thoughts gone down the drain when he hears the man speaking with the deep soothing voice,amazed by the structure of the store. 

This man gives him the warm tingles in the stomach and he sighs contentedly as Chanyeol continues to speak in his low tone. 

I like his warm aura. Baekhyun wags his tail but Kai seems unconvinced, eyes rolling. Yixing seems to have fallen asleep in his cage while Luhan continues his stance bedise the weeping Xiumin. Even Tao looks skeptical.

Baekhyun frowns. This man, Chanyeol is obviously nice! They are too paranoid, right?

Chanyeol suddenly diverts his attention to the pets.Baekhyun blinks and his breathing hitches. He looks over at Luhan who looks similarly appalled when Chanyeol kneels down beside Kai and him. Kai suddenly gets defensive and stands in front of him. 

My brother... Baekhyun mutters and feels all teary-eyed and feels the world crushes on him.

Kai bites Chanyeol's hand and struts away, still keeping up with the stance of being mighty and upright. Baekhyun panicks within.

Chanyeol must be angered. He will throw Jongin out! NO NO!

Baekhyun approaches Chanyeol timidly despite the loud purring by Luhan. The man now sittin gon the floor with a bleeding hand winces in pain. Baekhyun stares at the wound and sighs at Kai's temper.

He walks towards him and sniffs Chanyeol. Surprisingly, his puppy instincts deems Chanyeol harmless as the man merely flashes a sheepish smile, looking at his own wound and stares at Baekhyun. Baekhyun jerks as Chanyeol pats him gently and flashes the most charming grin that Baekhyun sees.

He can hear Xiumin saying, "Oh my god. His smile is even creepy!" in the background.

Not true. He is so gentle and nice!

He leans into the touch and yelps happily.

"Oh my god. I think I love you the most." Baekhyun stops leaning into the touch and his heart skips a beat as the deep laughters reverbrated. Tao stares incredulously and Kai in a sharp gasp. Baekhyun wags his tail happily and Chanyeol's hand to express his care. Yet Chanyeol pulls him away and he is surprisedly disappointed until the lanky man says, "You can my face instead."

THAT IS A KISS!

Baekhyun's heart races and his minds stirs like a tornado.

After a while, he Chanyeol and feels his body temperature goes higher.

I found a mate.

Baekhyun feels like he is in heaven until Chanyeol leaves his side and starts to make his way to another man, even ignoring him!

He will pay for it.

Even though Kai is an alpha, he sometimes have to admit Omega Baekhyun is tough case, even tougher than him. And the little's rage is... really one that easily gets out of hand.

So just like what everyone have guessed, Kai has to fake his favour for the lanky man until Baekhyun gives up being angry and becomes jealous and afraid, running to Chanyeol again to be taken home.

 

 


 

 

Baekhyun remembers what Luhan says. Luhan instructs them to shut their mouths and not make anyone stupid moves until he explains to the clueless humans about them. So Baekhyun does not bother waking the giant beside him and snuggles further into Chanyeol's embrace and sniffed in the scent of his master. Chanyeol stirs and just hugs Baekhyun closer. Baekhyun stifles a gasp and the corner of his lips tugs upwards.

He catches sight of the fragrance wafting in the room and his head peeks out from Chanyeol's chest, seeing a pink candle lighting up in the room. He struggles out of Chanyeol's hug and tip toes to the candle. He atches the flame flicker and is instantly captivated.

Amazed by the candle, he reaches his fingers out to touch the candle. 

"Owww." He shouts and his palm slaps the candle to the floor and the carpet sizzles up and a fire is slowly brewing. He runs to Chanyeol, shouting frantically, "Master! Fire! Fire!"

Chanyeol's eyelids are lifted opened slowly and he sees the most attractive boy shaking him awake. 

"Fire!"

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes. His eyes travels to the boy's lips.There is a slight droop on the corner of the lips and he finds it cute and thinks to himself that he would like to kiss it.His thoughts are evntually broken by the disgusting smoky smell that intrudes his nose.

He stands up from his bed and sees the fire.

Chanyeol turns to look at the boy accusingly and Baekhyun flonches in hurt at Chanyeol's harsh glare. Baekhyun avoids the piercing eyes and takes the blanket and swats it furiously on the fire until it sizzles out.

"Master, I... didn't mean it."

Chanyeol gasps as he watches his blanket gets burned slightly on the underside. He bends down and proceeds to examine the charred black carpet. A sigh left his lips. Baekhyun pouts and tugs Chanyeol on the arm,"Master, I am sorry."

Chanyeol feels like a hurricane hit him and he wonder aloud," who are you?"

Baekhyun frowns, not liking how chanyeol has dramtically take a step baclk from Baekhyun.

