Neol-Scenario Six The Secret Spot

Pandas and Unicorns


     Lay led the way to his secret spot carrying both cups of hot chocolate.He had refuse to let you hold your own cup saying that you might spill it also saying that you might end up eating up all the marshmallows before arriving at the secret spot so for precaution purposes he had to hold it for you.

He led you to a staircase situated near the school field and made you climb the stairs all the way up to the fifth floor.You emerged at the top of the stairs first while behind you,Lay slowly headed up the stairs to ensure that he wouldn't spill any of the hot chocolate.

You looked around to find that there was nothing much to look at as the fifth floor was the highest floor that led to the rooftop of the school.There were a pile of old chairs stacked up at one corner of the limited floorspace available and besides that was the door that led to the roof.You tried opening the door but the handle wouldn't even budge so the door was clearly locked and you assumed that the rooftop was not accessible to the students.You wondered whether this was where Lay had intended to be at.

The staircase occupied most of the space available,about a few steps away was the door leading to the roof and beside it was the small space for storing the stacked up old chairs.This space had to be that little room on top of the rooftop,you know that little box sort of room on the rooftop that would open up to reveal the entire rooftop area?Was this the secret spot Lay talked about?You guess that the stairs could be the place where you guys would be  sitting down at but it was a little dark here and the air seemed a little dusty.You turned around to face Lay and asked,

"So uh is this your secret spot?It's kind of not that secretive,you know?"

"Really?I think it's a pretty good spot that no one would come to.It's dark,dusty and rarely any signs of civilization.Kind of make me feel like a vampire being here alone in the dark."

"Yeah,I guess no one would be bothered to come all the way up here.So where shall we sit at,the stairs?"

Lay suddenly started to laugh,his eyes twinkling as he gave you an amused smile.

"I was just kidding.You're cute for thinking that.What kind of a guy would I be to make a pretty girl like you sit at this dark and dusty staircase?Here,hold this."

You tried your best to not blush or look like a complete fool after hearing him calling you cute and pretty.In what way was that cute though and there were tons of utterly gorgeous girls in this school(you've seen groups of them standing around just being all pretty and glamorous)so how could you be pretty compared to them?It was hard trying to not react to his words.You didn't want to let his looks affect you in any way but you couldn't deny that he was a pretty tall handsome guy with soft-looking hair,twinkling eyes,smooth looking skin and an mesmerizing smile that could make anyone instantly smile just by looking at it.On top of all that so far he had been generous and kind just like an gentleman although it might still be too early to say that since you just met him.

So to sum it all up,it was hard to look him in the eyes after hearing those words.Thus you silently accepted the two cups he handed to you and simply observed him as he moved towards the pile of old stacked up chairs.You stared at him wondering about what he was going to do.

Lay pushed the pile of stacked up chairs to the side as gently as he could so that the sound of the chairs screeching against the floor wouldn't be drastically loud and wouldn't attract any attention.After he had finished pushing the chairs to the side,you realized that hidden behind the stacked up chairs was a metal like ladder attached to the wall that led to an opening at the top of it.Lay climbed up the ladder and flipped open the small latch of the opening before moving that opening away so that the top was now opened up,revealing the sky above.

Lay gestured for you to come closer.You walked towards him,handing him the two cups of hot chocolate one by one as he took it from you and climbed to the top placing it wherever his head had disappeared to.After that he climbed all the way back down and asked you to make your way up and out so that he could close off the opening when he climbed up afterwards.You slowly made your way up,climbing out of the opening to find yourself standing on top of that little box sort of room that was on top of the rooftop itself.You felt the breeze of the wind blowing softly past you as you admired the sky that surrounded the whole rooftop.

You heard Lay climbing up after you and you moved a few steps ahead so as to not block his way when he closed up the opening.You looked around observing the view of being on top of the entire school when you suddenly stopped and stared in astonishment at this particular spot nearby where you were standing.It was a peculiar thing to suddenly spot and all you could do was to stare at it in astonishment.Lay who had finished closing the opening suddenly appeared standing beside you,looking at the spot you were looking at.You turned to face him and before you could ask,he had already answered the question.

"I present to you my secret spot well technically Tao's and mine but for now since he isn't here,let's just say it's my secret spot."

