Chapter Five

I'll Whisper Love Into Your Ears (and hope that one day, you'll do the same)

To: Yixing
Yo yo yo homie whaddup.
I need new clothes pls come shopping with me

From: Yixing
I’m busy.
Ask Chanyeol.

Baekhyun frowned, before writing a response.

To: Yixing
Wtf you have no social life apart from me.
He’s at his grandmother’s somewhere idk not close.

From: Yixing
I’m with Joonmyun jfc.
Wow only two friends I don’t even talk and I have more than you.

To: Yixing
Um I have many friends like idk why you’re my best one.

From: Yixing
Kwl.
Well then ask one of them?

To: Yixing
Idk I just thought I’d ask you first?

From: Yixing
k.

To: Yixing
Don’t you k me you .

From: Yixing
k.

To: Yixing
(ノ
Д) ┻━┻

From: Yixing
Ily <3

To: Yixing
I hate you go away.

From: Yixing
I’m free tomorrow, wanna go then?

To: Yixing

To: Yixing
k.

 

tumblr_inline_ms16ins6Ze1qz4rgp.png

 

“Your hair is fine.”

“It’s all over the place! I knew the skies were grey but I didn’t think it was going to pour down like that!”

Yixing knew that Baekhyun, if he had been speaking, would be borderline crying. It was almost as if he thought that if he didn’t say it out loud, no one else would notice. But as usual, Yixing knew Baekhyun was overreacting.

“If it’s that bad, just buy a snapback or something. Cover it up.” he signed, before going back to his browsing among the hooks.

Baekhyun’s frown split into an open mouth smile of amazement, wiggling his finger in agreement.

“Try this on, we’ll go there next.” Baekhyun shoved a shirt to Yixing’s chest and pushed him into the change-room. Without much thought, Yixing took his own shirt off before putting the store’s on and walking out. It was law that if Baekhyun thought it looked good, he’d make him buy it. There was no point in wasting time.

Baekhyun’s eyes critically trailed from Yixing’s hips to his neck, increasing in size.

“Holy , Yixing. What did he do to you?”

Yixing’s eyes widened upon the realization of what Baekhyun was talking about, quickly pulling him into the changeroom.

“Don’t be so loud!”

Baekhyun’s shocked face turned into a grin as he laughed.

“Wow, what a beast!”

“Baekhyun!”

Yixing had now pulled the shirt off and was buttoning up his own.

“Even Chanyeol hasn’t done me that damage. What else has he done to you?”

Yixing placed a hand over Baekhyun’s mouth and attempted to smile a friendly smile at the store clerk, though it turned out to be more of a grimace.

“Could you be any louder? Stop making it sound like he’s hurt me!”

“It looks like he used your collarbones as punching bags.”

“He didn’t, I just bruise easily from what he did do!”

Baekhyun laughed at Yixing’s expression- one that reflected a person truly done with life. Admittedly, Baekhyun wasn’t overreacting. Seventy percent of the skin at Yixing’s collarbones were a fading purple and red. When Joonmyun had discovered just how much his boyfriend liked the feel of his teeth biting and his mouth on his skin, he hadn’t held back in the slightest.

“What else has he done to you, then?”

“Nothing!” he signed defensively.

“Really?” Baekhyun said sarcastically.

“Really. We’re not like you and Chanyeol.”

“Ouch, that was a low blow.”

“Not as low as he gets when he blows you.”

Baekhyun stuck out his tongue. “You’re just jealous that Joonmyun is too conservative.”

“He’s not conservative. He’s just waiting for me.”

“How long are you gonna wait?”

“Until I know neither of us will regret it.”

Baekhyun looked at him- they’d been dating for almost two months now.

“Do you think you’d regret it?”

Yixing shook his head. “No.”

“Do you think he’ll regret it?”

“I think he’ll regret me.”

“Yixing…”

“What? It’s just my opinion. He could do a lot better.”

“Don’t say that sort of thing, it’s not true.”

“All you have to do is look at me to know why,” Yixing signed, “I’m not sustainable.”

“Have I ever left you?”

“That’s different.”

“I fail to see how.”

“We grew up together. You’ve heard me speak. You have hope.”

“Joonmyun has hope, too.”

“I can tell he’s getting frustrated.”

Baekhyun sighed, “He’s not going to regret you, Xing. Have faith in that.”

Yixing shook it if at they arrived at the next store, and began browsing for a snapback for Baekhyun. Baekhyun frowned, but didn’t say anything more.

 

“I hate the rain!” Baekhyun whined as they ran into his house. They’d had to run from the bus stop, and they were admittedly soaked. “I’m so cold!”

“Have a bath, Baek. You’ll get sick otherwise.”

“What about you?”

“Immune system of steel.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but listened to his best friend and walked into his bathroom.

 

 

From: Joonmyun
I’m bored :(

Yixing checked his phone for the first time in a couple of hours. Joonmyun had sent the message a while ago, and he felt a little bad for not replying earlier.

To: Joonmyun
What are you, twelve?

The response was immediate.

From: Joonmyun
No one is at home ;;

To: Joonmyun
Don’t you have any other friends?

