Neol~Scenario Three The Nice Guy

Pandas and Unicorns


 "So I'm guessing you're new here?" 

Tao asked you as he walked beside you navigating the way. 

"It's that obvious?I thought no one would notice."

You replied sarcastically.

"So new but sarcastic I see."

He laughs and looks at you in a way that made it feel like he was examining you. 

"I'm actually really nervous though.School is hard enough but starting all over again at a new school feels ten times harder."

 You voiced out.You didn't want him to pity you or anything,it was just this feeling that  you had to tell someone  about because bottling it up was kinda killing you on the inside.

"I get how you feel.I came to this school as a new student too last year.Don't worry,I'm pretty sure you'll make a couple of friends soon." 

He gave you a comforting smile which somehow made you feel less nervous although it made no sense to you why his smile was affecting you.

"I don't know.I'm not some social butterfly.I don't mind just having one close true friend but it's going to be hard just finding a friend so."

"You don't have to be a social butterfly.Your sarcasm alone is a bonus to anyone who befriends you.I'm sure you'll do just fine besides I'm here ain't I?Thats one less person to befriend."

He gave you a really warm smile and you find yourself smiling back at him too.You continued walking beside him down the hallway and although there was no talking,the silence felt really comfortable and not awkward in any way at all.

You took a real good look at him.You realized that he was really handsome and good looking.He had this cute boyish look yet he looked mature.He had really long eyelashes and dark eye bags that made you picture him as an panda.His eyes were really fascinating though,they had this unique feel to them and you could have stared at them all day long.You were just about to ask him a question but you didn't get the chance as both of you were stopped by an man in smart attire who was holding a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Tao,what are you doing wandering the hallways when you have a math class to attend?"

 The guy who you assumed was a teacher asked Tao with this trying hard to be strict but it wasn't strict voice.

"I had to get something from the general office and I was helping the new student find her way to class Sir."

Tao answered the teacher with a slight nod towards you.Upon seeing you,the teacher nodded his head as though remembering something.

"You must be the new transfer student.I'm Mr Roberts,your math teacher whom you have 1st period with today.Can the two of you please hurry to class?I'll be there shortly."

And with that Mr Roberts walked away probably to his office to get a coffee refill.Tao continued walking and you followed him quietly,the sound of both of your footsteps lightly filling the hallways.You stopped when he suddenly turned around making you bump into him.You glanced at th door he had stopped at and you realized that it was room 1302.

"Here it is room 1302 where all the torture and misery happens.I bet you're excited."

Tao gave you a grin as he held the handle of the door.

"I hate maths.This school must hate me already."

You grimaced thinking about the long day ahead.

"Hey,it won't be that bad.If you need any help you can always come to me.I'll be happy to help."

With a sincere smile,Tao opened up the classroom door and held it open for you.You entered the classroom and looked around.The class was busy chattering to each other and no one paid attention to you.Tao appeared beside you,looking at you as you tried to find a seat for yourself.
The students were everywhere,sitting on tables or standing around them and you couldn't decide which tables were taken and which were vacant.You felt a little idiotic just standing there and sighed.The prospects of a good first day seemed deem.

"Follow me.I'm pretty sure the window seat over there is empty."

Tao told you as he gently pushed you towards the direction of the empty seat.You walked to the seat with Tao walking behind you and you realized most of your new classmates were staring at you well technically not really at you but at Tao who was behind you.You wondered why.Was he the popular guy in the school?

Upon reaching the seat,you placed your bag on the floor with an thud and turned to face Tao.

"Thank you for pitying the new student on her first day.I would still be wandering the hallways if you hadn't offered to help."

"What pitying?We're friends remember?I was just there to help and I'm still here to help whenever you need it.Technically I'm seating beside you but it's one table to the front so if math is killing you just throw a pen at me.I'll throw one at Mr Roberts to distract him while you escape."

 You laughed at his joke and thanked him yet again.Tao smiled and walked to his seat which was exactly where he said it would be.You felt lucky to have chanced upon Tao on your first day.He was really a nice guy and you appreciated his kindness towards you.You hoped that maybe one day Tao and you would be closer as friends because he seemed just like the kind of guy you wanted to have as a friend.

You felt the stares and whispers of your classmates,snippets of 'who is she','is she the new girl' and 'why was Tao talking to her' being asked around.No one approached you or came to asked the questions they were busily whispering about.You decided to not be bothered by the chatter of your new classmates and the stolen glances they took to look at you instead you looked out of the window silently waiting for Mr Robert to arrive from his coffee refill.