Neol-Scenario Four The Chill Guy

Pandas and Unicorns

      The bell finally rings indicating the end of your math period.It was a total bore just as you had expected it to be.You checked your schedule to see what period you had next and was disappointed to see that you had two periods of biology to go through before lunch.

Unintentionally you find your gaze being directed towards Tao who was packing up his bag and talking to some of his friends.You wanted to ask what his next period was but then you decided not to.It wasn't like you knew him,sure he might have said that you and him were friends but maybe it was just a friendly gesture.You looked around the classroom,trying to find someone to be friends with.It wasn't because you didn't want to but none of your classmates seemed friendly enough to approach(except for Tao that is but just no).You knew it was going to be hard but you didn't expect it to be this hard.No one even bothered to say hello to you despite you having introduced yourself to the entire class  before math period.You would gladly said hello but you felt that you would just annoy them plus you kinda felt insecure.

You sighed in defeat and started packing up your stuff.The day was just getting started but you already felt like throwing yourself onto your bed and sleeping forever.You thought about skipping the rest of the day but thought better of it.You didn't want to be stereotyped as a badass on the first day.You slung your bag over your shoulders as you headed out of the classroom and into the hallway of madness.Everyone was literally everywhere,some were rushing about here and there while others were standing around at every vacant corner available.It was going to be tough finding your way to your next class let alone your locker.You had no idea where your locker was located at either. You had wanted to take a look at your locker earlier on but after getting lost finding your way to the general office,you decided to just do it after your first period.

You took one step forward and prepared yourself to be lost in the bustle and rush of the hallways.You took a look at the map given to you and decided to just wing it because the map was just useless.You guess that someone probably just printed it out from the school's blueprints and expected you to understand it.You took a deep breath and slowly started moving away from the classroom doorway when suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder.You turned around to find Tao standing behind you.

"Hey,why are you still standing here?Can't find your next class?"

"Umm yeah."

You mumbled in reply.Somehow you felt a little idiotic and pathetic being the lost girl again.

"What's your next period?I have physics."

"I have biology but......"

You trailed off.You felt like you were troubling him constantly by being lost.Since you didn't have the same period as him next,you didn't want to ask him for help incase it was inconvenient for him.

"But what?My physics class is nearby to your biology class so I can walk you there." 

"Umm I kind of have no idea where my locker is at and I'm trying to find it so I think you should go ahead to physics."

"What's your locker number?"

Wow,wasn't he a stubborn person?Didn't you kind of indirectly told him to go away?It wasn't because you didn't want his help or anything but you just didn't want to burden or inconvenience him.But he didn't seem to have taken the hint and intently looked at you,waiting for a reply.

"Locker number 3279.I'm sure I can find it,you should really get going.I'll hate to be the cause of you being late to class."

"I won't be late and even if I was well I don't particularly care.I know where your locker is.Its right next to the locker of this guy I know so just follow your handsome tour guide."

He gave you a smile before taking your hand and pulling you with him through the strong waves of students heading to their destinations.You held onto his hand and tried your best to avoid hitting or bumping into anyone.

Tao was bringing you further down the hallways and after awhile the number of students slowly decreased.The bell rang indicating the start of the next period and most of the students disappeared into the classrooms.You let go of Tao's hand and walked beside him.You kept anxiously looking at him,trying to see if he looked in any way bothered or annoyed at you for making him late.He glanced at you and caught you looking at him worriedly.

"It's okay.I tend to be late most of the time anyways.So stop looking at me with that worried expression.As your tour guide,I'm happy to be here unless of course you think I at this and don't want me here."

He laughs and smiles at you reassuringly.You smiled back,the worried expression gone after hearing his words.You felt a little more relaxed after hearing him say that.

Tao came to a stop and he showed you where your locker was.He leaned against the locker on your right as you turned your locker combination and opened up your locker.You threw all your unneeded books into the locker and closed it with a bang.You got the shock of your life when an unknown guy appeared on your left and said,

"Chill,it's not the locker's fault is it?"

He opened up his own locker  and started throwing his books into the locker.In shock,you just stared at him and mumbled yeah.Tao suddenly appeared beside you and you jumped as he shouted,

"Lay you idiot,where have you been?"

"Busy."

Lay replied not looking up from his task of throwing books.Tao slung his arm over Lay's shoulder and said,

"You could have texted me at least after rejecting my call."

Tao pouted his lips cutely at Lay while Lay ignored him.

"You know I hate picking up calls."

Lay slammed his locker shut and noticed you standing at your locker observing him and Tao.

"Tao,you finally got a girlfriend?"

You cleared your throat awkwardly and Tao  gave Lay a hit on the head.

"Don't assume things you idiot.You always do that.Lay meet the new transfer student,new student meet my best bro,Lay.

"Hey,I'm Lay and I'm not his real brother just to be clear."

You introduced yourself and shook Lay's hand.

Lay gave you a polite smile then turned to  look at Tao with a puzzled expression.

"You have physics now right?Why are you here when your class is at the other side of the building?"

Tao laughed cheekily and replied,

"Because I miss you?"

Lay gave him a what the face.

"I wanted to help her find her locker and her next class.I was worried she'll get lost wandering the hallways alone."

Tao explained looking at you.You stood awkwardly beside your locker feeling bad about being the lost one.If you had known his class was that far,you would have refused and rejected his offer to help you.You stared at the ground feeling guilty.

"What's her next class?I can help her find her way so you should get going before Mr Steven doubles up your detention."

"Mr Steven will double up my detention no matter what I do or don't do. Her next class is biology."

"We got the same period next so I guess it won't be a problem.You should get going."

"Okay fine,I'll go.Don't make her feel awkward.I'll see you guys at lunch."

Tao walked away waving goodbye to you and Lay.The two of you waved back as he disappeared further down the hallway.

You stood awkwardly next to Lay waiting for him to start walking.Lay looked at you and asked,

"Shall we go now?"

You nodded your head in reply.

"Okay,let's take our time because I hate biology.You don't mind right?"

Lay asked as he looked at you.

You shook your head.

"Okay.Its cool if you don't want to talk to me."

"Umm.Its just I don't know what to say to you."

You replied,looking at him anxiously.You didn't want to be seen as an cold and antisocial person.

"Well I can fix that.I might seem cold but in actually fact I'm just chill you know?" 

"Yeah I don't but I get it."

You say implying that you didn't know him but you knew what he meant.

"Hmm.I think we'll be alright as friends."

You look at him,a little puzzled about how he came to that conclusion.Lay smiled at you,a really warm friendly smile.And you don't know why but somehow that smile made you feel a little nervous on the inside.What was this feeling?