From: Joonmyun
They’re all busy ;;
What’re you up to?

To: Joonmyun
I’m with Baek, we went shopping

From: Joonmyun
Get anything good?

To: Joonmyun
Yeah, I’ll show you next time you’re over ^^

From: Joonmyun
I’m looking forward to it ;)

To: Joonmyun
You creep o.O
Also he saw my collar and I almost cried.

From: Joonmyun
I REGRET NOTHING.

To: Joonmyun
I do!
He basically yelled it out in the store! It was so embarrassing!

From: Joonmyun
I STILL REGRET NOTHING.

To: Joonmyun
I don’t like you.

From: Joonmyun
I really like you.

Yixing smiled, but before he could reply another message came through.

From: Joonmyun
What’re you doing now?

To: Joonmyun
Stalker >-<

From: Joonmyun
No! I’m just curious.
And bored.

To: Joonmyun
Just talking to you.
Baekhyun’s in the bath, we got soaked and his immune system is terrible.

From: Joonmyun
Are you okay?
Don’t get sick =.=

To: Joonmyun
My immune system is like steel, I’ll be fine.
It’s nice to see all this rain.

From: Joonmyun
Theoretically, yes.
Personally, no.

To: Joonmyun
Why?

From: Joonmyun
Rain means thunderstorms ;;

 

tumblr_inline_ms16ins6Ze1qz4rgp.png

 

It was one in the morning when the sky lit up for the first time, a loud crack resonating through the air seconds later.

Opening his eyes blearily, Yixing looked out the window as the rain pummelled to the ground. It’d been like this for a few hours, now, and he’d grown increasingly worried for the sake of his boyfriend. Whilst he knew Joonmyun was afraid of the storms, he didn’t know to the extent. However, he did know Joonmyun would be awake- he’d never slept through one. The Chinese could see why they were scary, but he could only ever find himself enthralled by the sheer power- he’d always found them fascinating.

Not even a minute later, the lightning lit up the sky once more, and Yixing pulled out his phone.

To: Joonmyun
Hey, are you okay? x

For a few minutes, Yixing refused to take his eyes off the screen, yet he got no response. Concerned, he shook Baekhyun awake.

“What do you want?” he whined, rubbing his eyes.

“Can you ring Joonmyun?”

“It’s one in the morning…” he said tiredly, “Wont he be sleeping? We have school tomorrow…”

“I’m worried. He’s scared of thunderstorms and no one’s at his home but him.”

Sighing, Baekhyun sat up, taking Yixing’s phone.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven rings later, and no one had picked up at the end of the line.

“No answer. He might just be asleep?”

Yixing frowned, pulling himself out of Baekhyun’s bed.

“He’s a light sleeper.”

“Where’re you going?”

“If it were me he’d see if I were okay.”

“Yixing-”

“He’s alone and I feel bad.”

Baekhyun sighed once more, dragging himself out of bed. “I’ll drive you.” he yawned, grabbing a jumper as Yixing took his things.

“You don’t have to- I can get there myself.”

“I’m not letting you go out there alone in this sort of weather.”

 

“Thanks, Baek. I owe you.”

Baekhyun yawned once more. “It’s okay.” he replied, shifting the car gears.

“I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, see you.”

“Drive safely.”

Baekhyun hadn’t seen it as Yixing signed, driving off into the night, before Yixing ran as quickly as he could from the driveway to Joonmyun’s front door. Not even bothering to look, he took the spare key from a stray piece of wood near the door, before quietly opening it.

The wooden floorboards shook as another crack of thunder struck, and he heard a yelp from the direction of his boyfriend’s room.

To say Joonmyun was terrified by the thumping he could hear outside his door was an understatement, but combined with the conditions from outside he’d found it impossible to move. Too afraid to do anything else, he burrowed himself into the blankets further.

Yixing wished he could say something, but instead crawled into Joonmyun’s bed, feeling him tense up before he cautiously opened one eye. Instantly he cried a sob of relief, clutching on to the other. Another crack led to his arm painfully gripping Yixing’s bicep and another yelp jumping from his throat, and the flash of light through the curtains illuminated his face enough for Yixing to see the true level of his emotional battle.

His eyes were full, eyelashes wet and face patchy and red.

Despite all the blankets, Joonmyun was ridiculously cold. Yixing placed his hand on the side of Joonmyun’s face, and finally leant in to kiss the other. Unlike any other time, Joonmyun’s kiss was not powerful but weak, with tints of desperation.

You’re okay, you’re okay, Joonmyun knew he was chanting in his head as Yixing kissed from his lips to his jaw, up to his temples and across his forehead. He could taste the salt as he kissed Joonmyun’s shut eyes, and kissed down his nose before going back to his lips. Slowly, Joonmyun relaxed, though the thunder afterwards only served to make him tense up once more.

“Yixing,” he sobbed, Yixing’s shirt before Yixing wrapped his arms around his shaking figure. Joonmyun tucked his head into the Chinese’s shoulder, and Yixing tightened his grip.

It’s okay, I’m here.