"I am Baekhyun!" he exclaims, pointing to the leash on his neck.

Chanyeol's eyes travels to the pet collar he puts on Baekhyun earlier in the store.

This cannot be it-

He screams.

 


 

 

Sehun thinks it is a bad idea to call Suho now.

He likes staying up late and buries himself in the fancams of his favorite idol. His childhood friend, Krystal is living as a beautiful goddess in the music industry.His eyes never leave the large plasma tv screen he connects to his computer. His butler comes knocking at his door, asking him to sleep in early but Sehun just stares at him, eyes cold and piercing like the butler did something unforgivable. His dad comes in next and watches Sehun ignoring his attempts to speak to his son and leaves forlornly.

Sehun admits that he is a bastard for being a poor friend, a idiotic son and the worst of all, the most stupid boy in love. He has loved Krystal since he meets her and Krystal is just like him, not warm but moderately cool like ice and touches him with the grace that Sehun just cannot describe. He always thinks he will not love a second person. His heart has belonged to the woman. Krystal has stopped sending emails since they started college and Sehun is upset but he understands. His crush is busy. She leads a life interesting and Sehun finds her fascinating. She really fulfills her dream as a singer and looks superb. Sehun sighs and looks at himself. He is just a boy more handsome than the rest but live such a boring life. 

"Meow." Sehun tears his eyes away from the screen and looks at the kitten.

"What do you want?"

He sounds irritated for sure and the kitten blinks its large soulful eyes.

Sehun pats it and proceed to tickle the chin , "you are beautiful. Just not as beautiful as her." 

The kitten jumps on his lap and stares interestedly at the screen. It makes no sound and just stares at Krystal. Sehun is satisfied that his kitten appears appreciative of Krystal's beauty too as it purrs when Krystal sings.

"She is beautiful, isn't she?" Sehun smiles a larger smile and his eyes follow Krystal on the screen and lovingly gazes at the way she waves at her fan. "She has been all my attention." 

The kitten has already gave up looking at Krystal actually and instead devotes his attention to the boy who looks blissful. Luhan looks intently at Sehun.

Old Man always look at Old Ma's photograph like that. He tells me this is how a person in love looks like.

Luhan's lips curved upwards and shut his eyes in bliss, hearing the music play in the background, singing about heartbreaks and blues.

 

 

A bright light suddenly blinds Sehun's sight and Sehun too shut his eyes instinctively.

Then when he opens his eyes, his lower jaws fall slightly but he makes no sound. If Sehun is shocked, he sure has made it gone unnoticed.A young-looking man is on his laps and his voice is so calming and melodious that for once, Sehun tone out Krystal's singing in the background and watches intently as the boy's lips move gently.

"You love her."

It is a statement and Sehun nods.

The boy looks away and a sad smile graces his face. The softness of the boy scares Sehun.He can feel the boy on his fingers and he looks so delicate like a doll that Sehun is so afraid of holding it too tightly. He in a breath and frowns," Who are you?"

"Luhan." The boy replies and brushes Sehun's fringe. "Now do me a favour, will you? Call that guy, suho. Before the others drive them haywire."

Sehun snaps out of his daydream and Krystal's voice crushes his world again.

He glances at the clock. 

10.30pm.

"No." Sehun frowns and firmly replies again, "No."

Luhan pouts and Sehun frowns harder. 

"No." This time he sounds harsh and Luhan looks shocked and his lips quivered.

Sehun does not regret sounding harsh. Because No, he does not like himself tuning out Krystal's voice and hates himself paying attention to the boy more than towards Krystal.

 


 

"Oh my freaking-" Chen stares at the sight before him and jaws fell to the ground. It is an understatement to say Chen is baffled, confused and bewildered. He just witnesses the rabbit transforming into a human. The cheeks are cute and are aching for a pinch. The human is dressed in oversized hoodie and his eyes widen. A smirk adorns the face and the human skips to Chen and he teasingly sticks his tongue out.

Bastard Human. Making him scared. if I don't... scare him till he faints...

Their gazes lock for a while and Xiumin starts to grow uncertain and self-conscious under Chen's gaze.

"You are pretty." Chen blurts out.His eyes traces the round eyes then to sharpness of the nose and moves down further to the lips.The adorable achingly beautiful rosy lips are asking for someone to smack his lips on them. Xiumin's playful smile disappears and instead a blush paints his cheeks and Chen mesmerized, reaches his hands out and caress the cheeks.

The hand feels warmer as the blush darkens.

"Ma...Master." The boy squeaks, "don't touch Xiumin like this."

Chen ignores and retorts lovingly, "but what can I do? You are beautiful."

