Neol-Scenario Five Skipping To Eat

Pandas and Unicorns

        The sound of both of your footsteps echoed in the empty hallways as you walked beside Lay.You thought about breaking the silence but you didn't quite know what to say and you didn't want to make the conversation seem awkward.You weren't sure why but you had this impression of Lay being this chill kind of guy who was intelligent and mature only he didn't show it off arrogantly.

Thus you didn't want to talk meaninglessly or stupidly to him.But neither did you want the silence that surrounded the both of you.So in the end you decided to ask a question at the same time in which Lay decided to ask you a question.You stop mid sentence and prompted for him to go first.

"Do you want a drink?There's a couple of vending machines around the corner."

You pondered over the question a little.You were already 20mins late but being the new student meant that you could get excused.Lay however would probably get detention but he didn't seem to mind or at least he gave you the impression of being that way.You didn't really feel like being stuck in a classroom for an hour or so but you wouldn't be making a good impression on the first day of being the new student either.Lay cleared his throat suddenly and you turned to look at him.

"It's okay if you don't want to.I'm usually this irresponsible with Tao so it's like a habit.We can head to class right now if you want to so don't feel pressured to say yes."

He reassured you after noticing your doubtful look.

You thought about it for a few seconds before deciding that following your mood was the best choice

And right now your mood was dying for some coffee.

 

"What would you like?Coffee?Hot chocolate?Milk or a can drink maybe?" 

Lay asked,his fingertips touching the keypad ready to key the drink number in.

You stood beside him and inspected the cost of the drinks available.The machine accepted only coins and you weren't sure whether you had enough coins for the drinks you wanted.Of course you had to get 2 cans of coffee otherwise how would you survive the rest of the day?You knew you had to buy the hot chocolate.It was a must you couldn't resist plus it came in this cute cup with marshmallows in it.How do you reject marshmallows?It wasn't a plausible thing to do.And you just had to have the milk as it was the perfect thing to go along with the cookies that were sold at the next vending machine.Also had to have the pack of brownies that looked pretty appetizing next to the cookies.

"So?Which one?"

Lay asked,looking at you expectantly waiting.

"Uh I don't think I have enough coins for the drinks I want.Do you have any coins to switch with my notes?"

You asked Lay as you took out all the coins you had and started counting them.

"I always have coins.The vending machine is the only important purpose for why I have coins." 

Lay replied jingling an small wallet filled with only coins.

"So what would you like to drink?"

"Umm two cans of coffee,one cup of hot chocolate and a carton of milk please."

"Hmm good choices.The hot chocolate is really nice compared to the ty hot coffee."

Lay inserted the coins one by one,keying the numbers in patiently.You wondered whether he was judging you for buying so many drinks.You thought since you were skipping lessons might as well have a nice picnic somewhere.You hoped Lay didn't mind that idea because you'll definitely need him to find a hidden spot for the picnic. 

Lay handed you your two cans of coffee and milk carton before buying  your hot chocolate next.You kept the drinks in your bag,took out your wallet and asked Lay,

"How much is all of that?"

Lay was waiting for the hot chocolate to be filled into the cup when you asked.He turned to face you and smiled.Was it just you or did that smile contain side effects that made your heart beat just a little faster?

"Nah it's okay.Its my treat to you for skipping your first lesson on the first day of your new school.We're gonna celebrate with some hot chocolate and some snacks.You okay with that?"

You found yourself smiling upon hearing his words.You expected your first day to be boring and lonely but meeting Tao and Lay totally changed that.

"I am so okay with that.I expected my first day to be boring and lonely but I don't think it's going to be that way now.Thanks Lay."

You genuinely smiled at him and he flashed you a wide grin in return.

"Nah it's no big deal.What are friends for?And just for your info the total for your drinks were five dollars and fifty cents."

He informed you as he held your cup of hot chocolate and bought another one for himself.

You felt touched knowing that he considered you a friend when the both of you barely knew each other just yet.You tried to pay him back but he refused saying it was okay and that you could treat him next time.You decided that the next time would be right now and offered to buy the snacks for the so called celebration aka picnic that the two of you were going to have for skipping biology.

"I'll buy the snacks then so it'll be fair.Anything you would like?"

"A packet of Oreos please."

You headed to the vending machine filled with snacks and bought a pack of cookies,brownies,Oreos,cookies and cream peppero and a few chocolate bars.You were relieved to find out that the vending machine accepted both notes and coins.

You took all the snacks and stuffed them into your bag before turning to face Lay and asking,

"Where to now?"

"My secret spot.If you ever breathe a word to another living soul about it then I'm forced to take your soul and make it mine."