Eventually, though slowly, Joonmyun’s shuddered breaths became less ragged, his grip on Yixing’s shirt loosening as his hold blocked out the thunderstorm, all the fear, and he was filled with a warmth that only Yixing could provide, lulling him to sleep mere minutes before the man cuddling him fell.

 

 

Joonmyun’s alarm woke the both of them up.

“Good morning,” the older mumbled tiredly, not entirely sure why Yixing was there, but not complaining either.

Yixing leant in, giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

Good morning.

Joonmyun rolled out of bed as the memories of the night previous came back to him, and found himself going bright red in embarrassment,

“Why?” he let out in a soft whine, putting his face in his hands.

Yixing laughed, rolling to the middle of the bed and looking up at Joonmyun.

“Don’t just smile at me!” he whined once more.

“You’re so cute.”

Joonmyun hit his head against the wall, and Yixing only laughed more. Frowning, he took his uniform out of his closet. Yixing watched with full attention as he stripped off his shirt and then his pants. Yixing would not deny he’d never seen Joonmyun shirtless, though it was a sight he didn’t think he’d been getting over any time soon. He already knew that Joonmyun worked out, and boy did it show in the dips of his abdominals and v-line.

Joonmyun kicked off his pants, and Yixing would say that was the first time he’d seen his thighs. He couldn’t stop himself his lips as the milky white skin came into view, muscles thick underneath the surface. Joonmyun caught him staring, to which he raised an eyebrow. Yixing raised both his in response, and Joonmyun laughed. Quickly slipping on his clothes, Joonmyun sat down on his bed to put on his shoes, and almost immediately, Yixing sat up, back flush against the other’s as he wrapped his legs and arms around Joonmyun’s stomach and chest- clinging on to him and almost hanging off like a koala.

“May I ask what you are doing?”

Of course, Yixing gave no response and just squeezed tighter. Joonmyun smiled.

“You should get ready, I’ll make us breakfast.”

Yixing grunted, refusing to let go and thus let Joonmyun stand up. When he tried, he fell backwards, rolling over the bed with Yixing attached.

“Come on, Xing.”

No answer.                                                                                                          

“We have to leave in twenty minutes.”

Yixing immediately let go and rolled out from underneath him.

“I’ll meet you downstairs, baby.” Joonmyun said softly, kissing his forehead before walking out, leaving Yixing to change.

He was constantly grateful for the privacy that Joonmyun allowed him. Whilst his boyfriend’s skin was flawless, Yixing believed that below his belt his was not- ensured since the accident. In time Joonmyun would see, but Yixing didn’t really feel like sharing that yet. That would require an explanation that he didn’t want to go into. However, he thought maybe that he may soon. Even though it had just been a kiss on the forehead, Yixing still felt the butterflies in his stomach he’d felt the first time he’d laid his lips on his- only now they’d grown more intense. The beating of his heart still quickened, roaring against his chest and filling his ears and making him feel woozy.

Joonmyun definitely reminded him of thunderstorms.

It was a good thing he really, really liked thunderstorms.

 

tumblr_inline_ms16ins6Ze1qz4rgp.png

 

That day, Yixing greeted Baekhyun at school as he usually did, except this time, with Joonmyun’s arm slung around his shoulder. There was something different about his best friend, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. They’d been best friends for their whole lives, though- Baekhyun would surely tell him if something was wrong.

“I need to talk to Mrs Lin.”

Baekhyun smiled a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Want me to-”

“It’s okay, Joonmyun can do it.” Yixing signed back, returning the smile. “I’ll see you first period, yeah?”

“Oh, alright.”

Yixing was walking in the wrong direction to notice the slight slump of Baekhyun’s shoulders.

 

tumblr_inline_ms16ins6Ze1qz4rgp.png

 

“Baby, what’s up?” Chanyeol asked, hand linked with Baekhyun’s. For a few days, he’d been spacing out, and Chanyeol wasn’t entirely sure why. All he knew was that he didn’t like the frown that constantly covered his boyfriend’s face.

Baekhyun snapped out of his haze. “I’m fine.” he replied.

Chanyeol heard the words, but he felt no feeling behind them.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it,” he tried again, softly, “But are you really fine?”

Baekhyun mustered a weak smile. “I’m okay.”

Chanyeol didn’t believe a word of it.                

He didn’t know if he was putting himself into the firing line, but it wasn’t like Chanyeol was blind. He’d noticed things. “Is it about Yixing?”

Baekhyun bit his lip and clenched his fists, unconsciously making it clear to the other how much he wanted to avoid this conversation. “I’m okay.”

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around the smaller, and Baekhyun leaned into his touch. It was clear to Chanyeol that he was getting nowhere.

“Okay.” he replied simply, yet no more complex than Baekhyun had been, before dropping the matter.

 

 

tumblr_inline_ms16ins6Ze1qz4rgp.png Authors Note tumblr_inline_ms16ins6Ze1qz4rgp.png

The plot thickens...
A little.

I'm pretty sure the page break layout is awful on this, I am very tired but I needed to update so I'll fix it later.

I hope you all enjoyed! Please, feel free to leave comments, I really appreciate them :-)
Also thank you for all the subscriptions and upvotes, they mean a lot :)

Thank you ^^

Tumblr | Twitter