The secret spot was a small but spacious green colored rectangular open hut and it looked freaking awesome.It was a really simple small hut that had a metal shelter at the top of it and 4 sturdy and stable poles supporting it.It was placed beside the ledge so that it's back and left sides were where the walls of the ledge were at and the entrances of the hut was either it's right side or the front.There was a small wooden two shelved shoe rack placed at the right side making it the initial entrance of the hut.

"Not bad eh?It can only hold about four people in it since it's pretty small but mostly it's only Tao and me so we pretty much have enough space to lie down and stuff."

Lay told you as the two of you walked towards the hut.Lay took of his shoes and placed it in the rack and you did the same.You were a little stun still at seeing this awesome small hut,it was an totally unexpected thing to come across on especially on your first day 
at an new school.You were surprised seeing the outside of the hut but you realized that the inside was way cooler than the hut itself and you find yourself feeling really shocked just looking at it.

The inside of the hut was just pure awesome and really comfortable looking.The floor of the hut was completely covered by this red colored cushion mat,there were cushions and pillows laid around on it and even a pair of bean bags placed at the corner of the hut.There were two small sized solar paneled fans and a really small squared sized table at the side.There was a cute little bookshelf fixed onto the wall filled with a few books and magazines.There was also a small cupboard nailed to the wall labeled snacks and an peculiar looking box labeled chilled.

"So this is it.What do you think?"

Lay asked as he gestured for you to sit opposite him at the small table where he had placed the cups of hot chocolate. 

"It's the most awesome secret spot I have ever seen.Was it already here before or?"

"Nope.So the story was that one day Tao and me were looking for a spot to hang out at where we wouldn't get spotted by teachers or anyone else for that matter.We skipped class and went around the whole school trying to look for that perfect spot.Somehow we ended up resting at that staircase earlier as we tried to think of the possible places that could possibly be an ideal spot for us to hang at.Tao being the idiotic one decided to climb the stack of chairs for fun and ended up toppling the whole stack down.After hitting him on the head,that was when I saw the metal ladder.We climbed it and discovered this hut.It was just a place to store chairs or something I guess but since it was a hassle to bring it all the way up,they decided to just leave the chairs at the staircase.After the few modifications that Tao and I did,this was the end result."

"Ah I see.This place is pretty cool.You guys are creative."

"Only when we want to be."

Suddenly both Lay and you heard the pitter patter of raindrops slowly falling and hitting the roof of the hut.Lay stood up and went to the side of the hut as you curiously watched him.He stood at the side of the hut in the rain and reached for something on the roof of the hut,gently bringing it down.You realized that the thing he was bringing down was this white transparent flap used to keep the rain from getting into the hut.

"Wow you guys thought of everything huh?"

"Best to be prepared ya know?"

Lay replied giving you a smile as he came back into the hut.

You nodded your head in response.

The rain gradually started to get heavier as both you and Lay quietly drank the cups of hot chocolate.You find yourself yawning a few times,feeling this sudden sleepiness looming over you.It must be the rainy weather making you incredibly sleepy somehow.

"Do you want to lie down and take a nap maybe?"

Lay asked after noticing your constant yawning and sleepy slowly drooping shut eyes.

"That would be nice but I don't think there's enough space to lie down here besides wouldn't it be weird for me to suddenly fall asleep here?"

"Nah it wouldn't be weird.Tao and me takes turns sleeping here all the time.Are you done with your drink?"

"Yeah.Why?"

Lay took your cup and his,throwing it into a plastic bag that you hadn't notice was in the corner before gesturing for you to move back a little.You did as he asked wondering what he was about to do next.He place his hands underneath the small table and somehow folded it up making it look like a single piece of squared wood.He hid the table behind the beanbags,leaning it against the wall before coming back to you.

"Tadah.Now you have enough space to lie down and sleep for awhile."

"But it'll be weird.Like I'm ignoring you or something like that."

"It's okay.I usually just listen to music and sit here to pass the time so I don't mind."

"So it's okay if I just lie on the bean bag for awhile?"

"Yeah be my guest.You don't mind if I sit next to you right?"

"I don't mind.Wake me up if fall asleep?I'll feel weird if I fall asleep here."

"Sure I will."

With that being said,both you and Lay got up and went to sit on the comfy bean bags.

You silently observed Lay as he took out his headphones and listened to his music.You were fascinated by how calm and peaceful looking his face was.You felt like touching his face just to feel the smoothness of it but somehow you ended up slowly drifting away from reality and fell asleep instead.

Was it just your imagination or was Lay looking intently at you when you found yourself slowly drifting off to sleep?