Chen smiles and Xiumin bites his lips in embarrassment. Then something strikes Chen.

"Wait what? You are Xiumin?!"


 


 

 

Suho is shaking visibly in his nightmare. Beads of precipitation dripped from his forehead and his sweat-coated body felt that it was burnt in the heat-induced environment. He is pretty sure he had not turned his heater on. In his dream, a handsome boy is beckoning him, his features rather soft and a pair of dimples graces his cheeks. He is smiling kindly, arms outstretched and eyes smiling in crescents, “Mr. Busy, it is alright. That monster does not exist.”

And the smirking bully in High School fades on cue…

DUM.

“SUHOOO!  ARHHHH!”

Suho thinks he is really delusional as he hears someone punching in his room lock password. That hallucination gets so terrible that he thinks it might be Kyungsoo for a moment.

“Master, Kai is a nice person. He doesn’t intend to scare you. He is just thirsty and your room door has a lock combination so he has no choice to wake you up to get to the kitchen.”

Suho rubs his sweaty neck with his hand and his eyelids are still firmly closed. Oh my god, now he cannot believe his imaginary handsome boy’s voice is speaking to Kyungsoo in his hallucination. Maybe he should really hook someone up since he now appears desperate for a handsome lad so much so that he hallucinated.

“Suho. You sleeping pig hyung!” Suho feels insulted even if it is a dream. And he feels that he should drill some manners into Kyungsoo but later reminds himself it is merely a dream and his Kyungsoo is in fact a well-mannered young man that gripped on a lot of ahjummas’ hearts.

Then he feels someone roughly pulling his sleeves and shaking him awake.

Hmm.

He thinks , I am so ill in my mind.

“SUHO!” then a loud velvety voice slapped his ears. He jerks awake. This seems too real to be a dream.
His eyes scans the frantic-looking almost bursting into tears Kyungsoo pulling his sleeves. Then they travel to a tanned irritated man, taller than both Kyungsoo and him, crossing his arms, leaning against the door.  What is this man? He has not time to process his thinking this time when his bright eyes landed on the man at the doorway. He sheepishly beams and Suho hiccups.


 

 

It was through troubles until everyone turns up at Suho's house in confusion. Luhan successfully arrives and explains. He is shaking within but the uncertainty foes unnoticed by the confused people.

 

After Luhan’s explanation, everyone is taken aback and every shareholder turn to look at Suho.

Suho stumbles over his letters and says he isn’t aware of the special cases the Owner says means…

HYBRIDS.

He sure have known that Baekhyun and Kai are special because they are wolf-puppy mixed and also ponder over the reason that makes the others rare also other than their outstanding pet attributes.

“Hyung. Is time to sleep!” Sehun concludes the tension, “Everyone brings their pet home. I know Kris and Suho and Kyungsoo are not convinced. But, is time to sleep. Contemplate everything tomorrow, please.”

Sehun drags Luhan along and leaves abruptly. Chen grips his Xiumin and waves goodbye. Kris touches Tao on his hand but later draws back. Tao looks afraid and says, “Master. Are we going home?”

Kris nods back and Tao tails after him. Suho looks at Chanyeol and Chanyeol sighs before Baekhyun clings on him and leaves the house like a married couple. Finally Suho turns to the dimpled boy.

“I am Lay.” Lay smiles and Suho nods.

“You know my room door code?”

“I followed you in and memorized it.” Lay replies and Kyungsoo stares at Kai accusingly.

Kai glares back, and walks back to Kyungsoo’s room. Kyungsoo looks flustered by Kai’s cold treatment and fastens his pace after him. Suho smiles and leads Lay in, “Let’s sleep, should we?”

Lay grins back and states he will sleep on the floor.

“Mr Busy, meet you tomorrow.”

Suho has his breath taken away.

 

 

 

 

Mysteryher here apologising for the very haphazard events. Messy, isn't it? Sorry ><. I am new to this.

Forgive me too, Rainlit_reverie has very short snapshots of imagination sometimes so the ideas don't really flow well.

 

Dear Everyone reading this,

This is so ish. That Mysteryher and Rainlit_reverie are blushing in embarassment. Still, you are all still so lovely .///.

Oh ya, isn't Sehun interesting? and Lulu , jebal, save him. And Baekyeol fluff cannot be stopped for the time being. As usual Kaisoo is not that fast due their opposite attract theory. So much to love about, exo.

 support Luhan. support Kris. support exo.

And remember all the happiness they gave us is more than the sadness they gave us. And furthermore, don't be sad. 2014 is a horrible KPOP year. But KPOP yes is still our style, not gonna give up on it.

From Baekhyun0biased Rainlit_reverie and Sehun0biased Mysteryher